Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bo Hansson is to be appreciated - the prog heremit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bo Hansson is to be appreciated - the prog heremit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bo Hansson is to be appreciated - the prog heremit
    Posted: February 11 2023 at 12:47
Bo Hansson is to me in the world of prog, a rare kind of uniqueness. Its the Bo Hansson school, hes like a worlsmd ontu himself - an indipendent, self suficiant powerstation. Hes comand on the psychadelic and explorative take on the high fantasy theme score, is highly evocative and paints a picture with a unique palette that is both poetic and picturesque. Out of Sweden this hemule, made ontu himself a clade in swedish prog - that is completly his, and is one of the Original Greats of continental prog rock (even though Scandinavia is not regarded continental), hes a cultural integral scandinav a HC Andersen of prog.

Are you a fan of this wonderfull swedish sound smith.

Edited by Icarium - February 11 2023 at 13:56
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2023 at 13:45
I'm a fan, Hanson is the missing link between prog rock and exotica. Jimi Hendrix was a fan of his too and often performed one of his songs, "Tax Free".
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2023 at 14:12
^ there is even some jazz fusion on   Magicians Hat, i can hear what you mean by exotica. Sounds very original and hot.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2023 at 15:01
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

I'm a fan, Hanson is the missing link between prog rock and exotica. Jimi Hendrix was a fan of his too and often performed one of his songs, "Tax Free".

I like how you put that.

Hansson was that guy who didn't march to anyone else's beat, and fit right in the prog stew of the early '70s .

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2023 at 15:10
Mahogany Frog is a current band that falls between psych, prog and exotica. But they have a much bigger sound than Bo, who always had a chamber music sound.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2023 at 15:13
When I think exotica I think of Korla Pandit .

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2023 at 15:31

Bo Hansson  (S)  -  Sagan om Ringen   (1970)   Thumbs Up
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2023 at 15:32
^ I slightly prefer The Magicians Hat

Edited by Atavachron - February 11 2023 at 16:01
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2023 at 15:58
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

When I think exotica I think of Korla Pandit .

Post Reply Post Reply