Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yes - Mirror to the Sky (New Album)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yes - Mirror to the Sky (New Album)
    Posted: March 07 2023 at 16:57
Jan Schellen on Drums, May 19th 2023

Tracklist:
1. "Cut from the Stars" (5:25)
2. "All Connected" (9:02)
3. "Luminosity" (9:04)
4. "Living Out Their Dream" (4:45)
5. "Mirror to the Sky" (13:53)
6. "Circles of Time" (4:59)

Bonus disc:
1. "Unknown Place" (8:15)
2. "One Second is Enough" (4:04)
3. "Magic Potion" (4:08)

Source: http://www.mellotronweb.com.ar/
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2023 at 20:47
I hate to admit I’m not very excited for another Yes album. I just hope they prove me wrong.
Rottenprogger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rottenprogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2023 at 21:00
Roger Dean never fails to deliver amazing artwork for his YES covers and this one is no different. 

It's too bad the music won't match the virtuosity of that cover. 

I recently watched the YES (ft. Anderson, Wakeman and Rabin) 50th Anniversary concert from 2018 and it's a real shame that lineup never put out an album because they were incredible live. 
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 01:32
No disrespect intended to Alan White who is one of my all time favourite drummers (RIP) but I do think a new man behind the drum kit could help a lot. One of the things that made that Anderson, Wakeman, Rabin thing so good was the powerful energetic drumming.
Stressed Cheese View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Stressed Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 04:16
It's always surreal to see a band go on for so long that there are more albums that nobody will remember than albums from their classic period. And I think Yes are pretty much reaching that threshold. If people are still willing to buy/listen, all the more power to them (hell, I'm not trying to be a hater), but it always makes me wonder how they see their own history, seeing as they have like 10-15 years of prime Yes and then like 40 years of albums that nobody really cares about.

Also, I was going to comment on how it's kind of funny how they just have the most typical, expected Roger Dean covers for their albums these days, but this one does look pretty damn nice, not gonna lie.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 05:15
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

I hate to admit I’m not very excited for another Yes album. I just hope they prove me wrong.
Ditto !
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 05:16
Originally posted by Rottenprogger Rottenprogger wrote:

Roger Dean never fails to deliver amazing artwork for his YES covers and this one is no different. 

I recently watched the YES (ft. Anderson, Wakeman and Rabin) 50th Anniversary concert from 2018 and it's a real shame that lineup never put out an album because they were incredible live. 
It will probably turn out to be the best thing about this album sadly enough.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 05:18
Oh, and by the way...Who exactly IS yes now ??
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 05:44
Steve Howe, Geoff Downes, Billy Sherwood, Jon Davison, & Jan Schellen
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 05:51
So, Steve Howe then.

We're quickly approaching The ship of Theseus paradox.

Edited by JD - March 08 2023 at 05:53
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 06:10
When Jon and Rick jumped off the ship, many voices said it was no longer Yes, but then came Drama, and I like it. It's the music what matters IMO.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 06:45
A summary of post-Squire YES:

Great album covers

Nauseatingly boring music

The End

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 06:47

I've got to say I don't like that cover, I think it's the worst Dean one I've seen. Let's hope the music is better than the previous two and there are no awful songs about The Beatles.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 09:01
I don't like the cover either, I know its a new Dean painting but it looks like a cut and paste pastiche of Roger Dean rock formation, a generic starry sky, slap on a man and a logo.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 10:30
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

A summary of post-Squire YES:

Great album covers

Nauseatingly boring music

The End

"YES! YES!"

They should hang it up.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 11:03
This is very exciting news! Let's just hope it lives up to the high standards set by The Quest, although I'll be disappointed if it doesn't include a Beatles tribute. Big smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - March 08 2023 at 11:04
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 11:09
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

This is very exciting news! Let's just hope it lives up to the high standards set by The Quest, although I'll be disappointed if it doesn't include a Beatles tribute. Big smile

I just knew you'd say that. LOL
AJ Junior View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 13:16

Unfortunately true. 
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 14:04
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

So, Steve Howe then.

or, "I've had this broom for over 30 years now... it's had 8 new heads and 5 new handles" LOL

I looked at the length of the tracks and thought.. Big smile

then I looked at the line-up and thought.. Ermm

then I considered that 'Fly From Here' is considered their strongest post JA album and thought... Ouch

then I came to the conclusion that Yes were finally done after 'Magnification'... Approve
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 14:53
Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

So, Steve Howe then.

or, "I've had this broom for over 30 years now... it's had 8 new heads and 5 new handlesLOL

"Trig. Why do you call me Dave?

Because it's your name, innit?

Nah. It's Rodney.

Oh. Okay. See you later then Dave!"

Ah, happy days, and certainly far more culturally satisfying than anything this lineup of Yes will ever produce (he says speaking with a completely open mind!LOL)
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>