FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDonald Fagen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donald Fagen
    Posted: February 06 2006 at 09:04
I don't know if there are any other fans of Steely Dan/ Fagen/Becker out there but if there are, in case you don't know, I just found out that Donald Fagen is releasing the third of his trilogy of solo albums, "Morph the Cat", on 7th March.

Only nearly 25 years spanning them....!!..."The Nightfly" (one of my all time fave albums) came out in 1982; "Kamikiriad" in 1993; and now the final chapter is 2006!! It's been a long time coming Donald....
Trotsky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 12:17
That's interesting news ... I was once such a fan that I got Steely Dan Gold (despite having all but one of the studio albums) just to get the two Donald Fagen tracks Century's End & True Companion that weren't on The Nightfly or Kamakiriad ...

must admit though that I've gone off both SD and Fagen's solo work in recent times ... just recently was thinking of trimming my collection down to just a compile, Can't Buy A Thrill and Countdown To Ecstasy ... and Nightfly of course
"Death to Utopia! Death to faith! Death to love! Death to hope?" thunders the 20th century. "Surrender, you pathetic dreamer.”

"No" replies the unhumbled optimist "You are only the present."
Moogtron III View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 14:35

That's good news, thanks for telling this!

There's some fantastic stuff on his Donald's two solo albums! I, myself, really like New Frontier, I.G.Y. and the last 4 tracks on Kamakiriad.

Biggles View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 19:15
Cool, I'll check it out. I love every SD album up until their break-up in 1980. I've heard Two Against Nature, The Nightfly, and Kamakiriad once each, and knowing how SD albums usually take some getting used to before one understands their value, I'll reserve my judgement until I've heard each of those a few more times. Gotta say from my initial impression of Two Against Nature, though, that it isn't as good as the first incarnation albums. But I'll give it a few more lessons.
The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

IcedSabbath View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 21:57
Originally posted by Biggles Biggles wrote:

Cool, I'll check it out. I love every SD album up until their break-up in 1980. I've heard Two Against Nature, The Nightfly, and Kamakiriad once each, and knowing how SD albums usually take some getting used to before one understands their value, I'll reserve my judgement until I've heard each of those a few more times. Gotta say from my initial impression of Two Against Nature, though, that it isn't as good as the first incarnation albums. But I'll give it a few more lessons.

I'm a huge Dan fan, myself. Personally, I thought Two Against Nature was excellent. Definitely give that another listen. Everything Must Go was a bit of a letdown, though. I still haven't been able to get into that one.
 Post Reply Post Reply