Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Recommend...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 112>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tailings View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tailings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 14:13
Autechre _NTS Sessions_

A massive leap forward for the duo.  8 hours! long, autechre have opened their songs as if time and space have been expanded.  And within the gaps between they have found a minutiae of details that once again keep ae at the forefront of tomorrow's music today.  What _Selected Ambient Works Volume II_ was to the 1990's, _NTS Sessions_ is to the present.  Which is to say the future.

Prog or not, highly recommended.
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2019 at 17:01
Colorful & peaceful Pedal Steel arrangement 

Edited by jayem - May 02 2019 at 17:02
Prog-Brazil View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-Brazil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 12:27
Brazillian music, psychedelic, world music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6T7a04KOBA
Let the sunshine in
Sgt Pepper View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Pepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2019 at 11:05
Just recieved this album today, very highly recomended. Soup-Remedies

Edited by Sgt Pepper - August 10 2019 at 11:07
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Pepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2019 at 00:40
Gandalfs Fist- The Clockwork Fable

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Pepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2019 at 00:42
Big Big Train- Second Brightest Star

Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Pepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2019 at 11:00

Edited by Sgt Pepper - August 11 2019 at 11:01
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Pepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2019 at 15:23
Sander59 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sander59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2019 at 08:55
I would like to bring Autum's Mourning to the attention. A Swedish band having so far produced the EP Gotland. The title track, in Swedish, is awesome. 16:22 minutes with different styles, tempo changes and ranging from grunting to actual singing.

The Canadian ban Huis is also certainly a listen worth.

The Dutch band DOOL (album Here Now There Then) is also a recommendation. The opening track Vantablack alone is wirth the purchase.

For the lovers of Rammstein, give Rottenburg a listen. 
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2019 at 09:45
Originally posted by Sgt Pepper Sgt Pepper wrote:

Just recieved this album today, very highly recomended. Soup-Remedies

Love it to death!!!
ProgRockWaterfall View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgRockWaterfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2019 at 09:49
The Dalton Correction deserves some proper listening:
Ozric_Gnome View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozric_Gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2019 at 06:45
Lemmings - Bachdenkel
This album is so underrated! 70's psychedelic prog at it's best. The moody guitar progressions, strange vocal delivery, and wonderful lyricism make for a beautiful, transcendent experience. I tear up almost every time I listen to it (especially while high ;).
rsinatra View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsinatra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2019 at 09:27

Just submitted this on "Suggest new bands and artists". 
My album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y37kyLNUg78
progaholic6 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaholic6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2019 at 07:55
Yonder Pond

I absolutely recommend Yonder Pond for inclusion in your site. Many will have become familiar with the band this month when a track from their debut album 'Pondering Aloud' was included in the free CD with Prog magazine. 
The music is very much Prog but a sub-genre is difficult. The tracks are generally short, very melodic, fun and
accessible. Maybe symphonic/a bit of canterbury and 60's pop. The man behind Yonder Pond is Remy Strauli, who has a very broad musical background including Avant Jazz and Glam Punk. 

As a songwriter, Remy is unique; the tracks on Pondering Aloud are about a depressed potato, a naughty rabbit and the difficulties of a struggling artist amongst other things. As mentioned, the melodies are terrific and the musicianship, bright piano and flute, is outstanding. Refreshing and hugely enjoyable, I feel sure that Yonder Pond would be an excellent addition to your site.

Thank you
Roger Kent - progaholic6

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2019 at 08:05
^ Roger, it's good to have you around, and I understand you had not time enough to make the Grand Tour of OUR site, but let me show you where we have a dedicated thread for band suggestions

so in the future you can get more appropriate visibility for any suggestion you will like to make Thumbs Up
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Pepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2019 at 11:38
Originally posted by progaholic6 progaholic6 wrote:

Yonder Pond

I absolutely recommend Yonder Pond for inclusion in your site. Many will have become familiar with the band this month when a track from their debut album 'Pondering Aloud' was included in the free CD with Prog magazine. 
The music is very much Prog but a sub-genre is difficult. The tracks are generally short, very melodic, fun and
accessible. Maybe symphonic/a bit of canterbury and 60's pop. The man behind Yonder Pond is Remy Strauli, who has a very broad musical background including Avant Jazz and Glam Punk. 

As a songwriter, Remy is unique; the tracks on Pondering Aloud are about a depressed potato, a naughty rabbit and the difficulties of a struggling artist amongst other things. As mentioned, the melodies are terrific and the musicianship, bright piano and flute, is outstanding. Refreshing and hugely enjoyable, I feel sure that Yonder Pond would be an excellent addition to your site.

Thank you
Roger Kent - progaholic6

Just ordered after listening to sample tracks, many thanks for the recomendation.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2019 at 11:48
Ray Alder— What The Water Wants (2019)

It is his first solo album and it is that of a good one.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
progaholic6 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaholic6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2019 at 08:46
Re Yonder Pond recommendation, do you want me to re-post it in the correct place?
peskypesky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peskypesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2019 at 12:44
I am LOVING this new album from Frank Wyatt and Friends.

Fantastic prog rock in the 70s style.

Edited by peskypesky - November 25 2019 at 12:51
Prog fan since 1974.
bertolino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bertolino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2019 at 03:34
I hope most of you understand that this is all "Happy the Man" but the name.  Frank Wyatt works on this for years; postponed for matters of health. I simply hope this is not HtM swansong. Specially pleases to see Kit Watkins on board for this one as he may be my favorite keaboardist. i just wait the cd version...
45 years of prog listening and still movin'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 105106107108109 112>