Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yes "Mirror To The Sky" Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yes "Mirror To The Sky" Review
    Posted: May 11 2023 at 10:57
The Prog Corner
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 15:17
I certainly hope is as good as you say.
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2023 at 17:04
Thanks for your vivid description, very enjoyable!
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 07:15
saw this I think the guy is looking for attention or related to the bass player lol😝
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 07:49
Here's the perfect review from RYM

Fake Yes
Jon Davison, Geoff Downes, Steve Howe, Jay Schellen, Billy Sherwood.
This group is Not Yes. They should not use the name.
They are tarnishing the legacy of Yes.

RYM Rating 1.51 / 5.0 from 23 rating

An ABYSMAL FAILURE

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 10:34
Man, is that guy ANNOYING!!  I'd rather hear Daily Doug review the album! 

I agree with Silly Puppy (sic), this band ain't Yes.  Jon Anderson performs Yes's music all the time, but he doesn't claim to be Yes.  If anyone has a claim to the band's name and legacy, he has. 

There are much better tribute bands out there than Howe's version.  Oh well, I'm not spending money on it.
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mathman0806 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 11:16
Some band featuring Steve Howe on guitar.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 11:20
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

Some band featuring Steve Howe on guitar.

Asia? GTR? LOL
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 11:37
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

saw this I think the guy is looking for attention ...

Well, looking for attention is what posting things - on forums, social media or other platforms - is all about, no?
I always like the communicative enthusiasm that Miamiscot puts in his reviews, but I'm not always on the same page regarding appreciation of albums or songs, but that is just about different preferences...
At least, this review incites me to listen to this album, once it's out, although I don't have high expectations.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 11:40
I don't trust that big smile. What is there to smile about when reviewing 2023 Yes? LOL
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 11:46
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Here's the perfect review from RYM

Fake Yes
Jon Davison, Geoff Downes, Steve Howe, Jay Schellen, Billy Sherwood.
This group is Not Yes. They should not use the name.
They are tarnishing the legacy of Yes.

RYM Rating 1.51 / 5.0 from 23 rating

An ABYSMAL FAILURE

Hi,

I was wondering if these folks were using steroids in their blarney ... it was ridiculous and I turned it off at about 5 minutes! Never seen anything so bad and so ridiculous. If I was a part of that band/group, I would request that the review be taken down immediately.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 11:49
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

Miami Scot, I Love your passionate enthusiasm for the most exciting album release of the year! Yes, Mirror to the Sky has more than lived up to my expectations after hearing the brand new Cut from the Stars of Symphonic Prog. I can tell you that One Second is Enough time for me to decide I'm going to rush out and buy this album upon its release. It's good to know Steve Howe & co. are still able to come up with the goods by sprinkling some Magic Potion on their latest offering and Living Out Their Dream by continuing to make wonderful music together. It's also good to remember Chris Squire, Alan White & Peter Banks who are no longer with us, but are shining with Luminosity in an Unknown Place somewhere up there in the heavens. They'll be forever remembered as Prog Gods through the Circles of Time as we're All Connected here by our Love and passion for music. Heart Thumbs Up Clap Hug
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 13:04
Scott is a born optimist.  My husband has an optimistic, manic personality like Scott.  Although, this personality type can wear me out...I find them to be more trustworthy and reality oriented than other personalities. (Reality  oriented when it comes to sercious life/survival reality...not movies, novels, poetry, or music)  I'll wager Scott separates political/bill-paying everyday life from art.  The Enneagram Personality Typing System would categorize Scott as a Seven with a Six wing.  (There are 18 Enneagram subtypes) 

• Enneagram type seven with wing six (7/6) personalities are enthusiastic, multi-tasking, and adventurous in their behavior. They enjoy pursuing new experiences. They live in a state of permanent hypo-mania.  Not manic as in bi-polar manic, but hypo-manic. 7/6's have a deep-rooted fear of missing out. They want to be trustworthy and honor commitments, but they also want to leave room to allow for last-minute opportunities. Their sin is gluttony of experience.  Seven sixes fear permanency.  For example: Most do not embrace tattoos.  Seven sixes avoid management positions, however they'll take charge of a group in a serious chaos emergency....then quickly abdicate authority after the emergency passes.  They are extremely creative at the beginning of a project, but tend to get bored toward the end of an extended project.  They prefer to move on to the next big thing. Yet, they're loyal friends. They're not into ceremony. They avoid boring work at all costs. 
  • They justify the actions of others to avoid being upset.  They value happiness and optimism. They seek satisfaction and gratification. They pursue relationships with others. They are the "Entertainer and Jester".  
  • Famous 7/6's: Robin Williams, Jim Carrey, Freddie Mercury, Carrol Burnett, Cameron Diaz, Mozart, John Belushi,  and Joan Rivers. 

Edited by omphaloskepsis - May 12 2023 at 13:33
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 13:30
^ I strive to be a seven with a six wing too and I don't like tattoos (or piercings) either. Wink

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - May 12 2023 at 13:34
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 13:32
It's a perfectly fine review, that's all it is....a review of an album. Albeit by a self proclaimed Yes fanatic, so naturally there will be a bias.
I like Scot's videos, I watch all of them, subscribed to his channel. It's a rather fresh look at prog over all.....sure he has too much caffeine before recording but hey, we all have faults LOL.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 14:48
I love Scott’s enthusiasm. 😁. It’s not an album I will be buying because what I heard of it sucks, but I love Scott’s positivity. 😏. I have enjoyed Scott’s vids, like Ian’s audio ones a lot, and I would rather listen to PresDoug’s video than that other Doug. And of course Nickie’s corner. A panel of those for a podcast might be interesting due to the very different styles. Nothing against DailyDoug who is very good, but I care more about members of our community.

By the way, I took a short test and that site says this about me:

based on your responses, your likely Enneagram instinctual variant stacking or preference is: sp/sx

That means:
Your primary Enneagram instinct is most likely self-preservation.
Your secondary Enneagram instinct is most likely sexual or intimate.
Your tertiary or last Enneagram instinct is most likely social.

Edited by Logan - May 12 2023 at 14:53
Just a fanboy passin' through.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 15:12
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I love Scott’s enthusiasm. 😁. It’s not an album I will be buying because what I heard of it sucks, but I love Scott’s positivity. 😏. I have enjoyed Scott’s vids, like Ian’s audio ones a lot, and I would rather listen to PresDoug’s video than that other Doug. And of course Nickie’s corner. A panel of those for a podcast might be interesting due to the very different styles. Nothing against DailyDoug who is very good, but I care more about members of our community.

based on your responses, your likely Enneagram instinctual variant stacking or preference is: sp/sx

That means:

I'm curious what main Enneagram type you are.  Instinctual variant stacking comes into play in conjunction with main personality type.  Your main personality would be numbered from 1 to 9.  Then you test for you wing.  For example. If seven was your main type....You would have either a six or eight wing.  I explained a seven with a six wing.  A seven with an eight wing would be more like James Bond, Quentin Tarantino,  JFK, Steve Jobs, and Jack Nicholson. Wink
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 15:18
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

There are much better tribute bands out there than Howe's version.  Oh well, I'm not spending money on it.

Some of us have to review the bloody thing! OuchLOL
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 16:17
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

That means:

I'm curious what main Enneagram type you are.  Instinctual variant stacking comes into play in conjunction with main personality type.  Your main personality would be numbered from 1 to 9.  Then you test for you wing.  For example. If seven was your main type....You would have either a six or eight wing.  I explained a seven with a six wing.  A seven with an eight wing would be more like James Bond, Quentin Tarantino,  JFK, Steve Jobs, and Jack Nicholson. Wink

I think I took an online test that measured that at one time, but to be honest, the only Enneagram I've ever been very interested in is Egg's.

Just a fanboy passin' through.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2023 at 16:30
Have no clue what all that is.....this is as close to that word I can get....Clap LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>