2 [14.29%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [14.29%]
1 [7.14%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which of you ten zeuhled on the couch?
    Posted: January 28 2023 at 21:42
They all did to varying degrees. I had such a blast re-listening to those records that didn't make my original list. Bringing in the outsiders in some cases but I love them all.

Edited by Mellotron Storm - January 29 2023 at 21:01
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 00:40
Magma
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 02:10
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 03:11
It's either Laurent Thibault, Zao or Noa... or I suppose that's my present top three in the correct order.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 04:05
Jannick Top can do no wrong for me.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 06:31
Magma.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 06:42
Bunch of great stuff here. Went with Bondage Fruit. Could easily have gone for Thibault, Thollot, Top, Noa, Gauthier, Bringolf or Potemkine
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 07:07
Only heard three of these, of which I prefer Laurent Thibault...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 20:59
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

Magma

One of those bands where their live stuff is as good as the studio music. What a lineup with Paganotti on bass, Gauthier on keyboards along with Widemann, Lockwood on violin and I always like Federow's guitar work. One disc is MDK which I have just started to appreciate more than I used to, I always felt it was way too vocal driven but man so impressive.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 21:17
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Jannick Top can do no wrong for me.

I have discovered the same thing. Weird that Richard Pinhas adds guitar on three tracks only because he's also on that Bebe Godzilla album I posted on this poll. Of course he and Pinhas have been part of Heldon and there's others from Heldon on that Gauthier album. Heck the Weidorje lineup is pretty much here. Christian Vander drums on a couple of songs too but Auger from Heldon and Rust from Weidorje help with that. 
Good memories though with this Top record.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 21:22
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

It's either Laurent Thibault, Zao or Noa... or I suppose that's my present top three in the correct order.

That Noa record is a tough nut for me to crack with the female soprano vocals and free jazz sound at times but man just so impressed. Normally I'd be running the other way but it works strangely enough. What a creepy album cover.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 21:31
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Bunch of great stuff here. Went with Bondage Fruit. Could easily have gone for Thibault, Thollot, Top, Noa, Gauthier, Bringolf or Potemkine

Thanks Ian! The other one on the list I found difficult was Bringolf's debut, four really long songs, quite a bit of noodling but again I just listen and marvel at compositions like this.
Bondage Fruit I like it!
I'm surprised at the musicians who play on multiple discs from this poll, a lot of crossover. The first time I heard of drummer Jeand'heur was on that Thollot record. He would play on Amygdala's second album and of course is in One Shot.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 21:34
Originally posted by suitkees suitkees wrote:

Only heard three of these, of which I prefer Laurent Thibault...

Laurent the original bass player for Magma before becoming a studio guy. He does add some bass here but leaves most of that for Francis Moze. David Rose on violin and how about Amanda Parsons on the opener, she can sing.

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2023 at 22:58
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

That Noa record is a tough nut for me to crack with the female soprano vocals and free jazz sound at times but man just so impressed. Normally I'd be running the other way but it works strangely enough. What a creepy album cover.
I've loved it since the first time I heard it. The arrangements, to my ears are some of the most wonderful in all of progressive music. Mystical, eerie, surreal and uncanny. If someone with the vocal skills of Pascale Son* sung on the album, I'm sure Noa would have gotten my vote. 

*While I do enjoy Claudie Nicolas' singing, Pascale could easily match - and even surpass the instrumentalists in Cos. 
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2023 at 09:12
First vote for Noa.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
telefunk View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telefunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2023 at 11:57
None of those are of any interest exczept  the founding father.
 Post Reply Post Reply