Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWorld Leaders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Which of these world leaders do you most admire?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [7.14%]
1 [3.57%]
1 [3.57%]
2 [7.14%]
1 [3.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.57%]
1 [3.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.57%]
1 [3.57%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [7.14%]
1 [3.57%]
14 [50.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 04:32
Originally posted by NutterAlert NutterAlert wrote:

Blair

Bush

Chirac  * 100 =lots of  

I'm going way out on a limb here and saying Sharon. Has the old warmonger done a good thing by leaving his party and going on his own to try and broker peace with arabs? Would be nice to think he has... 

I agree with you on Chirac!!

Not on Blair and Bush, yet.

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 11:53

Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

I won't rest 'til we have a good President!

looks like your never going to rest then

Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Logos View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 12:05
Someone actually voted Bush??

Surely that was a joke.. is there any way to see who did it. Maybe a ban??

Just joking
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 12:11
Probably Blair- but its so hard to tell from the States
Trotsky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 12:24
Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

Which band do each of these guys lead? 

It'd be so much easier to choose one if I knew which band they were with.

Do you really not know, Doc? ... well, it can't affect your voting cos how much can you admire someone if you don't which country he's leading?
"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 16:51
Originally posted by Trotsky Trotsky wrote:

Do you really not know, Doc? ... well, it can't affect your voting cos how much can you admire someone if you don't which country he's leading?

Oh this isn't a music question?    Oops I'm in the wrong section for music polls. 

So who are these guys then? Didn't Tony Blair once have a singing career with the Beatles as his backing band? 

I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 17:38

Oh this isn't a music question?    Oops I'm in the wrong section for music polls. 

So who are these guys then? Didn't Tony Blair once have a singing career with the Beatles as his backing band? 

No he played guitar for Roger Tayler

Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

The Wizard View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 18:22

Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

We are doomed

We most certainly are!

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 11:39
Originally posted by Andrea Cortese Andrea Cortese wrote:

Blair

Bush

Chirac  * 100 =lots of  

I'm going way out on a limb here and saying Sharon. Has the old warmonger done a good thing by leaving his party and going on his own to try and broker peace with arabs? Would be nice to think he has... 

Typical Britsih view on anti-french feelings.

Yes, Chirac is a crook but the man has flashes of brilliance (he has more of them in his second term than in his firt term as president) although this is all too rare.But the man has balls which is more than Bush or Berlusconi (or Aznar)  did by sucking up to Bush!!

In my mind he (chirac) is a lesser evil because every one knows what he is about and no-one trusts him in his own country. This is where Blair (however diminished he is with his own Irak Gate) and Berlusconi (will find out soon once they find the real motives of his decision are discovered) will pay the price for it (I hope).

let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 11:46
Our world leader should be 3CPO
Phil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 11:49
Originally posted by The Wizard The Wizard wrote:

We are doomed

We most certainly are!

yes when you look down the list somehow the final option seems quite appropriate......
...actually I am a bit worried that George W is picking up votes......

Edited by Phil
Xymphony View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 12:02
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

But the man has balls which is more than Bush or Berlusconi (or Aznar)  did by sucking up to Bush!!

Bush? Like Marilyn Manson?

Joking, you meant Blair i think...

Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 13:56

Blair

Bush

Chirac  * 100 =lots of  

Typical Britsih view on anti-french feelings.

Yes, Chirac is a crook but the man has flashes of brilliance (he has more of them in his second term than in his firt term as president) although this is all too rare.But the man has balls which is more than Bush or Berlusconi (or Aznar)  did by sucking up to Bush!!

In my mind he (chirac) is a lesser evil because every one knows what he is about and no-one trusts him in his own country. This is where Blair (however diminished he is with his own Irak Gate) and Berlusconi (will find out soon once they find the real motives of his decision are discovered) will pay the price for it (I hope).

Hello Hughes,

In Italy all the most important journalists (the greatest part of them are against Berlusconi) assured the people that Bush would have lose elections. They were not sure, they were SUPER-SURE (is it correct? I doubt it).

The result was the opposite! And what was the reason their intelligent minds could find out to justify the clear error? Americans are ignorant or, at least, fundemantalists!!

Now, I think the problem is not who are americans (that I respect, without sucking up none of them!), the problem is what kind of journalists we have in our countries! They do not distinguish their political passions from reality! Doing so, they deprive american people of the respect they deserve, not as americans, but as people who are voting democratically the president they think is better in that momen for their country!! they also deprive us of journalism!!!

This is one of the best things in the world! The greatest part of it doesn't have this freedom to chose and not to be doomed!

We cannot say our opponent is EVIL only because he's our opponent! we cannot call ignorant or brainwashed the people only because they vote Bush or Berlusconi!

This is something I have to fight for!!

I admit I have exaggerated with Chirac...that's because italian is naturally (and friendly!!) rival of frech!!

I disagree with the french government who seems to be always against USA...this is their grandeur?

See you soon!

Andrea

Edited by Andrea Cortese
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 15:31
Yea . I admit, I voted for Bush. accidentally... I meant to click Blair
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 15:39

Actually no, Tony Blair went to the same school as Mr.Bean (Rowan Atkinson)...

Dont blame his stupidity

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 15:54
>We cannot say our opponent is EVIL only because he's our >opponent! we cannot call ignorant or brainwashed the >people only because they vote Bush or Berlusconi!

We can.
1) USA won't have petroleum in 10 years, that's the only reason why they invaded Irak.
2) USA didn't sign Kyoto agreement, the result is this weather change which can be irreversible if we don't stop pollution soon.
3) USA fight to condemn: lack of human rights, of justice, make countries be disarmed... and at the same time fight to have some immunity, to not comply it.
4) There are less rights and freedom for USA citiziens, since Bush make people have fear, and the answer against what we 'fear' is violence. Besides, how can America be a democracy having harassment, misinformation, lack of judicial rights and torture inside their own country?
5) Disobedience on International agreements, attacking United Nations' politic architecture, break conventions of Ginebra, cancelling nuclear agreement that was signed with USSR, putting theirself above of international laws. That sounds like the beginning of IV Reich.
6) Multinational companies and neoliberalism carry unsupportive, individual and selfish ideals.
7) Bush is a marionette, he has pressures to rule his country to an economic interest.
8) Bible has been historically used by dictators, psychos, 'saviors' of humanity. The book is usualy manipulated and misunderstood by them.
9) Since Bush declared war against terrorism, terrorism increased; USA is part of the problem.
Etc.
Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 16:50

Originally posted by fm0210 fm0210 wrote:

>We cannot say our opponent is EVIL only because he's our >opponent! we cannot call ignorant or brainwashed the >people only because they vote Bush or Berlusconi!

We can.
1) USA won't have petroleum in 10 years, that's the only reason why they invaded Irak.
2) USA didn't sign Kyoto agreement, the result is this weather change which can be irreversible if we don't stop pollution soon.
3) USA fight to condemn: lack of human rights, of justice, make countries be disarmed... and at the same time fight to have some immunity, to not comply it.
4) There are less rights and freedom for USA citiziens, since Bush make people have fear, and the answer against what we 'fear' is violence. Besides, how can America be a democracy having harassment, misinformation, lack of judicial rights and torture inside their own country?
5) Disobedience on International agreements, attacking United Nations' politic architecture, break conventions of Ginebra, cancelling nuclear agreement that was signed with USSR, putting theirself above of international laws. That sounds like the beginning of IV Reich.
6) Multinational companies and neoliberalism carry unsupportive, individual and selfish ideals.
7) Bush is a marionette, he has pressures to rule his country to an economic interest.
8) Bible has been historically used by dictators, psychos, 'saviors' of humanity. The book is usualy manipulated and misunderstood by them.
9) Since Bush declared war against terrorism, terrorism increased; USA is part of the problem.
Etc.

ClemofNazareth View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Folk Researcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 18:15
Originally posted by Phil Phil wrote:

Originally posted by The Wizard The Wizard wrote:

We are doomed

We most certainly are!

yes when you look down the list somehow the final option seems quite appropriate......
...actually I am a bit worried that George W is picking up votes......

"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus
ClemofNazareth View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Folk Researcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 22:30

Originally posted by fm0210 fm0210 wrote:

We can.
Etc.

Geez, somebody needs a hug .

Seriously though, for whatever it's worth, I don't believe it's the USA you should be pointing to as the problem.  I think it's the flaws of government in general, which is a problem we all share.  In the past two elections in our country a total of 112 million people voted for Bush (50M in 2000 and 62M in 2004).  That equals only 49% of the 227 million people who voted in the two elections, and does not account for the roughly 342 million people in the two elections combined who either did not (or could not) vote.  Throw in the 11 million "illegal" aliens living and working inside our borders, and we're left with a president who was put into office with only 21% of the people living here having voted to put him there.  Representative government, my ass!!

But what are the alternatives?  Totalitarianism?  Anarchy?  Communism?  I consider myself to be a rabid student of history, both in my university studies, and in daily life, and I have yet to come across a system of government that works any better.  And since juntas, civil wars, and revolutions are no longer en vogue over here (and dumping tea in harbors doesn't have the same zing it once did), the only viable options the 61 million of us who voted against Bush in 2004 have is to keep trying.  We have made gains in this off-year cycle in local and state elections around the country, and I am confident in 2006 we will see a major shift of power in Congress.  By 2008, we should all be able to celebrate ushering the Bush cartel and his crusading army of self-seving zealots out of power.  I for one can't wait!

"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2005 at 03:18
Originally posted by Xymphony Xymphony wrote:

But the man has balls which is more than Bush or Berlusconi (or Aznar)  did by sucking up to Bush!!

Bush? Like Marilyn Manson?

Joking, you meant Blair i think...

Feudian slip there!!!

Yes I did!

let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>