Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video & PC Game Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 230231232233234 243>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 18:24
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

^ Thanks. I got another answer here.
Did you manage to get the VM working?
I haven't come around to it yet. I may try it tonight.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - August 18 2014 at 18:25
TGM: Orb View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TGM: Orb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 18:24
Originally posted by Sheavy Sheavy wrote:

Currently playing through Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners Of The Earth.

I'm enjoying it so far even though its incredibly f**king hard. Getting shot in the head will kill you instantly, there is no hud so you don't know many bullets are left in your clip, looking at inhuman monsters, and other gruesome/scary things will cause you to go insane and eventually die if you do it to long, and the controls are kinda awkward especially aiming.

It is also one of the buggier games that I've played, but i'd still recommend this to any of you guys that are into survival horror games, the story is interesting, and I enjoy trying (and inevitably failing) to sneak around enemies.

I also want you guys to recommend me some good horror games, not necessarily survival horror or scary games.

I've got Silent Hill 2&3,
The Suffering 2&3
Cold Fear
Area 51
Shadow Man
Alan Wake
Doom 3
Fear 2
Condemned 1&2
Left 4 Dead 1&2
Bioshock
Stalker Shadow Of Chernobyl
Alone In The Dark The New Nightmare
Yume Nikki
Cry Of Fear
Clive Barker's Jericho
You Are Empty
Penumbra Black Plague
Scratches
Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem
Parasite Eve
Resident Evil 4&5

System Shock 2 is a great call if you're into the good old stuff. Also just shows you what Bioshock was meant to be. Would recommend the first season of The Walking Dead as well, though it's new.

Things I've been playing recently

New Wolfenstein - really engaging if a bit Half-Life 2 lite but that's a good feeling I think. Recommend.

Hegemony: Rome - I really liked Hegemony Gold but this one is just a big step back. Combat's too fast, the AI's more passive and the larger amount of strategic options aren't really exploitable on a tactical/planning level really. You don't feel like you're doing anything clever. Do not recommend.

Unrest - Little indie Indian-setting RPG effort with a massive focus on conversations and choices. Am enjoying so far even if the interface is a tad rough.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 19:48
I don't play much, I've currently got 3 games on the go

Baldurs Gate 2
Half-Life 2
Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zachfive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2014 at 20:19
Morrowind was a good portion of my salad days. Also Daggerfall is as epic as they get. As I speak right now the wife is playing Skyrim, oh how far they have come... I've been meaning to start a player but I've been playing the Diablo 3 Public Test Realm in anticipation for the new patch and just two nights ago a buddy and I got the idea to play through Diablo 2 LOD again. Playing hardcore in Diablo 2 is exponentially harder than in D3, and the rewards are significantly less, but it is still one hell of a fun game.

Also recently downloaded Quake Live just to pass the time real quick and because it is free. I jump into a match for 5-10 min while the wife gets ready or whatnot. I forgot how fast paced it is but I'm getting back into a groove.... or is it a rut ;)
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2014 at 03:22
Back to basics:

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 00:55
Having a blast playing these in a rotation:

... Complete Collection, ... and ...

Then, of course, there's that glitch in "First Slice". Rumor has it that's just the game's way of saying: "End of demo. Buy the whole thing." There's a better, more straightforward way of saying it, though.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - September 03 2014 at 00:57
PrognosticMind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrognosticMind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 05:29
This was the last game that I played (yesterday). Yes, I'm a classic game nerd LOL:

"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?"
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 14:20
^ I used to play this game A LOT with my brother when we were kids Big smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrognosticMind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 16:16
The Genesis and the SNES still rule, man! Streets of Rage 2 and TMNT IV: Turtles in Time are my favorite beat 'em ups ever. What a golden era!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 17:04
My SNES still works and I have a few games. I never played that TMNT game but it seems fun Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrognosticMind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2014 at 17:11

My SNES still works and I have a few games. I never played that TMNT game but it seems fun Smile

Dude...acquire it immediately. Top 10 SNES title without question!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2014 at 17:13
^ I got scared with the price of that TMNT game on ebay, specially on my format (PAL); its very rare Shocked
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 05:04
Back in action in this one:

I've decided to go with the easiest difficulty level because those werejaguars and werepanthers take a hell of a lot of hitpoints from my Crusader. And good news: I got the Sun Staff.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrognosticMind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 07:22

^ I got scared with the price of that TMNT game on ebay, specially on my format (PAL); its very rare Shocked

I just realized you're in Portugal, Meldowner. The price makes total sense now, lol. Have you checked Amazon? That's where I get almost all of my classic games that I'm unable to find in stores over here!
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zachfive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 01:47
It is crazy that a post about Streets of Rage II was posted on the 3rd . I just got my HTPC set up with XBMC and have my emulators/roms set up. SoR was just one of many games in the retro game night we had a couple days ago.

Edit : Also can not believe that TMNT Turtles in Time was mentioned. My cousin and I played the hell out of that game. Maybe beat it twice in all our attempts. Alley Cat Blues and that level where you rode hover boards towards a lighted city were my favorite levels... also the dinosaur one. TMNT games have always been spot on in my opinion. The new fighting one was alright, wish it was more like the DBZ games rather than a Mortal Kombat/Smash Bros. hybrid. But the NES top view/sidescoller was possibly one of the best NES games ever.

Edited by zachfive - September 11 2014 at 01:58
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 13:02
Originally posted by PrognosticMind PrognosticMind wrote:

I just realized you're in Portugal, Meldowner. The price makes total sense now, lol. Have you checked Amazon? That's where I get almost all of my classic games that I'm unable to find in stores over here!

Not much luck either Ermm
Anyway, I have to save some money for the new MTG block Tongue
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 14:04
i'm somewhat lookign forward to the new dreamfall
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2014 at 12:16
Anyone playing Destiny yet?  
Unitron View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2014 at 12:19
Been playing my SNES lately, Star Fox, Super Mario All Stars, and Raiden Trad. Smile
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2014 at 13:43
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

Anyone playing Destiny yet?  

Installing it now.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 230231232233234 243>