FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedELP exclusive pix from 1978

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: ELP exclusive pix from 1978
    Posted: March 12 2006 at 01:02

Emerson Lake & Plamer photos from 1978 @ ISU in Normal, Illinois. I posted these on our website

http://mistralfortunesofwar.com

go to the "Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends" link. Music by Robert Berry doing his arrangement of ELP's "Hoedown".

The Mistral website is dedicated to the one and only "Lost Classic" progressive rock music ensemble recording known as Mistral - Fortunes of War. The band was founded by Eric Maurstad and Kent Cantwell in their home town, Waukegan, Illinois (USA) in 1980.

We're back, and working on a new CD to be released this summer. Remastered Fortunes of War tracks, bonus tracks, unreleased and NEW material.

elp2---frame-12a1_4web.jpg

Edited by kent
Kent Cantwell
Mistral Music 1980-2006+
We're Back!
The Miracle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 14:46
Sweet, thanks for sharing
kent View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 21:19

Many people who have visited the site have asked me how I got such great shots of the band.  I went to school at ISU and borrowed the camera/backstage pass from my dormitory RA on my floor. He happened to be the photographer for the Afro-American Club on campus. He wasn't into ELP at all and he wasn't interested in covering the concert officially, so I covered it for him! I could take 2 rolls of film and have at it without any restrictions. It was a great show. It was my first and only ELP concert. This was the show where Carl Palmer fell into the pit where Keith's piano was under the stage when he wasn't playing it. It was very scary to see Carl just drop off the stage and disappear. Everyone waited, breathless, until he emerged. Reportedly, he only suffered a fractured rib. He finished the concert.

Kent Cantwell
Mistral Music 1980-2006+
We're Back!
 Post Reply Post Reply