Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWarmen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warmen
    Posted: March 04 2006 at 20:19
Warmen... I havent heard much by them but according to the wikipedia page on em they are 'progressive metal/ neo-classical metal' ... I just wanted to know if anyone else has heard much by them and if they think they could possibly be included in the archives. Im not saying they should or shouldnt, but they are pretty cool IMO. A few of my friends are obsessed with them and one of them sent me a couple songs, so far i have 'Salieri strikes back' and 'into the oblivion'

The band was assembled by Children of Bodom's keyboardist... and, at least from what ive heard, theyre better than CoB. Thats probably because I think CoB is lame and I dont have a reason for it other than that half their material seems to be about the stupid Bodom murders thing and it annoys me.

has no one else heard of warmen? haha. I just listened to a bunch more of their songs... a few songs seem somewhat repetitive but its all listenable and some of it is damn good! Try em out or something please... I usually dont like this kind of music myself but they do sound sort of prog metal - y. As for the 'neo classical metal' genre... well I think im going to look into that a bit more, it interests me quite a bit.

Edited by Pneubauer
Pneubauer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 23:53
Dammit... someone! Tell me I dont know what I'm talking about or something! Tell me you haven't heard of Warmen! I don't care, but someone give me somethin' pweeeaaazeee 

If you havent heard anything about em or anything... well.. comment on their name! hahaha, you know that now dont you?
Bryan View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 21:40
Their instrumental tracks are sort of in a Liquid Tension Experiment vein, perhaps they could be considered prog on that basis.  The ones with vocals are generally more straightforward power metal (or even straightforward rock on a couple occasions), which makes me question their inclusion.
Pneubauer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 20:25
Oh, actually, I havent heard any of their tracks with vocals. Ive got 8 of them so far and the only one with vocals is a cover 'somebody's watching me' with the vocals by alexi laiho... so, I assumed they didnt usually have vocals on their tracks... 
Articuno1 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 22:00
 TO THE RESCUE!!! I personally love this band. I admit, some of their stuff does get repetitive, but the drive and speed of the guitar and keyboard is amazing (and progressive)! I think they should be included in the prog metal section of PA, even though they do take many themes from classical music (Salieri, anyone?).
 To answer Pneubauer, Warmen does not usually have lyrics. Only two of the songs from their last album (Unknown Soldier) have lyrics.
 If anyone wants to hear Warmen, go to Pandora.com and create a station with keyword "Warmen". You should get Unknown Soldier or The Evil that Warmen Do, both very indicative of this band's style.
Many Bothans died to bring you this information.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 15:38
Noted.
 Post Reply Post Reply