Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Recommend...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 112>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2014 at 03:47
Originally posted by remy remy wrote:

http://youtu.be/g0lWv5A_duM

can you check out this video? please please

Wrong thread, not a progressive song...
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

AgostinoScafidi View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgostinoScafidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2014 at 09:24
I just checked it out. It's a good song!

For anyone wondering, it's country based, acoustic. Good vocal melodies and the chorus is strong.
..my eBooks..
http://amazon.com/author/agostinoscafidi
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2014 at 21:45
I recommend SEconds Before Landing: The Great Discipline.

Amazing, floydian type album.

Also. A more well known band, and they are at the height of their career. Vanden Plas.
Their new album, Chronicles of The Immortals is fantastic and arguably the best piece of music they have ever done.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Bruno Lamarosa View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruno Lamarosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2014 at 11:23
Portuguese Rock from 70's:

- "Regresso às Origens" e "Privado", by Ananga Ranga",

-"Bota Fora", by Julio Pereira and Carlos Cavalheiro.

Portuguese Rock from today:

-"Roque Popular", by Diabo na Cruz,

-"Manuel Fúria Contempla os Lírios do Campo", by Manuel Fúria and

"Pesar o Sol", by Capitão Fausto.

I hope you enjoy!
Bruno Lamarosa View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruno Lamarosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2014 at 08:34
I recommend "Mehliana, Taming the dragon", by Brad Mehldau and Mark Guiliana.
I receive't this morning, and it's powerfuli and magic! 
deafmoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2014 at 08:50
I recommend today Flame Dream's "Calatea". I don't even know if this is available on cd but seek it out. Flame Dream has some serious stuff out there and this album isn't even their best. But I have on now, and it's a treat from the past!

Edited by deafmoon - April 04 2014 at 08:51
Deafmoon
ProgPro View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2014 at 19:19

FLAMING ROW - 'Mirage - A Portrayal Of Figures'

New album and first part of a trilogy from German Progrock / Metal Band with an incredible guestlist.

The story of this trilogy is set in the future . The universe is ruled by a Separation of Powers, which is led by a legislature, the "Magistrate". There are millions and millions of life forms, that submit to its laws. This is the only way for a peaceful co-existence.

But Earth is at war. The Third World War, which people wage against each other, has drawn the attention of the "Magistrate" to the human species. The intelligence of mankind has grown quickly, but their knowledge of the big picture has grown slow, too slow to understand what damage they can do. Fearing that greed and the lust for power could get out of hand, the "Magistrate" decides to wipe out this species once and for all. Solar storms shall destroy all life on Earth, but the last human elite fights tenaciously against the destruction of their race. Soon, however, soldier John is beset by serious misgivings. Are the intentions of the "Magistrate" different from what they pretend to be?

In addition to the core team of Flaming Row (Kiri Geile, Martin Schnella, Marek Arnold and Niklas Kahl),  countless guest musicians and singers can be heard on the album. Amongst them are musicians from well-known progressive rock / metal bands like Pain Of Salvation, Spock's Beard, Haken, Enchant, Ayreon, Neal Morse Band, Shadow Gallery, or even German bands like Laith Al Deen and Fury in the Slaughterhouse .

"Mirage" continues the concept of combining varied songs and different musical styles with catchy melodies in an impressive way. In addition to heavy sounds, ballad-like moments and intricate instrumental passages, there are many mood changes and surprises, in which the story is acoustically narrated. A total of ten singers take on the roles of the protagonists, from first-person perspective to different narrator roles. The album is released as a limited edition 2 CD digipack and as a standard digipack edition.

The Guestlist:

Voices:           
Magali Luyten Ex-Beautiful Sin / Ayreon / Ex-Virus IV
Ted Leonard Spock's Beard / Enchant
Johan Hallgren Ex-Pain Of Salvation   
Anne Trautmann Seven Steps To The Green Door
Simon Moskon Cryptex
Gary Wehrkamp Shadow Gallery
Brendt Allman Shadow Gallery
Brian Ashland Shadow Gallery

Musicians:           
Jimmy Keegan Drums Spock's Beard
Leo Margarit Drums Pain Of Salvation
Lars Lehmann Bass Purple Schulz / UFO
Dave Meros Bass Spock's Beard
Kristoffer Gildenlöw Bass Ex-Pain Of Salvation / Rust           
Diego Tejeida Keyboard Haken
Tobi Reiss Piano Laith Al Deen
Gary Wehrkamp Key and Guitar Solo Shadow Gallery   
Brendt Allman Guitar Solo Shadow Gallery
Ole Rausch Guitar Solo Laith Al Deen
Arjen A. Lucassen Guitar Solo Ayreon / Star One
Eric Brenton Violin and Viola Neal Morse Band
Nathan Brenton Celli Neal Morse Band
Gero Drnek Orchestral Fury In The Slaughterhouse

http://www.flamingrow.de/

https://www.facebook.com/flamingrow

fermax62 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fermax62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 11:30
I recommend  Through the Turbulence by Backhands (2014). Listen here http://melodicrevolutiondistribution.com/album/through-the-turbulence. 4,5 stars
EoSDan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EoSDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2014 at 13:21
Elephants of Scotland! Just released our second album Execute and Breathe. Please check out our music at www.elephantsofscotland.com where you will find a link to our music on bandcamp.com
Thanks you and Cheers!
spiderxbass View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderxbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 16:32
The main reason I joined this forum was to know more progressive rock bands. So I am going through a journey of listen all the bands of this post. Yeah, since 2006! Shocked

Of course some of the links are not working any more. 
I can share my journey later if you guys want. I don't know how long it will take but It' s been very good so far. 
spiderxbass View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderxbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 16:38
I meant, listen all the bands of this of this topic :)
EoS View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EoS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 19:12

Elephants of Scotland! Just released our second album Execute and Breathe. Please check out our music at www.elephantsofscotland.com where you will find a link to our music on bandcamp.com
Thanks you and Cheers!

I hope you give us a try!
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 19:25
Originally posted by ProgPro ProgPro wrote:

FLAMING ROW - 'Mirage - A Portrayal Of Figures'

New album and first part of a trilogy from German Progrock / Metal Band with an incredible guestlist.

The story of this trilogy is set in the future . The universe is ruled by a Separation of Powers, which is led by a legislature, the "Magistrate". There are millions and millions of life forms, that submit to its laws. This is the only way for a peaceful co-existence.

But Earth is at war. The Third World War, which people wage against each other, has drawn the attention of the "Magistrate" to the human species. The intelligence of mankind has grown quickly, but their knowledge of the big picture has grown slow, too slow to understand what damage they can do. Fearing that greed and the lust for power could get out of hand, the "Magistrate" decides to wipe out this species once and for all. Solar storms shall destroy all life on Earth, but the last human elite fights tenaciously against the destruction of their race. Soon, however, soldier John is beset by serious misgivings. Are the intentions of the "Magistrate" different from what they pretend to be?

In addition to the core team of Flaming Row (Kiri Geile, Martin Schnella, Marek Arnold and Niklas Kahl),  countless guest musicians and singers can be heard on the album. Amongst them are musicians from well-known progressive rock / metal bands like Pain Of Salvation, Spock's Beard, Haken, Enchant, Ayreon, Neal Morse Band, Shadow Gallery, or even German bands like Laith Al Deen and Fury in the Slaughterhouse .

"Mirage" continues the concept of combining varied songs and different musical styles with catchy melodies in an impressive way. In addition to heavy sounds, ballad-like moments and intricate instrumental passages, there are many mood changes and surprises, in which the story is acoustically narrated. A total of ten singers take on the roles of the protagonists, from first-person perspective to different narrator roles. The album is released as a limited edition 2 CD digipack and as a standard digipack edition.

The Guestlist:

Voices:           
Magali Luyten Ex-Beautiful Sin / Ayreon / Ex-Virus IV
Ted Leonard Spock's Beard / Enchant
Johan Hallgren Ex-Pain Of Salvation   
Anne Trautmann Seven Steps To The Green Door
Simon Moskon Cryptex
Gary Wehrkamp Shadow Gallery
Brendt Allman Shadow Gallery
Brian Ashland Shadow Gallery

Musicians:           
Jimmy Keegan Drums Spock's Beard
Leo Margarit Drums Pain Of Salvation
Lars Lehmann Bass Purple Schulz / UFO
Dave Meros Bass Spock's Beard
Kristoffer Gildenlöw Bass Ex-Pain Of Salvation / Rust           
Diego Tejeida Keyboard Haken
Tobi Reiss Piano Laith Al Deen
Gary Wehrkamp Key and Guitar Solo Shadow Gallery   
Brendt Allman Guitar Solo Shadow Gallery
Ole Rausch Guitar Solo Laith Al Deen
Arjen A. Lucassen Guitar Solo Ayreon / Star One
Eric Brenton Violin and Viola Neal Morse Band
Nathan Brenton Celli Neal Morse Band
Gero Drnek Orchestral Fury In The Slaughterhouse

http://www.flamingrow.de/

https://www.facebook.com/flamingrow

WowTongue

jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 08:19
Ah WytchCrypt is there already...Too happy to advertize for this very project :

progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2014 at 09:01
Originally posted by jayem jayem wrote:

Ah WytchCrypt is there already...Too happy to advertize for this very project :

Haha yeah!   
Thought you could hide from me.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Duke of Rother View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke of Rother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 08:16
Originally posted by EoS EoS wrote:

Thanks you and Cheers!

I hope you give us a try!

These guys are seriously good. Both albums are well worth tuning in to.
spo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 23:40
Mekong Delta 'In a Mirror Darkly'
MiltonTheatre'sLamp View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiltonTheatre'sLamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 22:24
I'm hanging for this!!!
Anubis - Hitchhiking to Byzantium
EoS View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EoS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2014 at 22:34
Thanks!!
edededed View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edededed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 02:52
can someone in power give me - posting topic abilities please - i need help/recommendations in the world of prog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 112>