FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRhapsody

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 07:28
I think that there is a serious lack of respect for classical music showing in this thread. Rhapsody are successfully combining classical music and metal, and more so than most of the bands which have been mentioned. You may not like them, you may not think that they're prog, but you have to give them that.
Bob Greece View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 08:15

Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia MikeEnRegalia wrote:

I think that there is a serious lack of respect for classical music showing in this thread. Rhapsody are successfully combining classical music and metal, and more so than most of the bands which have been mentioned. You may not like them, you may not think that they're prog, but you have to give them that.

The idea of mixing classical music and metal is great but I don't like the way that Rhapsody do it. They place too much emphasis on choirs and don't use the other classical instruments to full effect. I think that Yngwie Malmsteen can make a better use of a classical orchestra.

why not View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 08:35
oh no! i honestly think that mamsteen would just mess things up completely. rhapsody are more unique and creative than he is. when i listen to rhapsody i dont think "oh,ive heard that before" unlike when listening to mamsteen. yes rhapsody combine metal and classical music very good and i respect them for that as much as i respect classical music. but talking about mamsteen...id rather listen to tom delonge playing whats my age again   at least he doesnt start speeding which ussually destroys everythings that was composed so far. malsmteen IMO is something like da da da da TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. if you know what i mean
with a smile of a happy idiot
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 08:49

Originally posted by why not why not wrote:

oh no! i honestly think that mamsteen would just mess things up completely. rhapsody are more unique and creative than he is. when i listen to rhapsody i dont think "oh,ive heard that before" unlike when listening to mamsteen. yes rhapsody combine metal and classical music very good and i respect them for that as much as i respect classical music. but talking about mamsteen...id rather listen to tom delonge playing whats my age again   at least he doesnt start speeding which ussually destroys everythings that was composed so far. malsmteen IMO is something like da da da da TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. if you know what i mean

Have you heard Yngwie Malmsteen with the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra? Malmsteen really plays with feeling there - it's not just shredding.

why not View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 09:19
no i havent. i had enough of him while listening to G3 concert and some kind of album   i only judge him of something he does on his solo carrer. though it would be interesting to hear him in the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 09:26

no i havent. i had enough of him while listening to G3 concert and some kind of album   i only judge him of something he does on his solo carrer. though it would be interesting to hear him in the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra.

The song "Fugue" off the G3 album is taken from his album with the Czech Philharmonic so you've already heard it. You'd better stick with Rhapsody then.

why not View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 09:28

Hm interesting.. i think ill stick with KC's Lizard

MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 09:53
Originally posted by Bob Greece Bob Greece wrote:

Have you heard Yngwie Malmsteen with the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra? Malmsteen really plays with feeling there - it's not just shredding.

I've heard his classical CD ... frankly, I didn't like it at all because I think that it is not a real combination. The orchestra musicians do their thing, and Malmsteen does his usual stuff. Also, the arrangements are not properly done and often the guitar conflicts with the other instruments (range-wise).

why not View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 09:57
for me theres allways something wrong in malmsteens music
spo1977 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 22:11
I think Rhapsody is a little bit overblown.  I traded the debut cd in shortly after buying it.
Zarquino View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 11:10
Their problem is the non-evolution, more based on selling lp's than it music itseld. I like much more the luca turilli's 2nd cd, don't now why. They were my favourite band, but now I find them too boring.

Ahm? Prog???? :S Power metal. Typical Power Metal
There's nothing left to loose
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123