Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zenden Greenpurp for RIO/Avant-Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downtheupstair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zenden Greenpurp for RIO/Avant-Prog
    Posted: April 24 2024 at 23:20
Hi everyone!

I just thought I would put a post here to introduce you to our band, in the hope that we may be added to this prestigious site we've all been following for years Smile thank you in advance for reading.

I am a member of Zenden Greenpurp, and our biography is as follows..

Zenden Greenpurp are a heavy psychedelic avant-prog and RIO-inspired band formed in Reading, UK in 2021. Their sound is eclectic and difficult to describe, but they have been described as: "Absolutely bonkers theatrical prog metal with pronking high speed time changes, a real sense of fun and a garbled incantatory Gobin sensibility" and "Heavy psychedelic experimental prog, juxtaposing unbridled sonic insanity with sweeping symphonic arrangements", with influences including but not limited to Cardiacs, The Mars Volta, Van Der Graaf Generator and more.

The band is comprised of Jack Brissenden (vocals and production), Harry Jones (guitars, vocals and production), Bret Colloff (bass) and Dan Postin (drums). They have released 2 EPs so far, Quadrillionth in 2022 and Darkspace Ltd. in 2024, as well as a standalone single I Think I'm Going Sane also in 2024. Recording for their debut full length LP is also well underway, with a hopeful release for late 2024/early 2025.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can find links to all of our music and social media below, hopefully this is of interest to you and thanks so much for reading! Please do let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Kind regards
Harry Jones

http://zendengreenpurp.bandcamp.com
http://open.spotify.com/artist/1oqqiAC4EqHLxDCQsmIHxy?si=7aa03c53e76343aa
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/zenden-greenpurp/1633751713
https://www.amazon.com/music/player/artists/B0B64TYTY8/zenden-greenpurp

(function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'87d550c4d9fe63ad',t:'MTcxNDYyNDY0MS4wNzQwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();
< height="1" width="1" style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium; visibility: ;"> (function(){if (!document.body) return;var js = "window['__CF$cv$params']={r:'87d55b230f5d63e7',t:'MTcxNDYyNTA2NS42MTEwMDA='};_cpo=document.createElement('script');_cpo.nonce='',_cpo.src='/cdn-cgi/challenge-platform/scripts/jsd/main.js',document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_cpo);";var _0xh = document.createElement('iframe');_0xh.height = 1;_0xh.width = 1;_0xh.style.position = 'absolute';_0xh.style.top = 0;_0xh.style.left = 0;_0xh.style.border = 'none';_0xh.style.visibility = 'hidden';document.body.appendChild(_0xh);function handler() {var _0xi = _0xh.contentDocument || _0xh.contentWindow.document;if (_0xi) {var _0xj = _0xi.createElement('script');_0xj.innerHTML = js;_0xi.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(_0xj);}}if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {handler();} else if (window.addEventListener) {document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', handler);} else {var prev = document.onreadystatechange || function () {};document.onreadystatechange = function (e) {prev(e);if (document.readyState !== 'loading') {document.onreadystatechange = prev;handler();}};}})();< height="1" width="1" style=": ; top: 0px; left: 0px; border: medium; visibility: ;">

Edited by downtheupstair - May 01 2024 at 22:45
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2024 at 03:46
At a first listen it sounds more punk than prog, but it's only a first listen. I'll listen more.
In the meantime I'm adding the band to the evaluation list. 

Edited by octopus-4 - April 29 2024 at 03:47
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
downtheupstair View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downtheupstair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2024 at 16:41
Ah I can see that yes haha, parts of the first EP and single definitely have much stronger punky-sounding influences as opposed to the more progressive experimental nature of Darkspace Ltd. (imo), thank you very much for listening though and adding us to your evaluation list!

P.S. My apologies, I really don't know how to get it to stop putting all that script text at the bottom of my posts!

Edited by downtheupstair - May 01 2024 at 22:23
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2024 at 21:32
^ To deal with the code, disable the WYSIWYG post editor in Member Control Panel -> Forum Preferences. See this topic for details: https://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=132330
 Post Reply Post Reply