Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite guest appearance on a prog album?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2023 at 10:08
Originally posted by mellotronwave mellotronwave wrote:

PFM and Peter Hammill : The sea of memory ( live in Japan 2002)
Amorphous Androgynous & Peter Hammill : We persuade ourselves we are immortal (2020)

Well, pretty much anything with Peter Hammill, and there is quite a lot. The following list is from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Hammill_discography#Guest_appearances:

• Colin Scot, Colin Scot (1971) – provided backing vocals on several tracks
  • Le OrmeFelona and Sorona (1974) – wrote English language lyrics for the Charisma Records UK release of the Italian album Felona e Sorona (1973)
  • Robert FrippExposure (June 1979) – co-wrote and sang lead vocals on "Disengage", sang lead vocals on "Chicago", and duetted with Terre Roche on "I May Not Have Had Enough of Me but I've Had Enough of You"
  • LudusThe Visit (1980, 12 inch) – provided "attention and advice"
  • Peter GabrielSecurity (September 1982) – sang backing vocals on "The Family and the Fishing Net", "Shock the Monkey" and "Lay Your Hands on me"
  • Georgia II, The Flag / Tunnel Vision (1982, 7 inch and 12 inch) – sang backing vocals and played guitar
  • The Long Hello, The Long Hello Volume 3 (David Jackson) (1982) – played organ solo and keyboard sounds on "The Honing of Homer"
  • Miguel BoséBandido (1984) – wrote the lyrics of "South of the Sahara" and "Domine Mundi"
  • Islo Mob, Wir Sind das Abenland (1985) – sang backing vocals
  • Damian Hawkyard, Ill at Ease (1986, EP) – sang backing vocals on one track
  • AyuoNova Carmina (1986) – sang lead vocals on some tracks
  • Kazue SawaiEye To Eye (1987) – contributed on "A Song To Fallen Blossoms"
  • Herbert GrönemeyerWhat's All This (1988) – wrote the English lyrics
  • Crazy House, Still Looking For Heaven On Earth (1988) – played piano on "Feel That Way"
  • AliceIl sole nella pioggia (1989) – co-wrote and sang on "Now and Forever"
  • Nic PotterThe Blue Zone (1990) – played guitar on "Ocean Blue"
  • Judge SmithDemocrazy (1991) – co-wrote and played on various songs
  • Peter Gabriel, Us (September 1992) – sang backing vocals on "Digging in the Dirt"
  • Christian Demand, Kleine Fluchten (1993) – sang and played midi-guitar
  • The StranglersThe Stranglers and Friends – Live in Concert (1995) – sang on "Tank" and "The Raven"
  • Ayuo, Songs from a Eurasian Journey (1997) – sang lead vocals on several tracks
  • Saro Cosentino, Ones And Zeros (1997) – co-wrote and sang on "Phosphorescence" and "From Far Away"
  • David CrossExiles (1997) – sang lead vocals on "Tonk" and "Troppo"
  • MoondogSax Pax for a Sax (November 1997) – sang backing vocals
  • Wolfram Huschke, Alien Diary (1998) – sang lead vocals on "Black Rose"
  • Pale Orchestra conducted by David ThomasMirror Man Act 1: Jack & The General (1998) – played harmonium, guitar and keyboards
  • Alice, Exit (1998) – wrote the lyrics of "Open Your Eyes"
  • Various Artists, Hommage to Polnareff (1999) – sang lead vocals on "Jour Après Jour"
  • Jackie LevenDefending Ancient Springs (2000) – played harmonium, guitar and keyboard on "Murbid Sky"
  • Judge Smith, Curly's Airships (October 2000) – performed the part of Lord Thomson
  • Ayuo, Earth Guitar – 1000 Springs And Other Stories (2000) – sang the gothic choir and did poetry reading
  • Premiata Forneria MarconiPFM Live in Japan 2002 (2002) – sang lead vocals on "Sea of Memory"
  • David RhodesBittersweet (2009) – sang backing vocals
  • Memories of MachinesWarm Winter (May 2011) – played guitar
  • Tim BownessStupid Things That Mean the World (July 2015) – backing vocals and slide guitar
  • Notopia, Celebrating Life (November 2017) – lead vocals on "Celebrate" and "Connect"
  • Tim Bowness, Flowers at the Scene (March 2019) – vocals, guitar on "It's the World"; vocals on "Killing to Survive"
  • Tim Bowness & Peter Chilvers, Modern Ruins (May 2020) – stealth guitar on "Blog Remember Me"
  • Jakko JakszykSecrets & Lies (October 2020) – vocals, guitar and co-wrote one song
  • The Amorphous AndrogynousWe Persuade Ourselves We Are Immortal (2020) – co-writer; lead vocals
  • Lush Fresh Handmade Sound, Tales of Bath (19 March 2021) – vocals on Track 6 "The Cutty Wren"; voice on Track 10 "In a Bath Teashop"
  • Tim Bowness, Butterfly Mind (2022) – vocals, guitar on "Say Your Goodbyes", "We Feel"
  • Saro Cosentino, The Road To Now (2022) – vocals, guitar on "The Joke", "November", "Time to Go", "When Your Parents Danced"
No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2023 at 10:23
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Blue Oyster Cult - Frankenstein, featuring Joey Cerisano  - the finest rock singer in the world who no one's ever heard of. Geek

Hear! Hear! Clap
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2023 at 10:30
Here's a rare one!

Tangerine Dream's Christoph(er) Franke played keyboards on "Icon" from Mark Shreeve's amazing 1985 solo album Legion.

(That is NOT the cover of the album, but it's the only upload on YouTube.)

mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2023 at 11:09
Originally posted by I prophesy disaster I prophesy disaster wrote:

Amorphous Androgynous & Peter Hammill : We persuade ourselves we are immortal (2020)

Well, pretty much anything with Peter Hammill, and there is quite a lot. The following list is from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Hammill_discography#Guest_appearances:

<ul style="list-style-: "/w/skins/Vector/resources/common/s/bullet-icon.svg?d4515"; margin: 0.3em 0px 0px 1.6em; padding: 0px; color: rgb32, 33, 34; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"><li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Colin Scot, Colin Scot (1971) – provided backing vocals on several tracks<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Le OrmeFelona and Sorona (1974) – wrote English language lyrics for the Charisma Records UK release of the Italian album Felona e Sorona (1973)<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Robert FrippExposure (June 1979) – co-wrote and sang lead vocals on "Disengage", sang lead vocals on "Chicago", and duetted with Terre Roche on "I May Not Have Had Enough of Me but I've Had Enough of You"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">LudusThe Visit (1980, 12 inch) – provided "attention and advice"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Peter GabrielSecurity (September 1982) – sang backing vocals on "The Family and the Fishing Net", "Shock the Monkey" and "Lay Your Hands on me"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Georgia II, The Flag / Tunnel Vision (1982, 7 inch and 12 inch) – sang backing vocals and played guitar<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">The Long Hello, The Long Hello Volume 3 (David Jackson) (1982) – played organ solo and keyboard sounds on "The Honing of Homer"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Miguel BoséBandido (1984) – wrote the lyrics of "South of the Sahara" and "Domine Mundi"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Islo Mob, Wir Sind das Abenland (1985) – sang backing vocals<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Damian Hawkyard, Ill at Ease (1986, EP) – sang backing vocals on one track<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">AyuoNova Carmina (1986) – sang lead vocals on some tracks<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Kazue SawaiEye To Eye (1987) – contributed on "A Song To Fallen Blossoms"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Herbert GrönemeyerWhat's All This (1988) – wrote the English lyrics<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Crazy House, Still Looking For Heaven On Earth (1988) – played piano on "Feel That Way"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">AliceIl sole nella pioggia (1989) – co-wrote and sang on "Now and Forever"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Nic PotterThe Blue Zone (1990) – played guitar on "Ocean Blue"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Judge SmithDemocrazy (1991) – co-wrote and played on various songs<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Peter Gabriel, Us (September 1992) – sang backing vocals on "Digging in the Dirt"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Christian Demand, Kleine Fluchten (1993) – sang and played midi-guitar<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">The StranglersThe Stranglers and Friends – Live in Concert (1995) – sang on "Tank" and "The Raven"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Ayuo, Songs from a Eurasian Journey (1997) – sang lead vocals on several tracks<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Saro Cosentino, Ones And Zeros (1997) – co-wrote and sang on "Phosphorescence" and "From Far Away"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">David CrossExiles (1997) – sang lead vocals on "Tonk" and "Troppo"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">MoondogSax Pax for a Sax (November 1997) – sang backing vocals<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Wolfram Huschke, Alien Diary (1998) – sang lead vocals on "Black Rose"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Pale Orchestra conducted by David ThomasMirror Man Act 1: Jack & The General (1998) – played harmonium, guitar and keyboards<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Alice, Exit (1998) – wrote the lyrics of "Open Your Eyes"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Various Artists, Hommage to Polnareff (1999) – sang lead vocals on "Jour Après Jour"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Jackie LevenDefending Ancient Springs (2000) – played harmonium, guitar and keyboard on "Murbid Sky"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Judge Smith, Curly's Airships (October 2000) – performed the part of Lord Thomson<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Ayuo, Earth Guitar – 1000 Springs And Other Stories (2000) – sang the gothic choir and did poetry reading<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Premiata Forneria MarconiPFM Live in Japan 2002 (2002) – sang lead vocals on "Sea of Memory"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">David RhodesBittersweet (2009) – sang backing vocals<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Memories of MachinesWarm Winter (May 2011) – played guitar<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Tim BownessStupid Things That Mean the World (July 2015) – backing vocals and slide guitar<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Notopia, Celebrating Life (November 2017) – lead vocals on "Celebrate" and "Connect"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Tim Bowness, Flowers at the Scene (March 2019) – vocals, guitar on "It's the World"; vocals on "Killing to Survive"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Tim Bowness & Peter Chilvers, Modern Ruins (May 2020) – stealth guitar on "Blog Remember Me"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Jakko JakszykSecrets & Lies (October 2020) – vocals, guitar and co-wrote one song<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">The Amorphous AndrogynousWe Persuade Ourselves We Are Immortal (2020) – co-writer; lead vocals<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Lush Fresh Handmade Sound, Tales of Bath (19 March 2021) – vocals on Track 6 "The Cutty Wren"; voice on Track 10 "In a Bath Teashop"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Tim Bowness, Butterfly Mind (2022) – vocals, guitar on "Say Your Goodbyes", "We Feel"<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em;">Saro Cosentino, The Road To Now (2022) – vocals, guitar on "The Joke", "November", "Time to Go", "When Your Parents Danced"

two more recent collaborations with Isildur's Bane :
In desequilibrium in 2021
In Amazonia in 2019

Edited by mellotronwave - May 17 2023 at 11:10
Jacob Schoolcraft View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob Schoolcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2023 at 12:25
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

The late, great John Tout on Wishbone Ash's "Throw Down the Sword" (organ). 

<span style="caret-color: rgb34, 34, 34; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: Raleway, HelveticaNeue, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">Keyboardist and songwriter, died on May 1, 2015 in London, England. John Tout is best known for his role in Renaissance between 1970 and 1980 and again from 2000 to 2002. Prior to joining Renaissance he was briefly a member of Wishbone Ash. He also was part of Renaissance drummer Terry Sullivan's band Renaissant which released one album in 2005.</span>

That's interesting...I did not know that he was briefly a member of Wishbone Ash. That's an interesting connection and thanks for posting this!
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2023 at 13:15
I love Fripp's guitar in David Bowie's Teenage Wildlife (Scary Monsters album).

Also, Paul Gilbert's guitar in Neal Morse's Sola Scriptura.

Edited by Gerinski - May 17 2023 at 13:18
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2023 at 15:37

• Colin Scot, Colin Scot (1971) – provided backing vocals on several tracks

That Colin Scot lp has a whole plethora of Prog greats guesting on it, some credited, some not. Including, Rick Wakeman, Jon Anderson, Robert Fripp, various members of VDGG, members of Brinsley Schwartz, Peter Gabriel, Jane Relf, Steve Gadd (Rare Bird), Phil Collins, Annie Haslam.. Pretty amazing list to support an otherwise pretty much unknown singer-songwriter.

Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2023 at 16:56
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

David Longdon (from the Big Big Train station in Nottingham) guesting on Steve Hackett's Spectral Mornings with Welsh songstress Christina Booth & Magenta. 

Magnificent! Clap

The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2023 at 22:46
An interesting guest appearance was Jimmy Jackson, an American keyboard player who played the bizarre "choir organ" on Amon Duul ii "Wolf City!"  Jackson was apparently the only person alive who could play the choir-organ! 

Fascinating reading for fans of Kraut Rock! 

Lemmings did, however, introduce a couple of important new players to the group's complex sound tapestry: Alois Gromer (an old boyfriend of Renate's) on sitar, and an American ex-GI and jazz keyboard player called Jimmy Jackson, whose contribution to Lemmings and the three Amon Duul-related records that followed involved him playing an extraordinary church organ that would become a crucial component in defining the group's sound.

"It was a large, ancient Mellotron-type instrument that had been designed by some crazy instrument builder," Renate explains. "For every key on the keyboard he had made a tape of that note which had been sung by a real choir. It wasn't sampled or anything."

At the time Fricke lend his moog to Amon Düül II for ‘Wolf City’, it was possibly through this connection that Fricke discovered the ‘choir-organ’. As a guestplayer, Jimmy Jackson plays choir-organ and piano on ‘Wolf City’, an album recorded in july 1972. He plays choir organ on the following tracks: "Surrounded By The Stars", "Green-Bubble-Raincoated-Man", "Jail-House Frog" and "Deutsch Nepal".
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2023 at 04:34

two more recent collaborations with Isildur's Bane :
In desequilibrium in 2021
In Amazonia in 2019

Actually, both "In Amazonia" and "In Disequilibrium" are listed in the Peter Hammill discography Wikipedia article under "Studio albums" (with Isildurs Bane). However, these albums are in PA under Isildurs Bane, not Peter Hammill.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2023 at 04:56

An interesting guest appearance was Jimmy Jackson, an American keyboard player who played the bizarre "choir organ" on Amon Duul ii "Wolf City!"  Jackson was apparently the only person alive who could play the choir-organ! 

Fascinating reading for fans of Kraut Rock! 

Lemmings did, however, introduce a couple of important new players to the group's complex sound tapestry: Alois Gromer (an old boyfriend of Renate's) on sitar, and an American ex-GI and jazz keyboard player called Jimmy Jackson, whose contribution to Lemmings and the three Amon Duul-related records that followed involved him playing an extraordinary church organ that would become a crucial component in defining the group's sound.

"It was a large, ancient Mellotron-type instrument that had been designed by some crazy instrument builder," Renate explains. "For every key on the keyboard he had made a tape of that note which had been sung by a real choir. It wasn't sampled or anything."

At the time Fricke lend his moog to Amon Düül II for ‘Wolf City’, it was possibly through this connection that Fricke discovered the ‘choir-organ’. As a guestplayer, Jimmy Jackson plays choir-organ and piano on ‘Wolf City’, an album recorded in july 1972. He plays choir organ on the following tracks: "Surrounded By The Stars", "Green-Bubble-Raincoated-Man", "Jail-House Frog" and "Deutsch Nepal".

Jimmy Jackson also guested on several albums of Embryo, as well as Mal Waldron and Charlie Mariano

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2023 at 05:05
by the way: the musician with the most guest appearances is probably guitar player Sigfried "Sigi" Schwab. he played on over 15000 tracks - classical, jazz, folk and rock. he plays guitar on the Embryo album "Rocksession"

Edited by BaldJean - May 18 2023 at 05:07

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2023 at 09:11
This OP is well pleased with everyone's responses!  Thanks!!  

Bassist John Giblin just passed away, he guested on Jon Anderson's projects "Animation" and "Song of Seven." 

Another interesting guest was former Humble Pie guitarist Clem Clempson, who appeared on Jon Anderson's 
"Animation" album!  I thought Clem's playing on this recording was excellent!!  

– You mentioned Jon Lord, but there’s another Jon you played with: YES’ Jon Anderson. For me, it’s something completely different.

You know, I always had this kind of very raw taste in music, and I can enjoy applying my style to lots different styles of music. I just do what I do – you said earlier yourself that it’s very difficult to pinpoint any specific style or specific influence in my playing, and I worried about that sometimes during my career. I always admired people like Steve Marriott that were really focused on a particular style and just did what they wanted. They seemed to have the calling to do one particular thing, and I kind of envied it. I’ve always liked to learn different styles, so I’ve never had a problem with switching from playing with something more jazz-influenced to something like Jon Anderson.

– Did you get to play with Anderson through Ian Wallace who drummed for THE WARRIORS, where Jon was a singer, and much later with HUMBLE PIE?

No, my connection with Jon Anderson was Ronnie Leahy, the keyboard player in STONE THE CROWS, who’s been a very dear friend of mine since late Seventies – and that’s how I got to know Jack Bruce as well: Ronnie introduced me to Jack – they’re both from Glasgow and had worked together in the line-up which included Mick Taylor. Ronnie was a good friend of Jon Anderson’s and a godfather to one of Jon’s children.

Other guests included:· FEATURING GUEST MUSICIANS SIMON PHILLIPS, CLEM CLEMPSON, DAVID SANCIOUS, CHRIS RAINBOW, JACK BRUCE & DAVE LAWSON

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2023 at 10:23
Rick Wright on The Wall Wink
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2023 at 10:29
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Rick Wright on The Wall Wink

this is rather sad TBH Ermm
Heart of the Matter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heart of the Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2023 at 10:50

Originally posted by Heart of the Matter Heart of the Matter wrote:

Eddie Jobson on Crimson's USA

just for the remix I think

Exactly. According to credits, he plays violin on Larks (terrific performance!) and Schizoid, and piano on Lament.
cemego View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cemego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2023 at 18:57
I was always impressed with the young Whitney Houston singing Robert Wyatt's "Memories" with Bill Laswell's band Material to be pretty awesome.
listen to streaming stuff! no commercials!

http://wmom.servemp3.com:8000/listen.pls
Transguadalupe View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Transguadalupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2023 at 11:54

Artists used to make guest appearances on each other's albums throughout the 1970s! 

What are your favorites?

Besides many of those already noted, I always enjoyed Carl Palmer's side of ELP's "Works," especially "L.A. Nights," which featured Joe Walsh's guitar and scat vocals. (And while not credited on the subsequent track "New Orleans," the guitar and talk box work sure sounds like Walsh.)
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2023 at 15:20
Johhny Guitar Watson on San Berndino:

cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2023 at 19:13
Originally posted by Transguadalupe Transguadalupe wrote:

Artists used to make guest appearances on each other's albums throughout the 1970s! 

What are your favorites?

Besides many of those already noted, I always enjoyed Carl Palmer's side of ELP's "Works," especially "L.A. Nights," which featured Joe Walsh's guitar and scat vocals. (And while not credited on the subsequent track "New Orleans," the guitar and talk box work sure sounds like Walsh.)

Good catch, and welcome to PA!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>