Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Regna: Cinema for Symphonic Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneofMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Regna: Cinema for Symphonic Prog
    Posted: December 24 2023 at 08:34
FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Band
: Regna
Genre: Symphonic Progressive Rock

WebsiteWebsite | BandCamp

BIO
Regna is a progressive rock band from Barcelona. The 22nd of December they premiered their first LP, Cinema: an honest and concise album where the band has tried to showcase all the components of their DNA, as well as everything learned during the shows of their previous work, the conceptual EP Meridian.

The album has been written and conceived as a complete musical arch of two hemispheres. Although it is not a conceptual piece, there are some common threads along the tracks such as fear, loneliness and the need of having an emotional shelter (and its posterior collapse).

There is a lot of each of the band members in this first project. The influences of this young band are ranging from the powerhouse approach of the American prog, to the old and refined search of melody of the seventies and the mournful and sombre atmospheres of the Scandinavian folk-inspired scene. Drawing from these and many other sources but providing a unique and personal sensitivity, Regna arises, whose sound reflects a genuine and forceful style with nostalgic dyes, with a strong personality.

Line-Up
Alejandro Domínguez: Guitar
Arturo García: Bass
Miquel González: Keyboards
Marc Illa: Vocals
Eric Lavado: Drums
Xavier Martínez: Guitar

Discography (in order or release)

1. Opening Credits [0:58]
2. Return to... [6:30]
3. Spyglass [8:16]
4. Tangent [8:38]
5. Dramatis Personae [1:31]
6. Accolade [20:27]

1. Spyglass [8:16]

1. Tangent [8:38]

1. Meridian, Part One: Black Crows [4:24]
2. Meridian, Part Two: Collapse (in Technicolor) [3:48]
3. Meridian, Part Three: Awake Again [7:14]
4. Meridian, Part Four: Coda [2:06]

All the band's music is also available on all streaming platforms.

Band Links

Edited by OneofMany - December 25 2023 at 04:35
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2023 at 04:31
thanks i will submit this to the team.
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2023 at 12:58
Regna​​​ added to Symphonic Prog
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

OneofMany View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneofMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2023 at 14:29
Originally posted by rdtprog rdtprog wrote:

Regna​​​ added to Symphonic Prog

Awesome! Thanks!

Could you guys change the profile picture, though? This is a very old picture and not a very representative one. Here you have a current one, done by a professional photographer. :)

https://regna.cat/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/Photoshoot-Regna-Cinema-Finales-68.jpg

Also, my name is not Miguel González, it's Miquel González. It has a very common typo in Spanish, but it would be nice if it's corrected.

Thank you!

Edited by OneofMany - December 26 2023 at 14:30
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2023 at 15:31
Congrats, you are providing a magnificent album Clap
have posted my first impressions on AwesomeProg

OneofMany View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneofMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2023 at 13:23
Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

Congrats, you are providing a magnificent album Clap
have posted my first impressions on AwesomeProg

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words. I've read the post on that website. Thank you! :)

Edited by OneofMany - December 27 2023 at 16:04
OneofMany View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneofMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2023 at 13:25
Guys, I've wrongly clicked on the stars and I've voted my own both albums. Could you guys reset it?
OneofMany View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneofMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2024 at 07:55
By the way, I just want to point out that the LP and CD version contains a hidden track, not present on the streaming/online releases. I don't know if that info should appear in the album page.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2024 at 12:09
^ and ^^ Thanks Miquel.  I've copied both of these comments into the Report Errors and Omissions thread for you, where the points raised will hopefully be dealt with. Smile
OneofMany View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneofMany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2024 at 23:39
Guys, I cannot believe it. I misclicked AGAIN the stars. I'm going to log out on the phone. I'm sorry.
 Post Reply Post Reply