FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAcquired Taste to record demo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acquired Taste to record demo
    Posted: October 11 2004 at 13:49

in mid-november my band shall be going to the studio to record a demo (though we have enough material for an album, we will just take our 5 best songs) so how does this relate to prog? well it doesn't really at the moment, but we have been working very hard on trying to make our music more complex, and adding structure and sections to it. at the moment the proggiest thing we have is about 7 minutes or so. it's a song with just a chorus, and solos in place of the verses. and we make sure everyone has a solo section. i know it's not that much of proganything, but it's a start. we have been working with some fx's and are trying to add in some ultra cool crazy intros and such. so we (well there are only really two in the band who listen to prog, myself being one) have been trying to get some more complex stuff in, and our jazz fans (alto sax player, trumpet player) are adding there own bits of advice, as jazz does have some paralles in it's own music. we have been working with all sorts of genres. we have a blues song (no words for it yet, just some crazy blues scale solos by my part, and justin's) some hip hop (soon to be reggea) and basically ska.

*Remember all advice given by Asuma is for entertainment purposes only. Asuma is not a licensed medical doctor, psychologist, or counselor and he does not play one on TV.*
 Post Reply Post Reply