Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metallica vs. Dream Theater

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which band do you like more?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [27.27%]
22 [50.00%]
1 [2.27%]
6 [13.64%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [6.82%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metallica vs. Dream Theater
    Posted: May 11 2023 at 10:33
One of them is the most popular metal band.

Whilst,

The other one is the most popular prog metal band.

And.

This is a prog site forum.

So, Dream Theater is gonna win!

Or will they?..

Cool
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 10:35
Dream Theater 
bardberic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bardberic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 10:39
Okay first of all Metallica all the f**king way.

Secondly, the last five options you have on this poll are cringe - I'm sorry. Just....ugh.

While I can tolerate Ulrich's mediocre drumming, Labrie has me wincing - I can't stand his voice. That's the reason I heavily dislike Dream Theatre, yet I very much like Liquid Tension Experiment.

Also St. Anger is highly underrated. It's actually work good for what it were supposed to be, if you can tolerate Hetfield's fake mental breakdown during some of the songs lmao
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 10:43
Another Day, another poll. I would've voted for the most popular metal band if they'd been in the poll, but up against Metallica, it's an easy win for Dream Theater. Wink

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 10:46
I'm not sure whether to vote Neither for I like neither band more or Both for I like both bands more. But seriously, while not exactly a fan, I'm going with Metallica for "The House that Jack Built" over Dream Theater's "The Ytse Jam" (I half expect Mike Portnoy to explode during the performance). Both of those songs remind me of Spinal Tap, and I love Spinal Tap.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 10:49
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I'm not sure whether to vote Neither for I like neither band more or Both for I like both bands more. But seriously, while not exactly a fan, I'm going with Metallica for "The House that Jack Built" over Dream Theater's "The Ytse Jam" (I half expect Mike Portnoy to explode during the performance). Both of those songs remind me of Spinal Tap, and I love Spinal Tap.

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 10:50
"The last 4 options above are unacceptable."
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 10:51
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I would've voted for the most popular metal band if they'd been in the poll, but up against Metallica, it's an easy win for Dream Theater. Wink

What metal band do you think is the most popular? Though, I have to say that you'll be wrong with your prospective answer to that. Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 10:52
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

I agree! LOL
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 10:59
Originally posted by Archisorcerus Archisorcerus wrote:

I would've voted for the most popular metal band if they'd been in the poll, but up against Metallica, it's an easy win for Dream Theater. Wink

What metal band do you think is the most popular? Though, I have to say that you'll be wrong with your prospective answer to that. Wink

I would've voted for Black Sabbath in preference over Dream Theater, even though that's "the wrong answer." Wink

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - May 11 2023 at 11:00
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 12:17
^ Even most of the people with virtually zero knowledge about rock and metal music have at least heard of Metallica; for instance my parents. There is even a funny thing here that people say, "Metalikacı mısın?", which literally means, "Are you a Metallica head?" (They mean, metal head but think that Metallica is a type of music, lol.)

And now, there is the series The Stranger Things, and Metallica have released a brand new album. Add these to that.

If you really think that Black Sabbath is more popular than Metallica, you are dead wrong. Wink
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 15:22
None. I'm not much of a fan of either band. I just like a few of their songs, here and there. They are both good bands, but don't really fit to my taste in music.
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 15:38
Originally posted by Archisorcerus Archisorcerus wrote:

Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

I agree! LOL
Excellent poll choice LOL, yet I shall vote DT. 
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 15:44

Another Day, another poll. I would've voted for the most popular metal band if they'd been in the poll, but up against Metallica, it's an easy win for Dream Theater. Wink

Dream Theater I like it ^^^^^^
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 16:57

I like Master of Puppets but no DT albums, so I guess, Metallica.
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
VianaProghead View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VianaProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 02:36
Dream Theater. Of course they will. Besides, I'm not a great fan of Metallica and the last 4 options above are unacceptable.
"PROG IS MY FERRARI".
Jem Godfrey (Frost*)
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 05:26
DT gets the nod.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 06:04
DT
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 14:20
DT, but Metallica had a great run of albums in their early days….
Heaven is waiting but waiting is Hell
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 19:19
Dream Theater all the way.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>