FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Radical Face Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Megistus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megistus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radical Face Thoughts
    Posted: February 10 2023 at 20:21
Well, I'm new here so don't exactly feel "qualified"... but this is good stuff! Had kind of a Beck vibe going on I thought...

I've only listened to that one EP, but... Definitely has a well-developed and interesting concept. As for musical complexity and "superior" musicianship -- if they are considered hallmarks of true progressive music -- maybe not so much, but the production and composition is highly creative. Maybe Progressive/Crossover would work? I for one think it deserves a place here.

Edited by Megistus - February 10 2023 at 20:24
Xeroth View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xeroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2023 at 10:49
Before I try and suggest an artist to PA, I wanted to reach out about peoples thoughts on Radical Face as a progressive (folk?) group.

Radical Face is a contemplative alternative led mostly by Ben Cooper and has released 4 official LPs with various EP's. Cooper explores music and bends genres and breaks many conventions. This is evidenced in his Family Tree trilogy supported by the b*****ds EPs. I also like to point out the Sunn, Moonn, Eclippse EP which is quite amazing.

What are your thoughts? Progressive, regular alternative but creative, worth putting a submission up?
I once was cool, but now I'm cold. Can you please turn up the heat.
 Post Reply Post Reply