Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedZeuhl 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 92939495>
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2008 at 13:19
Congratulations indeed, Yukorin, on getting hitched again. 

Haven't heard "Seven Stones," though I've wanted to for some time.  What a  great deal.  I wish there were some decent record stores (or CD stores for that matter) near where I live.  Did you buy it on-line?
theultimateprogressiveartexperimentalmusicresource.org: the ultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource dot org
anael View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2008 at 23:36
Originally posted by Shakespeare Shakespeare wrote:

This thread is one of the slowest moving, yet one of the longest lasting. 

LOL it's true....but that's not funny

(this post was just to send this topic to the first page, long live to zeuhl! )
listennow801 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2008 at 02:41

Edited by listennow801 - January 30 2008 at 02:42

Ratings of Lady Gnosis: http://www.gnosis2000.net/raterclaire.shtml
Faaip_De_Oiad View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 01:02
Congratulations Yuko!

Hope Mrs. Yukorin digs odd tunes

Shakespeare View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 02:09
Originally posted by allan Duul II allan Duul II wrote:

I have only ever listened to Magma, whom I think are brilliant I have like most of Magma's albums (thankyou torrent sites!) .

Tsk, tsk. Clown

Congrats Yuko! I totally thought you were just kidding and making up a lame excuse for not being around, but clearly I'm wrong. Clap
VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2008 at 08:54
Aye, congratulations Yukorin!  I never thought this moment would come.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 21:44
Soooo.... The next Magma album will be called ?"Ementeht Re"? And it will end that particular story arc, or something..... coming out later this year????

(argh... why is it bold and why cant i turn it off... oh well)

Edited by Faaip_De_Oiad - February 06 2008 at 21:51

rileydog22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 21:49
Magma's next album will be Emehnteht-Re (you were missing an "h" Big%20smile).  It will finish off the trilogy that begins with K.A. and Kohntarkosz.  Like KA, it was composed in the 70's, and Vander refined it until he finally found it ready to be recorded.  Also like K.A., it kicks ass.  But with the completion and release of this album, Magma will have tied off all loose ends of the Kobaian mythology (though, if I'm not mistaken, the Emehnteht-Re trilogy takes place on Earth).  Hopefully this won't mean the end of Magma!  

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 21:43
^ Ah, cool.. good stuff mang!

I know it isn't full on zeuhl or anything, but eX-Girl's latest album Endangered Species has been kicking my butt all month.... catchiest album ever!

Shakespeare View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 21:50
Originally posted by rileydog22 rileydog22 wrote:

Magma's next album will be Emehnteht-Re (you were missing an "h" Big%20smile).  It will finish off the trilogy that begins with K.A. and Kohntarkosz.  Like KA, it was composed in the 70's, and Vander refined it until he finally found it ready to be recorded.  Also like K.A., it kicks ass.  But with the completion and release of this album, Magma will have tied off all loose ends of the Kobaian mythology (though, if I'm not mistaken, the Emehnteht-Re trilogy takes place on Earth).  Hopefully this won't mean the end of Magma!  

You have absolutely no idea how much I can't wait for it. I am creaming my pants at the thought. Literally.
oracus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2008 at 01:45
I'm little late here but i had to congratulate you too Yukorin! Have a nice married zeuhlish life ;-)

Yukorin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 11:23
Thanks for all your kind words, haven't logged on for a bit, but let's just say visa first, marriage second he.

Yukorin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 11:31
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Did you buy it on-line?

Got it at Disc Union in Kichijoji. Went there again today and scored Second Hands' 'Death May Be Your Santa Claus' on vinyl for 700 yen (peanuts). Definately a bootleg copy tho'.  I got to know this masterpiece through Rocktopus. Kisses to Rocktopus.
Yukorin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 12:04

Did anyone notice that a sporting legend posted a page back!?
Apsalar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 18:31
^^^ Just looked back then, nice Steve Davis - snooker player. I remember clicking on the link and viddying the name but couldn't place where I'd seen it before. 
oracus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 06:34
What about Musique Noise? I think the voting here is just unfair? What do you think?

VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2008 at 07:38
Originally posted by fiveknuckle fiveknuckle wrote:

Hi all!
I'm a new member ... been a zeuhl fan ever since 70's (1st time round) Saw Magma perform at Chalk Farm Roundhouse - London 1975 ish!
I now do a weekly radio show on my local community radio station. also able to listen via the internet:

Check out my playlists ... I play loads of Zeuhl, Rio, Canterbury etc
Cheers! Steve

Welcome to the 'chives, Steve!  It's definitely a pleasure to have a big Zeuhl fan like yourself here.  Any chance of getting Antoine de Caunes here too? Wink
Rocktopus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2008 at 19:47
Originally posted by Yukorin Yukorin wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Did you buy it on-line?

Got it at Disc Union in Kichijoji. Went there again today and scored Second Hands' 'Death May Be Your Santa Claus' on vinyl for 700 yen (peanuts). Definately a bootleg copy tho'.  I got to know this masterpiece through Rocktopus. Kisses to Rocktopus.

(Blush) Gotta be the best record shop in the world!

I haven't visited here in an long while, but I did arrange a Magma-night (look below Mr. Wyatt) celebrating Chistian Vander's 60'th bitrhday last week. You'd all wish you were there!
Over land and under ashes
In the sunlight, see - it flashes
Find a fly and eat his eye
But don't believe in me
Don't believe in me
Don't believe in me
Rocktopus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 14:00
Originally posted by Black Velvet Black Velvet wrote:

Here is a little information on the album on the list of Zeuhl bands. Translated so, excuse the poor english.

Jacques Thollot

“Five Hops”, album left into 78.

Jacques Thollot is one of the French beaters too ignored with my direction, and which it is urgent to discover to appreciate his work with his right value. Early beater in the German Saint of Paris which will give its letters of nobility to a be-bop in full effervescence.

Thollot learns the writing and the harmony with Jean Baraqué (contemporary type-setter missing in the Seventies), from there, its compositions will have this single color between jazz, contemporary writing and the French school. “Five hops” is all that at the same time, and perhaps its album more led in this direction. The voice soprano of Elects Ross gives to the unit a single charm between classicism and modernity. To also note the humorous and enigmatic side titles: “On 12 notes, roughly”, “Three years in front of, three years beyond, ouf, one year already”. The pieces make the beautiful share with asymmetrical measurements with titles like: ” Furnace furnace five eight ", “Over 9 times”, etc…

I was likely to meet Jacques Thollot and of the interviewer for Batteur Magazine, unfortunately, the article is never been published fault of topicality due to a long crossing of the desert of the artist. I nevertheless discovered somebody interested by the instruments electronic and curious to integrate these sounds into his music. However, I think one of these days of retranscribing this interview here.

On this album, Jacques Thollot is accompanied by François Jeanneau, François Couturier, Michel Graillier and Jean-Paul Céléa.

A last thing, if somebody includes/understands the photograph on the small pocket, that it does not hesitate has poster a message….it is the return of the schmilblick; -)

---------------------------------------------------

A original LP copy of "quand le son devient aigu," Just went on Ebay for around $62 US so it is not overly expensive. If people are interested, you can buy the album remastered in CD formate from Musea for 21 euro.

musea.musearecords.com/ext_re_new_catselect.php?np=2451

Here is the little excert:

The reissue, on its original label Futura, from a mythical and very rare record from the early Seventies French scene. Jacques THOLLOT, a drummer, breaks the style frontiers between jazz and rock, a bit in the same way as Robert WYATT on "The End Of An Ear", and proposes a surprising collage full of creativity.

For me personally this is well worth the money, the whole album is composed by Thollot, and does focus intently on drums and piano. Mostly tight-ish composition while still keeping than nice avant-garde sound.

Thollot's just fantastic both as composer and performer! Jazz I'd reccomend to all fans of Zeuhl an RIO. All the five albums I got by him are worth checking out. Extremely eclectic mix or lieders, smooth jazz and ballads to atonal avantgarde and jazzrock + poppy stuff, electronic beeps etc. And it all makes sense. I'd start with Watch Devil Go or Cinq Hops. But really; grab all albums you can find!

Over land and under ashes
In the sunlight, see - it flashes
Find a fly and eat his eye
But don't believe in me
Don't believe in me
Don't believe in me
Grimfurg View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2008 at 11:15
Originally posted by Yukorin Yukorin wrote:

written note by Michel Le Bars:

if anyone can translate this it will be much appreciated

BUMP
I know that this is a very old thread/post, but I though I would translate this for you :).

"Jospeh

I'm sending you two discs like I promised, (I'm putting two , just in case you would know somebody that would be interested in this). We'll be recording once again in March-April. (Stella has nicely proposed to sing for the disc).
There. See you later, maybe.
You're friend

Michel"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 92939495>