Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedworst kate bush song..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Folk Researcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 21:09

Originally posted by GTOMax GTOMax wrote:

This is probably not the best thing to post as my first message, but didn't anyone think that Hounds of Love was just a little too weird?  I mean, a few of those songs reminded me of a Listerine commercial or something -- and when she starts growling of a dog, well, I now know where they got the idea for Sigorney Weaver's character in Ghostbusters originally. 

I'm sure Kate is mostly sane, but most of her material is just too much for me -- I listen to some pretty weird stuff, too.  Hell, I own a whole bunch of Penderecki recordings and find them to be less weird (Magnificat, Threnody can't outcreep Hounds of Love).

Wow, don't know what message you were going for with the Manson photo, but "potentially-dangerous-and-mildly-retarded-30-year-old-web-s talker-who-lives-in-his-mother's-apartment-and-has-a-newspap er-delivery-route" is what it says to me.  Creepy.

Anyway, I don't really see what the point is to these "most sucky song/band/album/artist" threads either, but since I'm already here -

solo sucky song:
Sexual Healing - no one besides Marvin Gaye should ever sing that song

duo sucky song:
Comfortably Numb w/Dave Gilmour - just horrid

bonus:
This Woman's Work - not bad necessarily, but I really didn't get the point to this one

And in the interest of balance, some of my personal favorites -

Hounds of Love
Wuthering Heights
Kite
Running Up That Hill

Edited by ClemofNazareth
"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 08:08
Originally posted by soundsweird soundsweird wrote:

Worst song:  The song she does with Prince on "Red Shoes", "Why Should I Love You?"

I have to agree somewhat with Jojim about "Aerial"; although I found several tracks to like, I think that the woman has lost her edge.  I also feel that her gift for melody has abandoned her; most of the songs get a groove going, and that's about it.  No "verse, chorus, verse, bridge, chorus" songs (with a few exceptions).  The song "Bertie" could have been great if not for the cloying lyrics.  But mostly, it's the fact that she never lets loose on this album.  It makes for a lack of contrast, chugging along at mid-tempo.  Moments of power or delicacy are missing in action.

&nbs p;          &n bsp;                              &nbs p;          &n bsp;       

I like "Why should I love you"! I think you have a point about the melodies on "Aerial" but if you bear with it, you will hopefully find it grows on you, especially the second CD.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123