Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video & PC Game Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 243>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2015 at 11:52
I had a fun time with shovel knight.  Reminded me of some of my favorite sega genesis games.  Especially Rocket Knight.  Then I broke out the sega genesis and started playing through the faves again.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 20:53
This comes out in a week and a half and as a race fan, I can't wait!  This very well could be the racing sim I've been waiting YEARS for!

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2015 at 14:35
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

This comes out in a week and a half and as a race fan, I can't wait!  This very well could be the racing sim I've been waiting YEARS for!

I'm waiting for Steams Summer Sale to get it cheap, but I've been waiting months for this game.

Speaking of Steam sales, I love them. Just bought The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for £1.04!
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2015 at 14:34
^I have to get it on XBox because my PC just wouldn't do it justice.  Ordered a wheel and everything, but Tuesday can't get here soon enough!
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 18:41
Annihilated some draugar and kicked a dragon priest (boy, that one was tough) to oblivion earlier today. Yeah, my favorite pastime.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2015 at 22:20
Fallout 4, Gears of War 4, Mass Effect Andromeda, Rare Replay, and now this.

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2015 at 02:41
I can't wait to play Fallout 4 Big smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2015 at 13:49
Even though I haven't played much lately (there are still some games I didn't play from last Christmas), I bought some nice games from Steam's Summer sales:
- Fallout 3 and New Vegas
- Grid Autosport, but it's painfully slow on my PC, I guess it's an incentive to get a new one someday Tongue I bought the first Grid after that.
- Dishonored
- CivCity Rome

Lately, I have been playing Skyrim, although after 20 hours I feel like I didn't progress anything: I don't know if those new games are gigantic or I don't have much time to play as I had before Ermm
I am also playing Fuel, it's a really fun racing game that I couldn't run on the PC I had when it was released Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2015 at 19:54
Anybody else playing this amazing end to a great series?  Well, hopefully not on PC anyway.

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2015 at 20:00
My friend bought it on PC LOL
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2015 at 21:48
^Oh boy...

I'd be in a fit of rage if a game I had been waiting on was buggy and slow like this one ended up being on PC.  I mean, for them to actually pull it from Steam says how serious the situation is.

Edited by MillsLayne - June 26 2015 at 21:49
zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zachfive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2015 at 23:13
Ive recently been playing Heros of the Storm. The fresh influx of new people has made the game.... more difficult. I think I'm gonna put that one on the back shelf for a while. I picked up some good deals on the summer sale so I may delve more into those... or I might get back into D3 as the new patch looks alright. I don't play season, and logged in the other day and did a bounty in torment 4 no problem, so I know my characters still can hold their own.

On a side note(and let me preface this with, "I did not buy this game, console or PC") - I'd like to say, while the Batman port to PC was not done well, in the future I do seeing the ported games running and looking better on PC. With AMD technology running the next gen consoles(One/PS4), it will be even easier for developers of console games to port over. With AMD's new card being right around the corner, it is looking like this will be sooner rather than later. Not trying to start a PC vs Console flame war, I enjoy both, but with those facts in mind, I'm looking forward to the steam controller as a console replacement. I already have a HTPC that can run Steam in big picture, so the controller should bridge the gap between PC gaming and living room ambiance. As if my HTPC hasn't already made my console next to obsolete, this should be the final nail in the coffin. This makes WII U evermore enticing as the system to get in my opinion, as reproducing that experience is near impossible on a PC.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2015 at 05:56
Originally posted by zachfive zachfive wrote:

Ive recently been playing Heros of the Storm. The fresh influx of new people has made the game.... more difficult. I think I'm gonna put that one on the back shelf for a while. I picked up some good deals on the summer sale so I may delve more into those... or I might get back into D3 as the new patch looks alright. I don't play season, and logged in the other day and did a bounty in torment 4 no problem, so I know my characters still can hold their own.

On a side note(and let me preface this with, "I did not buy this game, console or PC") - I'd like to say, while the Batman port to PC was not done well, in the future I do seeing the ported games running and looking better on PC. With AMD technology running the next gen consoles(One/PS4), it will be even easier for developers of console games to port over. With AMD's new card being right around the corner, it is looking like this will be sooner rather than later. Not trying to start a PC vs Console flame war, I enjoy both, but with those facts in mind, I'm looking forward to the steam controller as a console replacement. I already have a HTPC that can run Steam in big picture, so the controller should bridge the gap between PC gaming and living room ambiance. As if my HTPC hasn't already made my console next to obsolete, this should be the final nail in the coffin. This makes WII U evermore enticing as the system to get in my opinion, as reproducing that experience is near impossible on a PC.

The problem is that people were predicting, and expecting, this to be the case 2 years ago when the current gen consols launched. Strangely in that time we've seen ever increasing numbers of bad PC ports of AAA games. Given that the Steam community alone is considerably bigger than the XBone and PS4 userbase combined, you'd think it would be a priority to get it it right, but then again how many broken games have we seen get released in recent years.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

bloodnarfer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2015 at 10:23
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

^Oh boy...

I'd be in a fit of rage if a game I had been waiting on was buggy and slow like this one ended up being on PC.  I mean, for them to actually pull it from Steam says how serious the situation is.

I'm patiently waiting for it to be fixed on PC before I buy it.  I don't plan on getting any next-gen consoles, but down the road FFVII remake, FFXV, the last guardian, and KH3 may convince me otherwise.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2015 at 16:49
No Man's Sky is my reason for wanting to buy a PS4.  I'm just waiting to see if it ends up being what is essentially promised.
Gamemako View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gamemako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2015 at 10:38

Nice to see mixed time signatures in game music, especially with vocals like this.
Hail Eris!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2015 at 14:46
^ Yeah, the soundtrack of that game and Bastion are great! It's funny that I listened to both but never played any game Tongue
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 21:16
Phantom Pain is finally here!  Something that'll actually make me put Project CARS down for a little while.
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 03:24
I've just finished Saints Row IV. This is a melting pot of things from Prototype, Bioshock, The Matrix, They Live, Zero Dark Thirty, etc. in a humorous spirit beyond Duke Nukem. To me it just came off as a product from people who were just contractually obliged to do the game since I couldn't spot a whole lot of original ideas. However, I have to admit that the game did have its moments (especially the funny ones). I mean, come on: ... Roddy Piper as a squatting Scotsman?  ... In a shoot-out with aliens? ... With the bagpipes accompanying the end of the mission?

Edited by Dayvenkirq - December 22 2015 at 17:40
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2015 at 21:40
Damn Target and their deals.  I bought both Fallout 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider and got Black Ops III for free.  Just an awful, awful day that was.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 243>