Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIMPORTANT - Unreviewed Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 07:05
^ Totally agreed. And speaking of this, when reviewing a free download album, it would be great if reviewers specified this somewhere with caps or by bolding. That helped me finding some nice free albums by reading the reviews on the homepage.
toroddfuglesteg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 07:38

An update of the free dowload albums list would be in order, I guess. 

Hint, hint........

Ideally, we should have an own Collab doing this because there will be a lot more free albums out there now with the restructure of the music industry. 

SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 12:34
Originally posted by toroddfuglesteg toroddfuglesteg wrote:

There is a lot of unreviewed albums released as free downloads. Come on guys.......... freebies !!!! 

Please download and review. That's why these albums are there. To be reviewed and hopefully; the artist will be able to attract record labels and gigs on the back of some reviews in ProgArchives. Which then again will benefit our community and the prog rock scene. 

Please, please keep this in mind.

I'm hoping to review the Larsen Rupin albums before long as they're all available to listen to on Daniel Spahni's website.  I was going to do the debut last night, actually, but my mind essentially blanked when I tried to write about it.
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 03:51
I will get on to all the unreviewed Atomic Rooster as soon as i can

Unreviewed albums

AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 07:45
Just reviewed all the unreviewed Split Enz albums I have got....

Nice to see them with a rating at last.
Passionist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 07:25

Hi.

I reviewed 2 Absoluuttinen Nollapiste albums, Olos and Iiris.

I also tried to open the list with my Opera 10,60 but the browser forze everytime. Anybody want to check on that?

Marty McFly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 19:18
^ No problem on my browser (the same as yours)
There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 21:19
Hi,

(removed by poster - subject and ideas not important)

Edited by moshkito - March 04 2011 at 18:27
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 21:32
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

If we're going to list bootlegs, you're gonna go crazy as Pink Floyd has about 50 of these that span the time BEFORE DSOTM and they are almost all of them better than the albums themselves. It is also neat to catch 10 different versions of Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, and 10 different versions of Atom Heart Mother, including the one that probably had Twyla Tharp dancing ... it! But can prog'rs see modern dance in Pink Floyd ... that is the $10 dollar question of tomorrow!
that's also about how much a ticket to one of those shows would've been Cool .. and no I don't think we're listing bootlegs at all

BTW the Floyd boots for '75 are also outstanding

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2010 at 19:49
Hi,

That's really weird .. I was there at the time ... and the only releases were "Chicago" and "Chicago" ... and in the first pressings there were no numbers, only the color was different. This was updated after the first pressing, as it caused some attention in the media that made fun of how would anyone know which album it was, in an article on the Sun Times.

Weird .. still can't find those albums anywhere! But I can review Chicago 1 and Chicago 2 ... easily enough ... since I happen to think that was the "progressive" movement Chicago style, although at the time Sons of Champlin were not as well known but it was often thought they were better, though with less horns.

The likelyhood is that those three I listed are the SINGLES ... and I am not sure that we should review the singles at all, and we might have to do some cleaning ... specially since we're trying to be a "progressive" board ... and we want to bring the music out "pop music" and "hit" status ... though 25 or 6 to 4 did do very well as a single. I still maintain that we should concentrate on the artist and the albums/music ... and not the singles.

Edited by moshkito - October 07 2010 at 19:51
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2010 at 15:28
Not having been a regular visitor for a while, I forgot there was such a thread for unreviewed albums. Anyway, here's two albums that are unreviewed no longer - and both of them highly recommended:

Beppe Crovella - What's Rattlin' on the Moon? (http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=303651)
Afroskull - To Obscurity and Beyond (http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=303905)

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 19:06
Hi,

I give up ...

I can't even find the list of lists of all the listings anywhere -- for things that need to be done.

Sorry ... I'm partially blind and these invisible links don't cut it! (3 right eye surgeries)

Edited by moshkito - February 09 2011 at 19:07
www.pedrosena.com
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 02:48
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I give up ...

I can't even find the list of lists of all the listings anywhere -- for things that need to be done.

Sorry ... I'm partially blind and these invisible links don't cut it! (3 right eye surgeries)
Hmm, the list is too long to itemise copy into a forum thread so has to remain as a dynamic SQL Query of the database - to date it contains 12,673 unreviewed releases:
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

This page http://www.progarchives.com/UnreviewedAlbums.asp contains a full list of all such albums.

That list also includes live albums, compilations, box sets, promos, fanclub releases and singles as they form a "collectable" part of any artists official discograhy, not just the studio albums. Since many of those are incredibly rare it is unlikely that reviews will be possible for all of them, but there is always at least one fan who has a copy of something we list and maybe, just maybe, they'll reveiw it for us one day.
What?
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 03:45
I could help with a few of these. I just need 
                                                                              some
                                                                                          motivation.  
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 13:30
Hi,

(post removed by Mosh)

Edited by moshkito - March 04 2011 at 18:28
www.pedrosena.com
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 14:09

Hi,

Just sent the start up, and rough draft, of what I am putting together for "Carmen", to Dean for a quick evaluation/suggestions ... hopefully he won't tell me to get stuffed!

Where do I send it when done, btw? ... just posting it, would require some clean up and detail to help make it clearer and better. I'm doing all 4 albums and the band information all in one, as it makes better sense, than making it look like it's just a bunch of songs.

When I get done with this, I will attempt Alquin, and hopefully I can come up with something. After that, I'm thinking that Battiato would be fun to work on, but haven't decided yet.

I'm actually wanting to tackle that Syd Barrett album, but I am not interested in fighting a giant hogweed ... in my book, Madcap Laughs and Octopus are two of the saddest albums I have ever heard in my life. To the point that I am not sure I know why I even keep them in my collection ... it is one of the all time "tragedies", and I am not convinced that drugs were the issue yet. And hopefully one day Kevin, Daevid, Robert and others, will tell us some more about this.

Thx

Edited by moshkito - March 03 2011 at 14:19
www.pedrosena.com
toroddfuglesteg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 14:13
No worries. I got tonnes of unreviewed albums in my 8 feet high mountain of albums. I will get onto most of them before the end of 2015.  
topographicbroadways View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 14:42
Confusedhmmm, i reviewed one of the unreviewed albums and it didn't appear on the home page with the First Review notation
zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 14:52
"First review of this album" only appears if the album has no rating.
topographicbroadways View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 14:57
makes sense. I'll have to begin much crawling deeper into the realm of obsure music then
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>