Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video & PC Game Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 243>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2014 at 17:21

37 levels later I've realized that it's a rather monotonous cross between The Witcher and WoW. I do like the perks system along with the sneaking and pickpocketing capacities.

Over-convoluted for me, especially since I got used to the HoMM paradigm (and I've never played Civilization), but I think I'll get the hang of it eventually.

BTW, got it for a third of the original price. Thank you, Santa.

Ha-ha-a-a-a! ... I'm back! Still exciting, ... just about as exciting as it was ten years ago.

Addictive, goofy, and fun. Don't get just the demo portion, or you won't get the full experience if you are interested in all sorts of monsters and ancient traps.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - December 25 2014 at 17:24
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2014 at 17:59
^ Great purchases! I was thinking about getting Skyrim too, since I really like Fallout 3 and NV, but the sale was nearly over when I saw it. I don't feel like playing video games in the last few months but I think it will get back soon ..... Next Car Game's release is next month Wink
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2014 at 19:25
^ Thanks. I was on a budget, and now I have a bit of a surplus.

Speaking of surplus, ... just bought this on Steam as well:

Oops. ... This is what happens when you have some money to spend - impulsive shopping.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - December 25 2014 at 19:26
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manofmystery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2014 at 19:32
So far, all I've purchased during the Steam holiday sale is the Dragonborn addition to Skyrim.  Holding out hoping that The Forest and This War of Mine go low than the current 15% off.

Time always wins.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2014 at 19:38
If you want a quality Bethesda game, you go for Oblivion. The world and experience playing it is much more enjoyable. Sure it is a bit dated, but i feel the actual game is far more fun and doesn't get boring once you level up your magic or sword a couple of times. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheProgtologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2014 at 11:40

manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manofmystery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2014 at 14:51
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

If you want a quality Bethesda game, you go for Oblivion. The world and experience playing it is much more enjoyable. Sure it is a bit dated, but i feel the actual game is far more fun and doesn't get boring once you level up your magic or sword a couple of times. 

I have Oblivion.  I just can't get into it the way I did with Skyrim.  Seems like I'm taking a step backwards.

Time always wins.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 02:26
Oblivion was great and Skyrim is even better. Offensive magic sucks with both though, hope they'll rectify this with the next one. Offensive spells à la Neverwinter Nights would be cool.

Edited by Barbu - December 27 2014 at 02:30
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 02:45
Level 127/Map cleared

Alduin's next

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 02:50
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Oblivion was great and Skyrim is even better. Offensive magic sucks with both though, hope they'll rectify this with the next one. Offensive spells à la Neverwinter Nights would be cool.
What's wrong with the offensive spells in Elder Scrolls ?
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 02:53
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

What's wrong with the offensive spells in Elder Scrolls ?

Uninteresting, lifeless and unexciting.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 03:03
^ If that's the case, then they probably should have put something like some spells equivalent to those in HoMM, like Meteor Shower.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 03:13

^ If that's the case, then they probably should have put something like some spells equivalent to those in HoMM, like Meteor Shower.

Yeah, lower level offensive spells are quite fine but, for me, the higher ones must be 'Grandiose'(imposing): Something like the 'Storm Call' shout but with big dark clouds, massive rain and way more lightning strikes.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 07:55
I used to play on my brother's Steam account but I decided today that I should get my own. So I started my collection with:
Counter Strike Anthology (this one is mandatory Wink)

A Walk in the Dark
Detective Case and Clown Bot
(to support the portuguese small videogame industry Smile)

Terraria (My friends say I should play this one since it was released Tongue)
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 09:13
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

I never got on with Oblivion, it just felt so unfocused and lacking in a clear purpose for your character. I gave up after a couple of hours playing it and havent gone back, the crap combat system didn't help either.

Got Endless Legend in the Steam sale at about 50% off, I'm really liking the fantasy take on Civilization.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

zachfive View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zachfive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 11:58
Picked up Sanctum 2 the Steam sale about a week ago. Fun co-op gameplay. Tower defense/FPS, I was apprehensive at first, but it is done extremely well. While we are on the subject of the Elder Scrolls games, I also happened to pick up E.Y.E Devine Cybermancer on the Steam sale for dirt cheap. This game is like Morrowind but with guns, it also supports co-op and online multiplayer which is a plus. The only problem I am having so far is that it is a French game that has been translated...poorly. The gameplay is worth it though. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 01:10

OK, ... that was a short gameplay (eight hours) and the angular twist at the end was rather disappointing. I hope there's going to be a third installment to the story with even less monotonicity.

But overall, the game is really cool. Not much depth to the story, and some of the lines are stale, but I'll let it slide. 'Twas worth $10, I guess.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - December 28 2014 at 01:12
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 20:42

Just started playing, but I can already tell this is one huge game.  Really, really good so far.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 21:02
^ Nice, really enjoyed the 1st one (haven't played the 2nd). Will check it out.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 22:47
^^ Now it's just a matter of time before it's available on Steam.

Just purchased this one:

I think I might get bored with this one (but then I thought the same of The Darkness II), but I can't pass up on the 75%-off deal. It better be really good.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - December 28 2014 at 22:47
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 243>