Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSounds like a good Tull dvd...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sounds like a good Tull dvd...
    Posted: February 12 2004 at 16:09

I saw this on the Wayside Records site, thought I'd pass it on...sorry for the weird formatting, not sure why it's doing this...

Item ID:

< =image src="http://www.waysidemusic.com/Merchant/buynow.gif">  
Artist: Jethro Tull
Title: A New Day Yesterday : The 25th Anniverary Collection NTSC DVD
Price: $20.00
This is pretty great, if you are a Tull fan. I wish that there was more stuff from 1968 - 1973, but there just isn't that much good archival footage out there. Here's what you get : Introduction/Living In The Past (live) – Brussels ‘93 • Nothing Is Easy (live) – Isle of Wight ‘70 • 25th Anniversary Reunion • Teacher (live) French TV ‘70 • Witch’s Promise (live) – BBC Top Of The Pops ‘70 • Story Of The Hare Who Lost His Spectacles • Minstrel In The Gallery (live) – Paris ‘75 • Aqualung (live) – BBC Sight & Sound ‘77 • Thick As A Brick Rehearsal/ Thick As . . . (live) – Madison Square Garden ‘78 • Songs From The Wood (live) – London ‘80 • Too Old To Rock N Roll . . . – Promo Video Clip ‘80 • Kissing Willie – Promo Video Clip ‘89 • 25th Anniversary Tour Rehearsals/ My god • Rocks On The Road – Promo Video ‘91 • A New Day Yesterday (live) – Promo Video • Teacher (live) – French TV ’70 complete performance • Witch’s Promise 9live) – BBC Top Of The Pops ’70 complete performance • Story Of The Hare Who Lost His Spectacles – Passion Play Tour ‘73 • Aqualung (live) – BBC Sight & Sound ’70 complete performance • Kissing Willie – full promo video ‘89 • Rocks On The Road – full promo video ‘91 • Living In The Past (live) – Brussels ’93 complete performance [Chrysalis]
'This is a local shop, there's nothing for you here'
Stormcrow View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2004 at 19:01

Shazam!

<SMILIE>  I want one!  <SMILIE>

Paco Fox View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2004 at 03:34

Hi:

This DVD features the same content of the 25th Annyversary VHS that came out some time ago. It's not bad, and the interviews are interesting, but is also a bit frustrating and a clear case of greed or lazyness: instead of compiling every Tull viedeo clip in one DVD, with the interviews from the 20th and 25th anniversary videos as extras (maybe a 2 DVD set), thay prefer re-releasing this thing. It is frustrating, as you get to see excerpt of some clips that were featured in the 20th A. video (and that's why they weren't featured here: it was supposed to be a companion to the previous VHS, as well as the music box sets were complementary)

Regards

Aqualung View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2004 at 09:00

"Closer to the heart"
 Post Reply Post Reply