Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Camel cancel 2023 tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camel cancel 2023 tour
    Posted: March 14 2023 at 14:40
This was just posted on the Camelproductions.com website:

CAMEL TOUR 2023

It is with great sadness and regret that Camel Productions must announce the cancellation of Camel's 2023 tour.  Shortly after rehearsals, Andrew Latimer became troubled by a sharp pain in his lower back that advanced into his leg and foot.  He was sent for diagnostic tests which quickly revealed a severe condition that requires urgent surgery.  Recovery time is uncertain and it is this uncertainty that prevents us looking at other options such as postponement.  However recovery is suggested to take 8-12 weeks minimum so there is no possibility of Andrew continuing with the tour.  And without Andrew, there can be no tour so cancellation is unavoidable.  

We know this news will be immensely upsetting to fans as it is to the band.  We are all so grateful for the support of fans who purchased tickets and particularly appreciative of the many emails from fans near and afar who shared their excitement.  Throughout his career, Andrew Latimer has had numerous physical challenges on tours and has always overcome them.  Camel look to the future for another opportunity to write The Final Chapter.

I had tickets for Stockholm for the very first Camel gig in my 20 years of listening to them Cry Hopefully Andy recovers and can get back to the stage in time.
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2023 at 15:49
Very sad! All the best wishes to Andrew!
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2023 at 16:37
Sad news, hope Andy will recover quickly
Rottenprogger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottenprogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2023 at 20:43
Oh damn. I hope Andy beats this and comes back better than ever. 

Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2023 at 00:57
Damn, I already had my ticket for the concert in Barcelona on May 1st.
I wish Andy a good and speedy recovery.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 05:46
Sad news indeed. I hope Andy makes a full recovery.

earlyprog View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Neo / PSIKE / Heavy Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlyprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 13:13
sh*te, had the ticket for my first CAMEL close-encounter-of-the-third-kind in Copenhagen!
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 13:17
Sad news... I had been seriously thinking about the Bham Symph Hall in June, but hadn't booked anything.

I hope Andy makes a swift and full recovery...
Progfan1958 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progfan1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 17:42
This is regrettable news, but best wishes to Andy for a successful surgery and a comfortable convalescence.
Progfan1958
"Peace to you all"
"La paix est avec vous"
"Pax vobiscum"
"Al salaam a'alaykum"
"Vrede zij met u allen"
"Shalom aleichem"
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2023 at 08:20
Bad news. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with his past bone marrow issues
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2023 at 10:21
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

Bad news. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with his past bone marrow issues

It doesn't. He has had a successful procedure and will make a full recovery, although it is not known as yet whether he will be able to tour.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
 Post Reply Post Reply