Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Recommend...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 112>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
elbownut View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elbownut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2013 at 13:58
Originally posted by tonyes tonyes wrote:

New release - Magenta 27 Club. Just superb!
ThisSmile
"Music was my first love and it will be my last" - John Miles "Music"
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2013 at 14:56
Originally posted by elbownut elbownut wrote:

ThisSmile

Better than Seven or just too different to compare?
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
tonyes View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 02:44
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

ThisSmile

Better than Seven? That's a matter of opinion, but after around a dozen listens I would say that it is on a par. Far proggier than the more recent releases. Sounds great live too!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2013 at 11:33
^ your opinion is what I wanted.

Moreover, I Reccomend Bass Composer Alberto Rigoni. He offers a great deal of wonderful, technical bass playing and his albums are an adventure to say the least. Here is a cover track to honor the great DREAM THEATER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SP3X_mMLII
tonyes View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2013 at 05:57

Moreover, I Reccomend Bass Composer Alberto Rigoni. He offers a great deal of wonderful, technical bass playing and his albums are an adventure to say the least. Here is a cover track to honor the great DREAM THEATER.

I'd say that if you enjoyed Seven, you would enjoy 27 Club. Give it a go You know it makes sense!

Re the Bass player, had a listen. Sounds great, wish I had a better equaliser on the PC as It'd be great to get the bass a bit higher in the mix.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2013 at 18:09

I'd say that if you enjoyed Seven, you would enjoy 27 Club. Give it a go You know it makes sense!

Re the Bass player, had a listen. Sounds great, wish I had a better equaliser on the PC as It'd be great to get the bass a bit higher in the mix.

I definitely will. Just another album to add to my incredible list of 2013 releases. I'm sure I shall enjoy it. Be very shocked I didn't. And yeah, Rigoni is great. I love his bass work and it's nice to listen to Prog where the Bass is the featured instrument. :)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2013 at 18:13
I reccomend today Jim Matheos's FIRST IMPRESSIONS album.

Fans of Fates Warning will be delighted to hear the other side o Matheos's playing ability. It's an acoustic album with a bit of strings mixed into the overall sound. Soft, lovely and very moving music. And if you want a more upbeat side to Mr. Matheos, try his other solo effort 'AWAY WITH WORDS.' it's a collective work of all Matheos's favorite music genres and styles. Enjoy fellow proggers!
elbownut View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elbownut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2013 at 15:05

ThisSmile

Better than Seven? That's a matter of opinion, but after around a dozen listens I would say that it is on a par. Far proggier than the more recent releases. Sounds great live too!
Agreed
elbownut View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elbownut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2013 at 15:07
Just played Universal CD/DVD from  Anathema. Superb live recording of a concert they played last year in Bulgaria
Highly recommended

Edited by elbownut - September 21 2013 at 15:08
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2013 at 00:00
I saw Anathema last year in October on a ship moored on the Danube in Budapest ! One of the best shows ever, even my 72 year-old mom loved it! Headbanger
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2013 at 12:46

Soul Cages' new album, only available from [email protected]

Edited by aapatsos - October 01 2013 at 12:46
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Svetonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 08:31

Eyot are the progressive fusion band from Niš, Serbia.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2013 at 17:21
Draconian-- The Arcane Rain Fell.

This is beautiful, melodic death metal at its finest. Fans of Opeth and MY Dying Bride will go ape sh*t for this album.
:) enjoy.
alienshore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alienshore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2013 at 12:11

I recommend a great jazz album Hemispheres of three perfect musicians Ric Fierabracci, Phil Turcio and Joel Rosenblatt, it has slightly progressive feeling and colorful compositions. 

felonafan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felonafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2013 at 10:34
News from Roz Vitalis (the Russian avant prog band, http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=1836):

The 3rd studio album  "Das Licht Der Menchen" (2004) including only 3 epic 20+min tracks is now available in wav quality!
https://rozvitalis.bandcamp.com/album/das-licht-der-menschen
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2013 at 02:50
I recommend a wonderfully inspired Fates Warning Prog Metal band called,

WHILE HEAVEN WEPT.

A great album is VAST OCEANS OF LACRYMOSE.

You'll get the goosebumps for sure. :)
Sophocles View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophocles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 03:48
I 'd like to recommend The Red Paintings:

Their latest album The Revolution Is Never Coming is a real piece of art.

I think it is an excellent addition on Heavy Prog or Crossover Prog Section. 
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 04:32
Originally posted by Sophocles Sophocles wrote:

I 'd like to recommend The Red Paintings:

Their latest album The Revolution Is Never Coming is a real piece of art.

I think it is an excellent addition on Heavy Prog or Crossover Prog Section. 

Sophisticated Pop Rock, quiet good! seems to fit for Crossover
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Sophocles View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophocles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 06:10
I am not their biggest fan but I think it is more than "sophisticated pop rock". Yes, it has this "Muse feeling" but the strings layer, rhythm complexity and concept element make it more ecclectic and art rock. Just check "Streets Fell Into My Window" for instance. They call it  "orchestral sci-fi art rock". Well, in the end I may agree with you about the Crossover classification.
Sophocles View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophocles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2013 at 06:27
Also, I 've just noticed that the new 2013 albums of Ef and Mooncake are missing. Just saying, since both bands are in here and both albums are awesome :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 112>