Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video & PC Game Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232233234235236 243>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 03:36
Finished this one on the hard difficulty level (of course) last ... morning? ... I don't know. It was really, really late.

You've got to love some of Duke's dumb-action-dude lines: "I go where I please, and I please where I go."  And his annoyance with keycards.

Also finished all the Conquerors Campaigns and Age of Kings Campaigns of this one on the hard (duh) difficulty level:

Edited by Dayvenkirq - October 18 2014 at 03:42
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2014 at 05:58
^ That Duke Nukem game is awesome Big smile
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 00:13

I just finished this (kind of) hidden gem of a game.  It didn't seem to get a whole lot of recognition once it was released, although, seeing as how short the game is, I can understand that.  Still a lot of fun (aside from the gunplay) with great art direction and soundtrack to compliment it.

Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metalmarsh89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 01:07
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

I just finished this (kind of) hidden gem of a game.  It didn't seem to get a whole lot of recognition once it was released, although, seeing as how short the game is, I can understand that.  Still a lot of fun (aside from the gunplay) with great art direction and soundtrack to compliment it.

Thumbs Up Great game. I bought it a few years ago used for ~$15. Now I hear it's going for $70+ because it's out of print.

Though short, it had excellent gameplay.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 01:34
Kicking it ol' school with:

By the way, I remember someone saying that real-time strategy games are a bit too intense for him compared with turn-based ones. This one is real-time, but the gameplay is rather slow since it takes time to grow your infrastructure. So far I've played the tutorial and a single-player, where the opponents will engage you in combat only at your own initiative.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - October 22 2014 at 01:39
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2014 at 13:24
^ I was the one that said that. I know that game from seeing a friend playing it, but I never played. I'll have to try it someday.
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2014 at 00:39
Just finished HL2 episodes one and two, and Lost Coast. I wonder what happened to the third episode. Don't you just hate it when stories like this are left in limbo, unfinished?

Edited by Dayvenkirq - October 24 2014 at 00:50
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2014 at 04:31
^ Supposedly, the story will continue on Half Life 3, although it hasn't been confirmed yet.
PrognosticMind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrognosticMind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 11:39
Getting back into NES playing and collecting :)
"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?"
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2014 at 01:02
^Not a bad idea. Big smile  Check out the Mega Man games.  You won't regret it.

I'm getting back into this one, after being sidetracked by Destiny awhile ago.  Just finished 2033 and now on to Last Light.

bloodnarfer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2014 at 12:41
It just occurred to me that while I'm a big fan of final fantasy games, I haven't beaten a single one all the way through.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2014 at 12:44

I've been playing this nice little exploration/platformer indie game.  Its got a really cool atmosphere that I instantly click with and an amazing drone soundtrack to boot.  It's like architecture lifted straight out of my dreams.

Edited by bloodnarfer - October 29 2014 at 12:45
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2014 at 12:45

I'm getting back into this one, after being sidetracked by Destiny awhile ago.  Just finished 2033 and now on to Last Light.

I got last light on sale a while back and its a really cool game, I hate those spider things that jump at you... 
PrognosticMind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrognosticMind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2014 at 06:36

Oh believe me, I'm well versed in ALL Mega Man titles my friend! I've been playing and collecting NES and SNES stuff for nearly 20 years now Smile. On a Castlevania binge as of late...mostly due to the Halloween season lol.
"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?"
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2014 at 04:10
^Good to hear on the subject of the Blue Bomber.  And you can never go wrong with some Castlevania. Big smile

And while I'm finishing up Last Light, I bought Watch Dogs for the One today to tide me over until AC Unity and Rogue are released in two weeks.  That's right, TWO new Assassins Creed games being released on the same day.  Granted, one of them is on the One and the other on the 360, but they are in fact two separate games with certain ties to each other.  Rogue takes place during the Seven Years' War and Unity during the French Revolution.  Should be interesting.

Edited by MillsLayne - October 31 2014 at 04:18
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2014 at 18:18
Guys, tomorrow is the big day.

Obviously an old ad, but it's going to be an awesome day tomorrow!  AND Target is having a deal where if you buy two games, you get a third free, so I'll probably pick up the Halo Master Chief Collection on the One, too.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2014 at 04:44
I lost count of AC's games, there's just too many Confused
The last one I played was Revelations.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2014 at 05:57
I'm more interested in next weeks Dragon Age: Inquisition, though I wont get it till next year when I've built up my new PC.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2014 at 09:06
the only AC game I've played was AC2 when it cost about $5-10.  It was good, but that was enough for me honestly
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manofmystery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2014 at 17:11
So, the little Prog Archives steam group I started (linked in my signature) awhile back is only at 31 members, right now.  Idea was just to have a small presence on steam just for those of us who game and maybe even advertise this site to online gamers.  Anyway, I think the current group logo/tag/abbreviation I created is a bit lame and needs spruced up.  This is how it currently looks: =)PA(=
I'd appreciate any ideas for a new one or any ideas about the group in general.

Time always wins.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232233234235236 243>