Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIMPORTANT - Unreviewed Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: IMPORTANT - Unreviewed Albums
    Posted: March 27 2006 at 08:14

With the rapid expansion of the number of bands and albums included on the site, there are many albums which have not yet been reviewed.

This page http://www.progarchives.com/UnreviewedAlbums.asp contains a full list of all such albums.

Those who review these albums first will of course ensure that their reviews always appear at or near the top of the reviews for that album. The first review also receives the notation "First review of this album" on the home page. Instead of being the 300th+ person to review "Close to the edge", why not see which of the albums on the list you can help out with?!

Edited by Easy Livin - January 24 2009 at 12:21
Bob Greece View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 08:44
OK. Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers done.
M@X View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 08:48

Great BOB, by the way --- the list is in REAL TIME 

Edited by M@X
Prog On !
MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 09:18

Nice List! I can think of two improvements:

• Narrow to genre
  • Also list albums with very few reviews (sorted by review count)

Edited by MikeEnRegalia
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 09:33

Even though I don't write reviews (I leave to those who have a much better writing skill than me) I think this is a very good idea. 

This link should also appear in the front page!

Empathy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 10:18
Extra special bonus points to whoever reviews these 2:

Trickster F. View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 12:15
Originally posted by avestin avestin wrote:

Even though I don't write reviews (I leave to those who have a much better writing skill than me) I think this is a very good idea. 

You should be more confident. I also spent more than a year on this site, not rating or reviewing anything, but when I saw I could post one review after another, I made a decision to keep the work.

It is good that I found this thread, because I have an issue.

Go to my reviews page: http://www.progarchives.com/?reviewer=ivansfr0st - notice the Tumulus review, it's one of the latest ones I've done. It is marked as the first review of the album, however, if you click the link that directs to the actual album, you'll see that the review doesn't exist. I'm sure I've written it though, and my review history more than just proves it.

-- Ivan

sig
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 13:47
Originally posted by ivansfr0st ivansfr0st wrote:

You should be more confident. I also spent more than a year on this site, not rating or reviewing anything, but when I saw I could post one review after another, I made a decision to keep the work.

Go to my reviews page: http://www.progarchives.com/?reviewer=ivansfr0st - notice the Tumulus review, it's one of the latest ones I've done. It is marked as the first review of the album, however, if you click the link that directs to the actual album, you'll see that the review doesn't exist. I'm sure I've written it though, and my review history more than just proves it.

-- Ivan

Yes I have followed your reviews and enjoyed reading them. I don't write because of perfectionality issues mostly. Anyway, regarding your missing reviews, it is apparently happened quite a lot lately and there is a thread about it in the Bugs and Errors section.

Thanks for your comments. See you in Ratingfreak.com

bluetailfly View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 13:57
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

With the rapid expansion of the number of bands and albums included on the site, there are many albums which have not yet been reviewed.

This page http://www.progarchives.com/UnreviewedAlbums.asp contains a full list of all such albums.

Those who review these albums first will of course ensure that their reviews always appear at or near the top of the reviews for that album. It is also hoped that the first review of an album will soon be highlighted as such.

Instead of being the 300th+ person to review "Close to the edge", why not see which of the albums on the list you can help out with?!

Good God! This list is ... really long. I sort of feel sorry for John Zorn, so much work and ... where are the fans?

"The red polygon's only desire / is to get to the blue triangle."
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 13:59

-- Ivan

M@x is still sorting out a few bugs Ivan, hopefully things will be OK soon.

erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 14:39

You have done a great job Bob, making that list must have been a painstaking task  ! But ...

.. "every good boy deserves favor" ....

So here is my list of albums I will review in the forthcoming months:

Alas-Grandes Exitos/Altair-3/Ars Nova-Six Singular Impressions/Cliffhanger-Mirror Site/Ekseption-Greatest Hits Classics/Gerard-Sighs Of Water/Loch Ness-Prologue/Machiavel-Original Hits/Nangyala-Spheres/Novela-Symphonic World/Pallas- Live In London DVD ...

Ed_The_Dead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 14:40
Originally posted by bluetailfly bluetailfly wrote:

Those who review these albums first will of course ensure that their reviews always appear at or near the top of the reviews for that album. It is also hoped that the first review of an album will soon be highlighted as such.

Instead of being the 300th+ person to review "Close to the edge", why not see which of the albums on the list you can help out with?!

Good God! This list is ... really long. I sort of feel sorry for John Zorn, so much work and ... where are the fans?

Mr Zorn's music isn't exactly easy to listen, ye know... that man is absolutely insane... Its really hard to Be a real fan of that guy.. although I might try to write a review of Naked City...

MikeEnRegalia View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 14:59
Maybe I'll try to write a review for Hockey ... if I manage to listen through the whole thing in one setting without going crazy.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 15:54
Originally posted by erik neuteboom erik neuteboom wrote:

You have done a great job Bob, making that list must have been a painstaking task  ! But ...

Alas I can claim no credit ErikEmbarrassed

It is a database query which M@X has written, so it will constantly update as reviews are added.

erik neuteboom View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 16:56

Is there any other reason to say that you have done a wonderful job, Bob  ?

Anyway, the 'red alert' "This is the first review of this album" above the reviews on the homepage is perfect progrock motivation psychology  !

Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 23:58
Very good!
I have a question of this — First review of this album — considering the list of unreviewed albums: it naturally SHOULD come when there is no written reviews but some ratings, right? (and such albums should be on that list too)? 
   For example FAMILY's Anyway wasn't on the list; it has ratings without reviews only. (Then again, ANTHONY PHILLIPS' Harvest of The Heart was on the list, with one RTR.) Both are albums I might review in the near future.
Zac M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 00:08
I'll try to focus my review writing on albums by the likes of Von Deyen, The Residents, Snakefinger, and some of the more obscure artists. Great to have a list like this.
"Art is not imitation, nor is it something manufactured according to the wishes of instinct or good taste. It is a process of expression."

-Merleau-Ponty
Eetu Pellonpaa View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 01:24

The list is great!

I also noticed a small error:

• ENO, BRIAN — The Equatorial Stars (with Robert Fripp)*(2005)

"Soundsweird" has actually reviewed this, it's visible on the Fripp's page:

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD. asp?cd_id=8141

but not on Eno's page:

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD. asp?cd_id=8142

• Edited by Eetu Pellonpää
    Special Collaborator
    Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 03:29

Originally posted by Matti Matti wrote:

Very good!
    I have a question of this — First review of this album — considering the list of unreviewed albums: it naturally SHOULD come when there is no written reviews but some ratings, right? (and such albums should be on that list too)? 
       For example FAMILY's Anyway wasn't on the list; it has ratings without reviews only. (Then again, ANTHONY PHILLIPS' Harvest of The Heart was on the list, with one RTR.) Both are albums I might review in the near future.

Correct Matti, I think M@X is still sorting a few things out there.

Eetu, I think the actual album is listed twice, once under each artist. As far as the database is concerned, they are therefore two different albums.

Erik -

Bob Greece View Drop Down
    Prog Reviewer
    Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 03:37

-- Ivan

M@x is still sorting out a few bugs Ivan, hopefully things will be OK soon.

I think there's a problem because the review names shown are now the forum names and not the names that were originally given with the reviews. My reviews didn't show up until I added my email address into my forum details so that there was a correspondence between my old reviews and my forum name.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>