Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Recommend...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 112>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cornelius View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 06:16
I recommend,

Nosound ~ sol25 and Riverside ~ Anno Domini High Definition
I Like To Drink Cough Medicine..!
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 14:35
Originally posted by Cornelius Cornelius wrote:

I recommend,

Riverside is on my hit list to listen to. Probably gonna start with second life syndrome. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Arnokrusty View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arnokrusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 02:54
I recommend Keep it Deep from Belgium and their first Album Hatching!

You can also check their first music video: 

Edited by Arnokrusty - May 12 2013 at 02:55
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 10:02
Today's reccomendation is PSYCHOTIC WALTZ.

Psychotic Waltz is a vintage progressive metal band that are extremly underrated and not very well known. You can find them here on PA and its worth picking up their entire 4 disc studio discography. Actually, just recently Metalblade records inc just released 2 box sets containing all their material. You by both sets on amazon for just under 50$. A great deal if you ask me. Also, these sets are limited of course, so get your hands on these as fast as you can. It's very true with the reviews said about these sets 'a social grace' and 'into the ever flow' where by no prog metal collection is complete without these sets. :)
Koi View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 04:06
Here's a prog album we did a few years ago, had not listened to it for quite awhile, but it's actually a pretty good album if you can look past the kind of noobish recording quality. For fans of Porcupine Tree, Oceansize and Opeth.
Give it a spin, if you may. :)
http://www.koiband.net
Koi have signed with Progress Records,
check out their debut album.
For fans of PT, PoS, Opeth, Riverside, DT and Oceansize.
CRG View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 11:34
Divine Ratio's latest release 'Split by Unity' should definitely intrigue some of the more Toolish, Floydish type prog lovers. 

And yes, it is my band and you can freely stream the tracks via http://divineratio.com/music

My fav's are Riverside and Katatonia at the moment but also a huge and long time PT fan here. 

Cheers.
HarmonyDissonan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonyDissonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 13:24
Even though this group is not highly progressive by definition, I believe that based on some of the other groups that have been added to the site, that the South American group 'Vox Dei' should be included. If only for the small SA representation at PA. Their music is of top quality and one of their albums, 'La Biblia' is already at PA in the form of a tribute (cover) album in Various Artists (Concept albums and Themed Compilations). It is in the no.3 position in that category which should say something. I personally only have the Vox Dei original version, so I can't speak for the version listed on PA, but I do like the original and most of their recordings. As with anyone (group or artist) with a long career, there will be high and low points, but this is a group with a strong SA history with some very finely produced music.  So if anyone who might have the power to possibly nominate a new artist to PA were to read this, I would hope that you might consider Vox Dei for inclusion into PA. Thank you.

Sincerely,
                     Kim Jones     (HARMONYDISSONAN)  
Harmony and Dissonance
breton View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 14:11
Highly recommend Tesseract's new album streaming officially on their label's YouTube channel. Their music can be categorized as progressive metal/ambi-djent though they have really risen from the crowded and repetitive djent scene to stamp their presence with this unique offering. Certainly worth a listen with their new vocalist doing an exceptional job of not just replacing Dan, but crooning some exquisite melodies!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 22:10
Originally posted by breton breton wrote:

Highly recommend Tesseract's new album streaming officially on their label's YouTube channel. Their music can be categorized as <span style="line-height: 1.2;">progressive metal/ambi-djent</span><span style="line-height: 1.2;"> though they have really risen from the crowded and repetitive djent scene to stamp their presence with this unique offering. Certainly worth a listen with their new vocalist doing an exceptional job of not just replacing Dan, but crooning some exquisite melodies!</span>

Nice. I'm gonna probably buy this album. Like the opening track. :)
Thanks man
tomdavenport View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomdavenport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 05:51
Vienna Circle - 'Silhouette Moon'

Prog Magazine: "Occasionally an album appears from nowhere which contains material of such unexpected class that you wonder how they've slipped under your radar ... 10 tracks of immense beauty and poise"

Prog Archives reviews"If I'd reviewed this a couple of weeks ago it would have got a very worthy four stars as a pleasant album. The thing is it just demands yet another spin each day and grows with every one, until I've become convinced that this is the finest release I've heard this year" 5/5

"This doesn't happen often, but I must upgrade this rating to 5 stars. The lyrical content, ever present melodies, and awesome atmospheres have grabbed hold of me. This album is truly amazing ... Yes, it doesn't revolutionize, but it does take prog rock to some of the furthest limits I've ever seen." 5/5

Edited by tomdavenport - May 25 2013 at 05:52
Takeshi Kovacs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Takeshi Kovacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 08:25
Soul Symphony - The Three Sounds

The 25 minute title track is awesome!
Open the gates of the city wide....
Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/TakeshiKovacs/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 00:15
I recommend.

Agalloch and Periphery. 2 American progressive metal bands that really bring a fresh new sound. I'd call it 21st century prog metal at its finest.
Paul Watson-progkiwi View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Watson-progkiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 04:20
Hi all ~ I'd like to recommend FRIGHT PIG and his new prog album 'Out Of the Barnyard.'  This is a solid album to kick off with from an artist or artists who have taken the word "concept" to the next level. Not only is the CD and the inclusion of a 10 page booklet wall-to-wall with Ed Unitsky artwork, the artist himself is part and parcel of this concept. Good luck trying to figure out who Fright Pig actually is. Like KISS of old this band has taken on a masked personae leaving some pretty amazing and tight musicianship as well an impressive collection of songs. Thanks for your consideration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQnZ-tCFJ8g
largravacions View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote largravacions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 11:09
I recommend Jardín de la Croix. Math Rock and Proggresive Rock from madrid (california haha):

bonestorm View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonestorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 22:41
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

I recommend,

Riverside is on my hit list to listen to. Probably gonna start with second life syndrome. :)

Well it's my favourite album of theirs so not a bad place to start.  Smile
Hibernal http://hibernal.bandcamp.com
"This is a stunning work of art" - Muzik Reviews
"A precious gem" - Dante's Prog
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 23:31
Originally posted by bonestorm bonestorm wrote:

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

I recommend,

Well it's my favourite album of theirs so not a bad place to start.  Smile

Hey man. Yeah I really enjoyed it. Paints a nice colorful picture of what modern prog metal can sound like. Good start indeed. Also. Read your review on the IQ subterranea in concert album. Very nice and i like how you gave the album a well deserved 5'r!! Keep up the good work. :)
Finnacs View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2013 at 13:58
Hi! I strongly recommend you:

www.factandfiction.hu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaek8D4Sm54

https://www.facebook.com/factandfictionband
Maschine View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maschine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2013 at 12:11
I'd like to recommend checking out my band 'Maschine' as our album release date has arrived! Big smileInside Out Music announced this:

"The young and hotly-tipped UK-based progressive rockers MASCHINE have announced the release of their debut album entitled ‘Rubidium’ on the 29th July 2013."

For more info goto our MASCHINE fb page by clicking here...https://www.facebook.com/maschineuk?success=1
Blink RN View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blink RN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2013 at 15:14
I recommend a greek prog/experimental band named BLINK OF AN I ..They made their debut one month ago and continue to compose new tracks! Take a look to their songs by their facebook page (reverbnation): https://www.facebook.com/BOAIofficial/app_2405167945

or listen their first track on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uzhfmxmUsw
Ivbgutie View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivbgutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2013 at 16:00
Magg's "Birth - Revival"

www.facebook.com/maggband

www.soundcloud.com/maggband

www.youtube.com/maggband

http://www.amazon.com/Birth-Revival/dp/B00D1Z02EA/ref=sr_1_3_title_0_main?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1371449609&sr=1-3&keywords=magg

Magg Birth-Revival
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7980818283 112>