Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThose really unknown good bands...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Those really unknown good bands...
    Posted: December 05 2005 at 13:11
This is not a surprising topic, I think, since the world has so many bands to offer to those who are actually looking for something new for the ears (and the mind). My band is CONGRESO, with their perfect sense of balance between musical excellence and conceptual contents. This band is like a resume of the folckloric roots of my super tiny country, with elements of contemporary music, some jazz, etc. Somehow, their fusion works perfectly. A little sad, though. Language can be an issue, because lyrics are also something to pay atention on this band, but you can always try their ballet music album "Los fuegos del hielo". World / RIO music, with a touch of poetry, a long discography, and widely unknown (here, they are a legend, but their comitment to art integrity has prevent them to reach some markets, I guess). Check on them at www.congreso.scd.cl (The website is mine, I donate it just because of the music). And submit your own superunknown band.
ĦBeware of the Bee!

Logos View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 16:12

Nemesis (Finland)

I've never heard anyone in the whole world except for a few fellow proggers in Finland mention this really obscure (yet great) Finnish band. The band is a 2-man experimental (progressive?) all-keyboard band, heavily influenced by Tangerine Dream , Klaus Schulze etc.

Post Reply Post Reply