Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWorld Cup 2006 - Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Poll Question: Which country will be the winner?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [8.51%]
16 [17.02%]
8 [8.51%]
5 [5.32%]
1 [1.06%]
2 [2.13%]
8 [8.51%]
4 [4.26%]
5 [5.32%]
9 [9.57%]
22 [23.40%]
1 [1.06%]
5 [5.32%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 16:46

Hey, where's Poland?
Seriously, Brasil has never won in Europe but maybe it will be their first time?
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 17:43
Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

Yes, sleeper, Brazil and England have presently the most consistent teams... but it does not mean that they will win or even reach the finals. The World Cup isn't really a championship but a knock-out tournament: a bad day, a tie with penalty kicks, a referee error, an injuried important player, etc, may cause the elimination of a favorite. For some strange reason I have the impression that a "new" champion may appear: Netherlands, Czech, Spain...

About the Brazilian record in Europe, statistics and history tell a different tale:
- Brazil is the only non-European to win in Europe (1958). No European ever won outside Europe.
- Brazil was the first South American to reach the semis in Europe (1938).
- Brazil was also 4th, in 1974 and runner-up, in 1998.
- No European has such a record in South America.

Playing against the Germans in Germany, Brazil won twice more! And if you remember last year, we won the Confederation Cup (played in Germany, again), defeating Germany and Argentina. Smile 

Last I heard Germany wernt that good a team (though I would never count them out in a tournament) and Englandalso had a close victory over Argie last year as well. I just wish we'ed stop scoreing the winning goal in the 93rd minute.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

el böthy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 21:44
I would like to say Argentina, as we have a good team...but we are in the worst or better yet in the most difficult group...Brazil and Germany have it so easy...and its always like this with Argentina...I think its a conspirecy....well, Im sure Netherlands and the other two countrys (which I dont know how to write in english) are as scared of the competition as we are...any thoughts on this Erik???
I hope the new "wonderboy" Mezzi shows of all his skills...I dont want to see Argentina as a looser from that group!!!ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
"You want me to play what, Robert?"
Soul Dreamer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 22:07
Originally posted by el böthy el böthy wrote:

I would like to say Argentina, as we have a good team...but we are in the worst or better yet in the most difficult group...Brazil and Germany have it so easy...and its always like this with Argentina...I think its a conspirecy....well, Im sure Netherlands and the other two countrys (which I dont know how to write in english) are as scared of the competition as we are...any thoughts on this Erik???
I hope the new "wonderboy" Mezzi shows of all his skills...I dont want to see Argentina as a looser from that group!!!ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Don't worry: Argentina and the Netherlands will qualify from this group. After that, we can only meet again in the finals Big smile
Barla View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 22:15
ARGENTINA, ARGENTINA !! Clap
Barla View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 22:20

Yes, Messi is the 2006's revelation Clap !! And we've got Carlitos Tevez, Mascherano, Crespo, (but Aguero has to be on the team)...... and Abbondanzieri...... go out !!! You know what I mean.
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 22:30
Originally posted by Barla Barla wrote:

Yes, Messi is the 2006's revelation Clap !! And we've got Carlitos Tevez, Mascherano, Crespo, (but Aguero has to be on the team)...... and Abbondanzieri...... go out !!! You know what I mean.
I like Messi, he is so young and great, i hope his injury wll sane soon... and yes, Argentina has a great team.. maybe Mexico and Argentina could meet in second round... anyway... im still thinking of Brazil as favorite

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567