Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video & PC Game Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 243>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zachfive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2014 at 22:19
I play Diablo 3 on hardcore. If anyone is playing the new expansion, Reaper of Souls, and has a hardcore character or wants to start one my account is KingCrimson#1698 or hit me up on steam. I'm a member of the progarchives.com gaming group.
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2014 at 00:25
This:

Not without some flaws but a good game.Love the hacking and the huge amount of content in the game.

Edited by TheProgtologist - August 16 2014 at 23:36

MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2014 at 02:08
Okay, so I'm finally checking out Dark Souls on the 360 after hearing so much about Dark Souls II. Luckily, it's a part of Games for Gold right now, so I got it for free and damn am I glad I didn't pay anything for it. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty fun game, but it's brutally hard and the way it's set up for healing and leveling up makes the whole process a very slow, frustrating grind. I'm not sure how long I'll be playing it.  AngryAngryAngryAngry
King Only View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 12:37
Played UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3 last night. Reminded me of being a student many years ago, playing death match games like the original Unreal Tournament with my friends all night instead of studying. 
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2014 at 13:07
^ Damn, ... why have I never heard of UT3? Confused Wacko

Bought this for PC (my laptop, really) for $4.99 ($19.99 with 75%) on Steam. Yup.

Had real fun playing Noob Saibot. I've yet to learn to execute his fatalities.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - June 08 2014 at 13:09
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2014 at 01:33
Just finished playing the infamous Postal 2 in a two-day run. That game is still fun as s$%t.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - June 23 2014 at 01:41
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2014 at 08:51
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

Just finished playing the infamous Postal 2 in a two-day run. That game is still fun as s$%t.

I bought it on Steam yesterday and also Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fallout 3 GOTY. Now I only need time to play them LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2014 at 12:41
^ I bought it on Steam too! $2.49? That is such a steal!

I also bought the classic Fallout for $4.99, and I'm really enjoying it like I did ten years back. There are just some games where I don't really mind a somewhat slow gameplay, strangely.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - June 23 2014 at 12:43
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2014 at 15:22
^ I like slow gameplay on strategy games. For me Age of Empires is too stressful but I like Civilization because I can take all the time I want to play. On racing games I prefer the stressful ones like Gran Turismo, GTR 2, TOCA Race Driver 3 or Midnight Club.
Gamemako View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gamemako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2014 at 00:59
Been playing Phantasy Star Online 2 up until a few days ago. Somebody or other decided to DDoS the servers, though. And the website. And fan websites.

Oh internet.
Hail Eris!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2014 at 13:17
After a day of pondering which I should get between Grid Autosport and F1 2013, I've decided on the latter.  I even found a region free copy of the Complete Edition (has the 80's, 90's and classic tracks all included), so this should tide me over until Codemasters releases the 2014 edition on the next gen consoles.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2014 at 00:30
Just finished the "campaign" of this one:

The script is poor, and the game doesn't explore any themes in depth. On the other hand, the character is not overpowered, and the gameplay is fun. Not buggy.

I'm planning on getting a gold medal for every event, so ... there.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2014 at 22:20
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

After a day of pondering which I should get between Grid Autosport and F1 2013, I've decided on the latter.  I even found a region free copy of the Complete Edition (has the 80's, 90's and classic tracks all included), so this should tide me over until Codemasters releases the 2014 edition on the next gen consoles.

Picked up Grid Autosport today for the 360.  It's a little too arcadey (although still not an arcade racer, just too forgiving), but it's still pretty fun with all the different types of racing included.
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 23:52
Just bought and have started playing these on 3DS :

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2014 at 04:02
^I definitely want to try Shovel Knight at some point, as I've heard about some of the Mega Man similarities.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2014 at 10:02

Picked up Grid Autosport today for the 360.  It's a little too arcadey (although still not an arcade racer, just too forgiving), but it's still pretty fun with all the different types of racing included.

Does this Grid has the rewind thing like the first one? I didn't like the game because of it: I couldn't concentrate on the race since I could rewind if I did anything wrong. The same goes to Dirt 2.

Edited by Meltdowner - August 03 2014 at 10:03
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2014 at 16:39
Question to fellow gamers: does anyone around here play old games on virtual machines with versions WinNT4/95/98? I've got Interstate '76, Heavy Gear, and a bunch of others, but those games are so obscure that I can't find any good answers for how to make them work on any of those tumbleweed forums.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - August 06 2014 at 16:39
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2014 at 17:27
I have an old PC with Windows 98 for playing old games. I think you can use VMWare for those purposes, there's a series of specs you can configure when you create a VM: disk size, RAM, processor and there's an option "Accelerate 3D Graphics", that suggests it. But I only use VM's for work so I don't surely know if it works.
Gamemako View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gamemako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2014 at 17:54
Hail Eris!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2014 at 18:20
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I have an old PC with Windows 98 for playing old games. I think you can use VMWare for those purposes, there's a series of specs you can configure when you create a VM: disk size, RAM, processor and there's an option "Accelerate 3D Graphics", that suggests it. But I only use VM's for work so I don't surely know if it works.
Yeah, I went with Oracle VM VirtualBox. I don't know how much is enough to allocate for the disk size and RAM. I have two vehicular combat (simulation) games and two RPG's. I don't know if I should add up the disk space and RAM amounts required for all the games I want to install to get an idea of how much is enough.

(Asked on Yahoo!Answers. Awaiting reply.)

Edited by Dayvenkirq - August 06 2014 at 19:27
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 243>