Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video & PC Game Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 243>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2014 at 10:16
Saw Dragon Age at 70$ this morning (ouch), couldn't afford it right now. Will wait a little while...
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2015 at 11:08
Another buy on Steam: Skyrim and Civilization V Complete Edition. Lots of stuff to play until the Summer Sales Smile
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2015 at 19:38
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

^^ Now it's just a matter of time before it's available on Steam.

Just purchased this one:

I think I might get bored with this one (but then I thought the same of The Darkness II), but I can't pass up on the 75%-off deal. It better be really good.
Finished it a couple of days ago. Think I may play this on extreme difficulty level soon, with no casualties. This should be fun.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - January 02 2015 at 19:39
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2015 at 12:02
^ If you are repeating the game, I guess it wasn't boring after all Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 22:52
^ True. The Blink power is so damn sweet. Makes stealth look cooler.

Over-convoluted for me, especially since I got used to the HoMM paradigm (and I've never played Civilization), but I think I'll get the hang of it eventually.

BTW, got it for a third of the original price. Thank you, Santa.
Yeah, I think that game has too much in it. I've realized that you have to think of knowledge, the blue mana and spell-casting (sorcery) points *, and population as resources. But then there are so many different types of creatures, and you are not sure who's best for what strategy, type of warfare. In the end, when it comes down to really mixed troops with different perks, you don't know how the fight will turn out, and I want to know what's going to happen. At least I had some sense of that when playing HOMM and Disciples.

That adds to the challenge factor. I really like challenge, but not that level that makes you think it's impossible to bust through the campaign without getting frustrated.

On top of that the objects on the map have detail that is so clean-cut that you have a bit of a difficulty figuring out what they are. And your armies - just look for your flags.

* not sure what to call them for the sake of distinction

Edited by Dayvenkirq - January 04 2015 at 23:00
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manofmystery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2015 at 18:49
Only thing I ended up buying during the Steam holiday sale was the Dragonborn addition for Skyrim.  The games I really wanted on my wishlist just didn't go quite low enough for this cheap b*****d.  This War of Mine and The Forest will have to wait for another day.

Time always wins.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2015 at 22:37
I'm loving DA Inquisition, but I'm going to take a break tonight and start this one.

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2015 at 22:40
I've long since retired from gaming, but I miss the old-school MMORPGs like Evercrack, Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot. Oh yeah, and Asheron's Call. Great games and fond memories.

Edited by The Dark Elf - January 05 2015 at 22:46
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2015 at 22:35

Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2015 at 22:53
Almost finished with Doom II, just need to beat the final boss Angry
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2015 at 22:55
^^ Congrats. Thumbs Up Should be tons of fun.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2015 at 23:03
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

God that game is good. One of my all time favorites. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2015 at 23:25
I never played it on PS3,so this is a first play through for me.Really,really liking it so far.Clap

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2015 at 00:16

^^ Congrats. Thumbs Up Should be tons of fun.

Sure is, fun yet frustrating LOL 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2015 at 08:09
^ The double caret means referring two posts above, ... though I really have forgotten what the final boss in the second Doom is like.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - January 28 2015 at 08:10
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2015 at 11:04

^ The double caret means referring two posts above, ... though I really have forgotten what the final boss in the second Doom is like.

Oh, sorry I thought you were referring to my post LOL

This is what the final boss in Doom II looks like:

Edited by Pastmaster - January 28 2015 at 11:08
*frinspar* View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *frinspar* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2015 at 11:47
We bought a second PS4 after my wife won a first one in that Taco Bell daily giveaway last year. I had no idea the library was still so limited as far as good games go, and we've barely used either of them. I haven't turned mine on since the middle of December. Still getting more use out of out PS3s.

Played through Assassin's Creed: Unity and, aside from being a visually stunning game, I found it as boring as the last franchise entry I played, AC:Revelations.

I guess we're just waiting for Uncharted 4 to come out. Neither of us cares for first-person shooters. We both tend to get queasy from the "natural" movement they apply to them. So third-person games are typically what we go for. Although after seeing how great Farcry 4 looks, I'm tempted to get it just to have something to play.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2015 at 13:33
^^ Oh, yeah, ... I can't remember why I couldn't get to that level.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2015 at 16:05
I've been playing Skyrim lately and it bores me so much, which is strange since I really like Fallout 3 and NV. It's probably because I don't find the game context interesting Ermm
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2015 at 16:09
^ Game context? You mean the setting and the "story"?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234235236237238 243>