FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedis like a mirror of my life

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: is like a mirror of my life
    Posted: February 10 2006 at 03:47

SOME ALBUNS JUST CHANGE YOUR LIFE.FOR ME REMEDY LANE FOR PAIN OF SALVATION IT MAKES ME CRY AND TOUCH ME SOO DEEP.SEE, MY WIFE WAS 6 MONTHS PREGNAT AND LOST THE BABY.AND WHEN I LISTEN THAT ALBUN I FEEL LIKE IM PART OF IT.THE LIRICS THE MUSIC EVERYTHING,IS A VERY STRONG EXPERIENCE,BUT IT ALSO HELP ME TO GET BETTER AND KEEP GOING IN LIFE.SO WHO HAVE A EXPERIENTS LIKE THAT TO SHARE WITH .THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU. SORRY FOR MY VAD ENGHISH

Edited by martinprog77
Phil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 04:27
heck, Martin that's rough, hope you and your wife are doing OK. I can't say I know any album that has the same meaning for me, but then I've never had such an experience. All the best.
Thufir Hawat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 05:38

I’m sorry for you experience. I think that Solitary Shell

By Dream Theater is a retelling of my life so far.

"I can't see through my eye lids"
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 05:45

Martin

That is a sad story, indeed, and I too wish you all the best.

The closest experi 'And then there were three' by Genesis. It may not be the prog worlds idea of a great Genesis album, but it was the first Genesis album I heard. I discovered the band at a time when my father was dying with cancer. I was about 15 and some of the songs on that album moved me a great deal, especially 'Undertow' and 'Say it's alright Joe' but it was winter time, and I just remember comparing that dark sky on the album cover to the sky outside as I listened to the music, and waited for my father to return home from Hospital, to spend his last days with us. It may sound like I found the music depressing, but that album was like a plastic buddy to me in those dark day. It's full of happy moments and dark corners and I'll always love it.

Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
goose View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 06:23
Originally posted by martinprog77 martinprog77 wrote:

SOME ALBUNS JUST CHANGE YOUR LIFE.FOR ME REMEDY LANE FOR PAIN OF SALVATION IT MAKES ME CRY AND TOUCH ME SOO DEEP.SEE, MY WIFE WAS 6 MONTHS PREGNAT AND LOST THE BABY.AND WHEN I LISTEN THAT ALBUN I FEEL LIKE IM PART OF IT.THE LIRICS THE MUSIC EVERYTHING,IS A VERY STRONG EXPERIENCE,BUT IT ALSO HELP ME TO GET BETTER AND KEEP GOING IN LIFE.SO WHO HAVE A EXPERIENTS LIKE THAT TO SHARE WITH .THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU. SORRY FOR MY VAD ENGHISH

I can only echo everyone else's commiserations for your story and wish you all the best. But thank goodness we have music that can help us through these bad times, and bring us through to celebrate when life takes a turn for the better    .
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 08:02
Originally posted by goose goose wrote:

Originally posted by martinprog77 martinprog77 wrote:

I can only echo everyone else's commiserations for your story and wish you all the best. But thank goodness we have music that can help us through these bad times, and bring us through to celebrate when life takes a turn for the better    .

Here here! 

Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
jojim View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 10:47
I'm a bit ashamed to name the song that "pulled" me through a 2 month hospital stay when I was 23. The single "Music" by John Miles made me so happy at that time that I knew from there on that "music was my first love". And perhaps it will be my last. But I don't hope so. It's going pretty well at the moment. But Prog will accompany my life anyway. 
YES - Close to the edge / UK - UK / GENESIS - The lamb lies down / KING CRIMSON - Discipline / MIKE OLDFIELD - Tubular bells / JETHRO TULL - Aqualung / GENTLE GIANT - Three friends / TMO - IMF
R_DeNIRO View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 11:16
I'm totally agree with you Martin77, I have a terrible experience with my girlfriend and this album of Pain Of Salvation describe emotions like any other. It's difficult for me not cry when I listen to Second love or Beyond The Pale and remember all those things. Daniel Gildenlow is the best vocalist I've never seen, he transmit beauty, anger and sadness like any other singer. It's obvious that he suffer a lot and put all these suffering into the album. Now we can share the pain with him in that masterpiece called Remedy Lane.
We were always be much human than we whish to be.
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 11:22

Originally posted by Phil Phil wrote:

heck, Martin that's rough, hope you and your wife are doing OK. I can't say I know any album that has the same meaning for me, but then I've never had such an experience. All the best.

well said

cuncuna View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 11:29
That's the kind of experience that can get you even closer to your significant other. Very sad indeed. Art can often offer some kind of relief to stressful situations. As someone just said, I also don't have that kind of experience, so I also can't tell about any album...
¡Beware of the Bee!

martinprog77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 04:09
thank you guys for your coments love and support that you show me .YOU GUYS RULES!!!!.GOD BLESS EVERYBODY AND I WHISH YOU ALL THE BEST.THANK YOU
Bob Greece View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 04:41
I'm sorry to hear your bad news. The same thing happened to me. Actually it is more common than you think, particularly on the first pregnancy. The good news is that the second time, we were lucky and we now have a little girl. I'm sure that if you keep trying, you will be lucky. I am hoping for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply