Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 07:39
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Originally posted by The Doctor The Doctor wrote:

I'm not sure...

It'd be that black book that goes on and on about god and jesus and stuff.

...........still not sure...

Ok...I've searched through some dusty tomes, and I found a big black book! It doesn't say Bible on the cover though, it says "Necromicon".......is that bible in another language?

Lindsay Lohan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 07:42

I'm not sure...

Ok...I've searched through some dusty tomes, and I found a big black book! It doesn't say Bible on the cover though, it says "Necromicon".......is that bible in another language?

Its always amazing to se how many polls that has "not sure" as an option forexample i remember seeing a poll that was "Have you grilled this year?" and the options are Yes, No and Not Sure and there is always 1 or 2 percent that votes not sure...hu humm bloody daft if you ask me...

And that book was it not the book from those Evil Dead Movies

Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 07:47

I'm not sure...

As for me, I own four Bibles in Polish and one in English, plus one or two separate editions of the New Testament and a number of commentaries on it... not to insult anyone here, but it's thanks to this book (these books) that I'm not Christian anymore. I'd also love to get my hands on the Qu'ran, the Talmud and the other main writings of various religions - I have plenty of commentaries on them, but not the main texts, sadly. And anyone who thinks buying a Bible is a waste of money is very wrong. Even if you don't believe it, it's still an immensly interesting book. 

"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 07:51
Originally posted by Manunkind Manunkind wrote:

I'm not sure...

As for me, I own four Bibles in Polish and one in English, plus one or two separate editions of the New Testament and a number of commentaries on it... not to insult anyone here, but it's thanks to this book (these books) that I'm not Christian anymore. I'd also love to get my hands on the Qu'ran, the Talmud and the other main writings of various religions - I have plenty of commentaries on them, but not the main texts, sadly. And anyone who thinks buying a Bible is a waste of money is very wrong. Even if you don't believe it, it's still an immensly interesting book. 

And if you are really cool you can and quote it all day long and people will think you are more intelligent...or a serial killer

Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 07:55
Originally posted by Lindsay Lohan Lindsay Lohan wrote:

I'm not sure...

And if you are really cool you can and quote it all day long and people will think you are more intelligent...or a serial killer

Lindsay, it seems your name is Legion.

And I don't think Sam Jackson really quoted the Bible in "Pulp Fiction".

"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 07:59
Originally posted by Manukind Manukind wrote:

Whats that supposed to mean?

Edited by Lindsay Lohan
Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 08:01

Look it up. It's a very interesting story. I don't remember whose Gospel (Matthew's, Mark's, Luke's or John's) it is from, though...

EDIT: Check all these Gospels, if you find the story in more than one, read all the versions.

Edited by Manunkind
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 08:08

Look it up. It's a very interesting story. I don't remember whose Gospel (Matthew's, Mark's, Luke's or John's) it is from, though...

EDIT: Check all these Gospels, if you find the story in more than one, read all the versions.

Hmm do you know the bible inwards and outwards?

Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 08:13

I wish I did, but then again I wish the same about almost every book I've ever read. Many post-reformationalist (a very general term, I know) Christians know the Bible by heart. Few Catholics (the faith I was brought up in) do.

And you don't need to read the Bible to know some sections of it well. It's enough if you go to mass - many sections are read out and repeated year after year.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 08:27

I wish I did, but then again I wish the same about almost every book I've ever read. Many post-reformationalist (a very general term, I know) Christians know the Bible by heart. Few Catholics (the faith I was brought up in) do.

And you don't need to read the Bible to know some sections of it well. It's enough if you go to mass - many sections are read out and repeated year after year.

Ah well i know most of the stories of the bible but cant seem to remember Linsay being a biblical name

Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 08:33

Ah well i know most of the stories of the bible but cant seem to remember Linsay being a biblical name

Don't know about Lindsay, but Legion is a biblical name. Don't you remember the story? It's quite well-known.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 08:35

Don't know about Lindsay, but Legion is a biblical name. Don't you remember the story? It's quite well-known.

Aha but wher is the connection between Lindsay and Legion

Edited by Lindsay Lohan
Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 08:39

you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many

You are many, Lindsay.

And you have many names.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 08:44

you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many you are many

You are many, Lindsay.

And you have many names.

Ah amazing is that supposed to be a riddle

Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 08:46

You are many, Lindsay.

And you have many names.

Ah amazing is that supposed to be a riddle

Not really, but the words were supposed to have spread out evenly.

Syzygy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 17:59

I don't own a copy but I have read it and I greatly admire the language of the King James version, even though I don't believe in any of it.

'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 18:02
^ Now that is one Bible edition I have to lay my heathen hands on.
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 18:22

WE ARE LEGION!

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 18:26
Yes.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>