Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGet prepared for DT Spore concert!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get prepared for DT Spore concert!!!
    Posted: January 20 2006 at 03:35

Friends, ...

What a BIG day next week (yeah ...!!! eaxactly another 7 days!) when on 27th January 2006 DREAM THEATER will do a concert at SIngapore Indoor Stadium commemorating their 20th Anniversary.

Well, it was all started with a BIG REGRET as we, all Indonesian proggers, were very very disappointed that the DT planned Jakarta Tour which was previously scheduled on 29th January (two days after Spore concert) was finally cancelled (how dare you were, Mr Portnoy?), with no clear reason. I even made a big announcement on my review of Falling Into Infinity at this site weeks before cancellation date. When we heard that DT would do a concert in Jakarta, all of us were very excited and made a lot of plans so that we, the Dream Theater Fans in Indonesia as well as IPS (Indonesian Progressive Society), would make Portnoy, Myung, Petrucci, Rudess and LaBriell stay in Jakarta is memorable. Yeah ... we have a great passion for prog!!!! We love DT very much .....!!!!

Long Live DT!!!!

We are proud that from that BIG REGRET and DISAPPOINTMENT we could finally turn it into another EXCITEMENT as some of us decided to fly to Singapore for the show. That means another dollars for us because the transportaion cost to Singapore is very expensive for most of us. It ranges from USD 200 - 300 per person plus accommodation cost. Some of us were trying to find the cheapest airfare and we got a solution (that's the beauty of having prog mind; we always think "solution" instead of "problem") through an in-country flight to Batam Island and get across to Singapore by boat. That's cheaper and it reduces some airfare. Then we have also another solution on accommodation cost during our overnight stay in Spore. I contacted old time friends (some of them are proggers some are just rockers) who work in Singapore and finally get them to offer us an overnight stay overthere!!! Thank to Rizal Fedex and Didik Rachmadi. Rizal is my prog-buddy and regular supplier of latest records of prog CD, while mas Didik is our long-time prog friends. When we watched Yes concert on 25 September 2003, seven people from Jakarta stayed at mas Didik's apartment. That's the beauty of having many prog friends man ...!!! And .. by nature .. prog unites people! (beacuse not so many people like us, especially in my country)

Twenty of Us

You know how many of us will go to Spore? As far as they "are" connected with me, I know there are twenty Indonesian proggers will sit in the stadium. Yeah man!!! WE WILL ROCK THE SPORE INDOOR STADIUM!!!! In order to make next week concert is so special for us (hey, some of us has never gone abroad and for this concert we have to make passport, just for the show!), we have agreed to use the same design of T Shirt self made by our friend, Andre. He has produced exactly 20 pieces of T shirt. And you know what is the write-u at the T SHIRT?:

WHEN DREAM THEATER AND INDONESIA UNITE?

The Number May Grow ...

Yeah ... the number of people from Indonesia (from Jakarta and Surabaya) might grow in couple of days. This proves to be right as last night a friend of mine, Tatan, told me that he could not afford for not bringing his 9-year old son and his mother to seat in for the show. This merely happened because the dad introduced him theLIVE AT BUDOKAN DVD and he could not blink his eyes watching the TV screen, amazed with how the five gentlemen did a wonderful performance. Since then, he always watched the DVD and very excited with DT music. So ... he's gonna be the youngest crowd of the 27th January concert! I can't wait any longer .. it's 7 days to go .....!!!

We call the troop of Indonesian DT fans who would flock to Singapore next week as SACRIFICED SONS!!!!

Yeah ... after the concert, I will write long review ... of course!!!!

See ya ......in Singapore!

Trotsky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 04:06

Have a great time Gatot!

Are any of the other Indon PA members going?

PM if you think that you might come near KL!

"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."
Gatot View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 04:27

Thanks Trotsky!

Yes, Kunangkunangku will join us as well. Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh!!!!

BTW, why don't you join us? One of our Indonesian friends who work in KL will also join us on 27 January. Come on Trotsky, we can chat abou prog ...!!!

Salam,

Gatot

BayuIndra View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 08:09

Always writes with great enthusiasm. Oom G !!!

I might will overtake you by seeing the concert on 25th at Bangkok, but I believe it will not be as much as fun as you guys will have there at Singapore!!!

rgds,
BI
Gatot View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 21:43

BayuIndra,

It takes just an hour to fly to Spore. Why don't you join us?

Kopkun ...

Salam,

Gatot

Trotsky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 03:35
Enjoy, kawan-kawan!

Yes, gatot. it would be great to see you & pur & the gang ... but alas, I will not be there ... ... I am not sure if alatas is going either ...

Amazingly I'm not really a concert kind of guy ...

I even avoided the Yes concert in Singapore 2 years ago, because for the ticket, travel and lodging price I can get 8-10 prog CDs I can listen to for life ... and since both Yes and Dream Theater are considered so "fringe" that their record companies won't be shelling out ... I don't expect to be going anytime soon for any band in Singapore ...

Again, though have a great time!
"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."
JayDee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 05:57

I wish i could go there! Im such a big DT fanboy!

Enjoy the show!

mortem View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 12:08
Awesome!!! Looking forward to read your review and setlist since they're playing here on March 3rd!
 Post Reply Post Reply