Site rules and guidelines
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin & Moderator
Joined: February 21 2004
Online Status: Offline
Topic: Site rules and guidelines
Posted: October 14 2005 at 14:29
Site Rules (Updated - October 2005)
Please read these rules carefully.
By participating in the forum, you are indicating your acceptance of them, and undertaking to abide by them.
1. No Vulgarity profanity, or bigotry
2. No Personal attacks (flaming or trolling)
3. No Pornography or offensive images
4. No Sniping
5. No Illegal activities
Those are the 5 simple rules we ask everyone to observe, in both the forum and the reviews section. Here are some more details of what each one means:
1. No Vulgarity, profanity or bigotry. We ask all members to refrain from using "foul language." Profanity - the deliberate denigration of another person's belief, will not be tolerated. Our membership is global, and thus represents a host of spiritual and religious beliefs. Given this, profanity is tantamount to personal attack (see next entry). Likewise, there is no place in this forum for bigotry (this includes religious bigotry, racism, and sexual discrimination) which are also considered to be personal attacks.
Note that this rule extends to forum names too. You should ensure that your chosen forum name is not likely to cause offense to other members.
2. No Personal attacks (flaming or trolling). Keep it civil, show respect at all times for your fellow members. Disagreement, debate, even "heated" discussion is fine (though emoticons should be used to "soften" the effect of words). However, personally directed insults, denigration, etc. will not be tolerated, and will be grounds for warning and, if not stopped immediately, ejection. This applies equally to forum posts AND private messages. "Group-directed" insults and denigration (e.g., racism, sexism, ageism, etc.) also fall under this category, any such behavior will be taken on a case by case basis. Any member who engages in continuous baiting, borderline insults, or other continuously "aggressive" behaviour will be warned. Any member found to be using concurrent multiple personae (more than one profile at the same time) will be ejected from the site.
3. No Pornography or offensive images. The site is used by people of all ages. It is multi-cultural, with both male and female participants. Please keep in mind that pornography could get the site shut down. Any pornographic or offensive images (including photographs, cartoons etc.), posted on the site will be removed, and the member will be warned.
4. No Sniping. If you feel that someone has (i) baited or personally attacked you through the behaviours described in 1 or 2 above (whether in a thread or in a PM), do not engage that member in that thread, or reply to the PM. Instead, immediately send a PM to a forum moderator with details of (i) which member and (ii) which thread (please give the name of the thread, not the link) - or, if a PM, copy and paste in the text of the offending PM. The moderator will then determine what action needs to be taken (if any) and will reply to you. The moderators will try to reply to such incidents within 24 hours. In the meantime, please ignore that member and do not engage them in any way.
5. No Illegal activities. Posts and threads promoting or facilitating file swapping, drug abuse, or any other forum of illegal activity are not permitted. Any such posts will be deleted, and the member warned.
Other hints for making your time on the forum rewarding
Your attention is especially drawn to the fact that you are personally responsible for your posts. If you say anything in your post which breaks the law, you may be personally liable. We are not in a position to offer legal advice, but bear in mind that this is an international site, and the what is legal in one country, may not be in another.
Other useful threads:
Reporting inappropriate reviews http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28343
Guidance on creating new threads http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13082
Reviews guidelines http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13152
To send a PM to a moderator click on their name below:
Jim Garten (Jim)
Edited by Angelo - October 29 2010 at 15:49
The Ultimate Progressive Rock Music Discography, Reviews database and Forum.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum