Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tales from the sky

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tales from the sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tales from the sky
    Posted: November 07 2023 at 18:25
For fans of Dream theater, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Gentle giant, Periphery, Pain of salvation and more...
here is our facebook, Bandcamp and youtube page
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100065737413058
https://talesfromthesky.bandcamp.com/album/in-the-world-of-krimus 
Good listening ! my friends also available on spotify youtube and other streaming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igzFdE_2oEU&list=PLnJKrgb0-xDP-_bLc6mKjPU_FK-DrK1iL 
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2023 at 19:16
Listening now, and it's a fine album - one which definitely belongs on the site. However, there are a few additional requirements that need to be met in your suggestion regarding the information you provide before one of the teams will pick it up and take it forward, which you can read here: https://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=122381.

To sum it up here for you, the teams will need a biography and a photo (or a link to one) to use on your eventual page in addition to the listening links you have already provided, and it would also help if you could include the sub genre you think your music best fits in your topic title.

I'm hearing a mix of Progressive Metal and Crossover Prog myself, but my track record isn't great at choosing suitable sub genres, so I'll leave it up to you which one to go for. The only other (and much less likely, I think) option would possibly be Eclectic Prog, but it actually doesn't matter that much which one of the three you choose, since the evaluation team for the sub genre you select will vote to move the suggestion to another sub genre if they think it would be more appropriate than their own, after listening to the album.

Our collaborators may even discuss the most suitable sub genre right here in the thread, and decide amongst themselves which sub genre to start the evaluation in, but there really needs to be a sub genre mentioned in the topic title to attract the attention of one of the teams to begin with, otherwise the suggestion might get overlooked.

Edit: I've added the band and the album to the Awesomeprog website, which is the site that most of the teams currently use to vote and track their evaluations: https://awesomeprog.com/artists/21901.

Edited by yam yam - November 07 2023 at 19:38
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2023 at 01:39
I will listen to the album as soon as I can to see if it's a better fit for progressive metal or something else. 
Tales from the sky View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tales from the sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 17:25
Tank you Smile for this information this is the bio :
Tales from the sky is a progressive metal / symphonic progressive rock band formed in 2010. From 2010 to 2013 the group then formed of Simon Parenteau on keyboard, guitar, vocals / Bruno-Charles Proulx on guitar / Samuel Gélina on drum / David St-Pierre on bass and Willem Mathieu on vocals and flute he composed This time several songs but nothing will be recorded the group falls into oblivion in 2013. In 2015 the group reformed but this time with Charles Roy on drums and without Willem the singing will be entirely done by Simon Parenteau and some new songs will be composed but the group once again falls into oblivion in 2016. In 2019, this is a return for the group who decides to record their first album in the world of Krimus, a project which will be completed on October 7, 2023. This album will be recorded by only 3 members of the group and with the help of several guests! The group draws its influence from the progressive rock of the 70s but also the progressive metal of the 2000s and today!

Tales from the sky is :

Simon Parenteau : Vocal , Guitar , Keyboard , Bass 
Charles Roy : Screaming and vocal , Drum , Bass , Guitar , Sound 
Bruno-chalres Proulx : Guitar 

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 17:44
^ Do you also have a decent photo (or a link to one) of the three of you that could be used for your eventual page on here? I looked at the ones on your Facebook page and some of these would have been OK if one of the faces on them wasn't a fair bit out of focus.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tales from the sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 18:08
https://www.mediafire.com/view/ki044358mpbhvq3/Cover_In_the_world_of_Krimus.jpg/file
here is a link for the image of the album cover I don't know if these are ok ?
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 18:13
^ That image will be fine for the album page, but we need a photo of the band itself for your main page. Something like this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=409585661242678&set=pb.100065737413058.-2207520000&type=3, but with all the faces in focus.

Edit: If you don't have anything else, then I suppose we could use this one with the 'Deafening Time' heading cropped out: https://www.facebook.com/104229134570742/photos/pb.100065737413058.-2207520000/104321474561508/?type=3, but something without the psychedelic background colours would be much better.

Edited by yam yam - November 14 2023 at 18:17
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tales from the sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 18:58
https://www.mediafire.com/view/tbnwun72cbl6w2e/Tales_pics.jpg/file 
I just made this edit I don't know if it's ok
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2023 at 20:55
Yes, it shows the three members of the band, albeit only as a fairly small part of the overall image, but I guess it also shows the bands distinctive logo too, which isn't a bad thing. Ultimately it's the band or artist's choice which photo we eventually use on their page - all we ask is that it is a photo which includes some current or past band members rather than a purely artistic one, such as an album cover.

This is a resized (465 x 600) version of the large Mediafire image you posted the download link to above:

Whatever image we eventually use would appear on your eventual page scaled down to display at a width of about 250px, so any slight imperfections would be pretty hard to distinguish on the page itself. It would open at full size in another tab or window though if you were to right click on the image and select that option.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2023 at 00:34
I think this band fits better in progressive metal, so I'll forward this to the team. Smile
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tales from the sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2023 at 17:02
SmileA big thank you to you yam yam for taking the time to take care of the group, which is very much appreciated! Thanks to you too cristi these true that progressive metal works very well with the group I will leave you to decide for the 2nd if you take symphonic prog, crossover or eclectic
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tales from the sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2023 at 11:56
SmileI'm really looking forward to seeing the group on your site, I usually wonder how long it takes before it appears ?
tanks 
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2023 at 12:57
^ It depends on how much spare time the team members have to listen to the samples and come to their decision. They are all volunteers here - with everyday lives outside of Progarchives which can often limit the amount time they can devote to evaluating new artist submissions - but Tales from the Sky already has two 'yes' votes in Progressive Metal, and they need just one more 'yes' to be cleared for addition, so hopefully it won't be long now.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tales from the sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2023 at 19:26
Great, thank you very much for your response !
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 09:55
added
If there are changes to be made, contact me or the Error & Omissions Team. Smile
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 13:07
^ Had a quick look, and found a few corrections that need to be made:

Line 3 of the biography - G�lina should read Gélina

On the album:

Line up / Musicians section,  line 4, Charles Roy's instruments has several unwanted spaces in one of the brackets ( 4, 8 , 11). Some other brackets have an unwanted space too.

In additional musicians section:

- Paulo Oliver - Flute (1 , 5 , 6) should really read as - Paulo Oliver / flute (1, 5, 6) - or as Julien prefers, - Paulo Oliver / flute (1,5,6)

- Nicky Prince - Vocals (11) also needs slash instead of dash between Prince and vocals

- Mahée ,F?lix Parenteau should read - Mahée Parenteau, Félix Parenteau and there are a couple of unwanted spaces before the commas in that line too.

A couple of other brackets in the additional musicians section have unwanted spaces too.

Probably easiest to just let Julien or Eugene sort it out really (in case there is something else that I have missed Embarrassed).

As already discussed, a decent band photo would be better than a logo on the main page, if anybody can find one.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tales from the sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 13:18
perfect thank you for these corrections for the photo I can try to make another montage with the three photos only without the logo
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 13:21
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

^ Had a quick look, and found a few corrections that need to be made:

Line 3 of the biography - G�lina should read Gélina

On the album:

Line up / Musicians section,  line 4, Charles Roy's instruments has several unwanted spaces in one of the brackets ( 4, 8 , 11). Some other brackets have an unwanted space too.

In additional musicians section:

- Paulo Oliver - Flute (1 , 5 , 6) should really read as - Paulo Oliver / flute (1, 5, 6) - or as Julien prefers, - Paulo Oliver / flute (1,5,6)

- Nicky Prince - Vocals (11) also needs slash instead of dash between Prince and vocals

- Mahée ,F?lix Parenteau should read - Mahée Parenteau, Félix Parenteau and there are a couple of unwanted spaces before the commas in that line too.

A couple of other brackets in the additional musicians section have unwanted spaces too.

Probably easiest to just let Julien or Eugene sort it out really (in case there is something else that I have missed Embarrassed).

As already discussed, a decent band photo would be better than a logo on the main page, if anybody can find one.

I edited the names twice, let me try again. 
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 13:29
^ it should be good now. Smile
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tales from the sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2023 at 13:29
new pics https://www.mediafire.com/file/v0tmfhi2uf8zfl0/Tales_pics_2.jpg/file
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>