Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nektar celebrates 50th anniversary of "Remember th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nektar celebrates 50th anniversary of "Remember th

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nektar celebrates 50th anniversary of "Remember th
    Posted: January 25 2023 at 18:37
I hope they come and play in San Diego.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2023 at 17:14
Nope, I want a remix of the original album to finally get a decent product.
Unless there's one I don't know about.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
KayZee View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KayZee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2023 at 14:38
For more than 50 years, Nektar has taken legions of fans on audio-visual journeys to far reaches of the universe and the depths of the ocean with their immersive blend of sight and sound. In 2023, the band celebrates the 50th anniversary of the release of their iconic album, “Remember the Future," and will perform the album in its entirety at each show.

It’s wonderful to be out on the road playing for our old and new fans,” says founding member Derek ‘Mo’ Moore, “sharing classic material from ‘Remember the Future’ and other early recordings, and introducing them to the sounds of our most recent album ‘The Other Side.’”

Nektar has captured the imagination and admiration of listeners the world over with their multi-media concerts, melding a jam-band vibe with superb musicality and a visual cornucopia that perfectly complements each performance.

Formed in Germany in 1969 by British expats, Nektar soaked up the musical freedom they found in their new home, favoring extended compositions and concept albums over the constraints of pop. They were among the progenitors of the progressive rock movement of the 1970s as well as the jam-band scene that arose in the late 1990s. Their sound traveled well to the States, where they enjoyed Top 40 success with “A Tab in the Ocean” (1972) and “Remember the Future” (1973).

Nearly 20 albums and a half-century later, the band’s artistic and personal charisma has earned them thousands of devoted fans, who have flocked to festivals such as ProgDay, NearFest and ProgStock, and venues like the Wildey Theatre, to indulge their passion for the Nektar experience. In 2022 they were featured on the Cruise to the Edge, and are on the list for CTTE’s 2024 cruise, as well.

Currently, Nektar features three of the original members – Derek ‘Mo’ Moore (bass guitar, vocals), Ron Howden (drums, percussion, vocals) and Mick Brockett (visual environment). Ryche Chlanda (guitar, vocals) and Randy Dembo (bass guitar, bass pedals, 12-string guitar, vocals) are alums of previous Nektar incarnations. World-class multi-instrumentalist Kendall Scott completes the lineup on keyboards; his performance credits include Project/Object and Ryche Chlanda’s Flying Dreams. Background vocalist Maryann Castello adds her lovely voice to the mix.

We have a tight-knit band, with me and Ron driving the rhythm and adding Ryche Chlanda, who played with us and wrote music with us in 1978, Randy Dembo who joined Nektar in 2005, when I left, and Kendall was a great find,” says Mo. “I thought we would do a new album and then I would leave the road work to the rest of the band. However, I enjoyed the new music so much I went on the road to deliver it. It’s great playing with two bass players, great bottom end.

Mick and his assistant, tech wizard Jay Petsko, recently did a complete digital upgrade of the band’s famed light show. As anyone who has seen Nektar perform knows, the visual environment is a key element to the concert experience, created live and interactively reflecting what the band is playing on stage.

The band’s 2020 release, “The Other Side” (Cherry Red Records), has been hailed as “an epic concept album” and “the best recording by Nektar since ‘Recycled.’”

The whole album is a love song,” says Mo.

It’s also a memorial to friends the band has lost, including fellow founding member Roye Albrighton, who passed in 2016, and their long-time sound mixer Vinny Schmid.

Roye and Vinny appear with many others who have passed to The Other Side in the memories section of ‘The Other Side’ in the light show, which is updated all the time,” says Mo.

In October 2021, Cherry Red released an enhanced version of “The Other Side” that includes a ‘making of’ DVD. The behind-the-scenes documentary spans from the band’s 2019 reunion to performing the new album live in early 2020.

Nektar is currently working on new songs, with an eye toward a release later in 2023.

#RTF50 TOUR DATES (tickets at www.nektarsmusic.com)

MARCH 7 CITY WINERY BOSTON, BOSTON MA

MARCH 8 DARYL’S HOUSE CLUB, PAWLING NY

MARCH 9 THE LINDA, ALBANY NY

MARCH 10 JAZZ CENTRAL, SYRACUSE NY

MARCH 11 THE CAVE, BUFFALO NY

MARCH 15 THE TOKEN LOUNGE, WESTLAND MI

MARCH 16 THE IRVING THEATER, INDIANAPOLIS IN

MARCH 17 ARCADA THEATRE, ST. CHARLES IL

MARCH 18 THE WILDEY THEATRE, EDWARDSVILLE IL

MARCH 19 THE WILDEY THEATRE, EDWARDSVILLE IL

MORE DATES TO BE ADDED!

Official website: www.nektarsmusic.com

Official Facebook page: Nektar – The Legendary Rock Band (Official)

NEKTAR The Legendary Rock Band

Fan Pages:

Nektar | Facebook

Nektar Appreciation Society (private group)

Nektar Appreciation Society | Facebook

Instagram: @nektar.official

Nektar (@nektar.official) • Instagram photos and videos

Nektar YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoEd-HQa3RmFXHUEQ9j_PJA
 Post Reply Post Reply