Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Recommend...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 112>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2014 at 13:47
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

The Gathering--Mandylion.

This is an awesome, strong gothic debut of Anneke Van Giersbergen fronting the band as the lead vocalist.
Pretty great stuff and a far cry from their later material, which got more refined and proggier.

And I bow at the Voice of Necam.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2014 at 13:53
^Yes. You're not the first to post about this band. Will definitely check it out. Thanks. BTW, Anneke is amazing.

Edited by SteveG - July 10 2014 at 19:09
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2014 at 14:01
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

This is an awesome, strong gothic debut of Anneke Van Giersbergen fronting the band as the lead vocalist.
Pretty great stuff and a far cry from their later material, which got more refined and proggier.

the global services corporation of America? Dude. That made me laugh.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2014 at 14:03
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

^Yes. You're not the first to post about this band. Will definitely check it out. Thanks. BTW, Anneke is amazing.

Yeah and she(A.V.G) is collaborating with Ayreon (A. Luccassen) to do a special, double epic album. Can't wait.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2014 at 04:30

Have we forgotten Mr. Hackett's great sophomore effort?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2014 at 11:09

Oh yes we have.
crawlingchaos View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crawlingchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2014 at 10:41
Armenian Space Station are pretty awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK43M4CWLAg
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2014 at 16:47

Oh yes we have.

Well I haven't.
Dejav View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2014 at 05:26
Hello!
Bring to your attention our instrumental compositions.
Tracks from energetic and drive guitar, which convey a positive attitude, and strong energy. Listen, enjoy!

1. You drives me crazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJIKgFAgHvU

2. Knockout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o-pEOMe5-I

3. Warming Sunset
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20fsOkHPPJ8

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2014 at 12:05
Yeah. I'm gonna highly recommend this album.

GODSMACK---The Other Side.

Why? Firstly it is a highly produced and extremely well mixed Acoustic album by David Boterill and Bob Ludwig.
Secondly, this is ovation acoustics used so skillfully by team Godsmack. Thirdly, this album is absolutely nothing like their hard rock metal approach to music; hence it's the 'other side' of the band.
And lastly. The album is prog. Hope you all enjoy. It's a beautiful concise 29min album.
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2014 at 13:23
Impressed at "Embers of remembered dismemberment" 

https://soundcloud.com/pulpculture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1HUPjpVxIo&feature=youtu.be

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=96967

Progadelics333 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progadelics333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2014 at 12:26
This duo has some major prog influences, and are pretty unorthodox in the modern progrock scene. 

Ontologics

http://newprogreleases.blogspot.com/2013/12/ontologics-something-to-needle-over.html
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2014 at 17:31
I recommend AGALLOCH's new album "The Serpent and the Sphere."

Agalloch have a format that is still working and that is creating dark, mesmerizing atmospheric metal.
Check out tracks like ASTORAL DIALOG and PLATEAU OF THE AGES.
2 great tracks of 2014 thus far. :)

Prog on.
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2014 at 06:32
Brimstone & Treacle, (much of the) music by the Police: I'm far from recommending the film, but the soundtrack has moments I prefer to many Police songs !

I kneel to the alter of ARCAM 

ARCAM: no less than (almost)  my family !! Check the ARCAM website. http://www.arcam-vd.ch/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2014 at 13:37
Originally posted by jayem jayem wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.2;">Brimstone & Treacle, (much of the) music by the Police: I'm far from recommending the film, but the soundtrack has moments I prefer to many Police songs !</span>

<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">I kneel to the alter of ARCAM</span> 
ARCAM: no less than (almost)  my family !! Check the ARCAM website. http://www.arcam-vd.ch/

Oh my. Perhaps I should be more clear on that SIG I have.
ARCAM is a UK based company that makes high end audio equipment like SS amps and DACS.
I have one of their DACs (irDAC) and it has revamped the quality level of my music listening experience.

That's why I kneel and obey ze ARCAM!! :)
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2014 at 14:19

Originally posted by jayem jayem wrote:

Oh my. Perhaps I should be more clear on that SIG I have. 
ARCAM is a UK based company that makes high end audio equipment like SS amps and DACS. 
I have one of their DACs (irDAC) and it has revamped the quality level of my music listening experience. 

That's why I kneel and obey ze ARCAM!! :) 

Thanks, and I hope "fully dense metal parts" lovers (third link on the photo) ain't disappointed no one has shown them their love yet. Long live the search engines !!

Edited by jayem - July 18 2014 at 06:40
bdenim View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdenim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2014 at 17:52
This is just an excerpt of a much longer piece but it gives the flavor.

M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2014 at 15:43
Sound very much like the Psychedelic ensemble to me....
k3no444 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k3no444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2014 at 23:38
I recommend the band Fire Garden's newest CD, titled "Sound of Majestic Colors." Great album, and it's available for a free listen on their Bandcamp page. Very proggy, with hints of Dream Theater, Rush, and Porcupine Tree. Totally awesome.
Please check out my music blog and follow me on Twitter!

http://kenoalbumreview.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/kenoalbumreview
GhostPony750 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhostPony750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2014 at 12:41
Oh gawd, I completly drifted away for the last months.

I have posted this group a few times before, but why not again! You might discover something amazing. The group is Citizen Cain. My two favorte songs from them are "Falling from Sephiroth" of the album "Playing Dead", and "Last Days of Cain" of Raising the Stones. I also recomend Serpents in Camouflage, their best album.

Some links in order:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_8K1EIJifI&feature=kp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK7a81Tkm78

I'm sharing this because they deserve to be listened and you deserve to listen. It's simply amazing. They are sadly not very famous, but I observed an increase in the number of views recently. So yep, I try to share this music everywhere, I myself own three of their albums.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 112>