Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where do you find out about new release?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do you find out about new release?
    Posted: January 23 2023 at 08:31
Hello friends,

I am curious what your sources for info on new releases in the progosphere. I'm usually aware of the bigger name releases but every year some of the long timers will have albums in their year end lists that I've not heard of or didn't were out this year. So where do you find out about some of these lesser known bands' new material?
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2023 at 12:15
Necrotica has always a list of new prog releases. Every month here on PA.
Negoba View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2023 at 12:39
Wow that is helpful. Sorry I didn't note it before.
You are quite a fine person, and I am very fond of you. But you are only quite a little fellow, in a wide world, after all.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2023 at 12:45
Forums like here & ProgEars where like minded souls share their recent discoveries, labels emailing what is upcoming on bandcamp & the like, Facebook for music specific groups, exploring the interweb.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2023 at 13:05
New Releases Only thread on PE is my main source
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2023 at 13:58
I will second Necrotica's monthly list.  I also subscribe to Prog magazine so I find new releases through their monthly reviews or ads in the magazine.  Although, they seem to include reviews of many albums that probably don't meet our prog standards and they don't seem to include much of the more out-there avant prog that seems to be favored amongst PA denizens. 
 Post Reply Post Reply