Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedZeuhl 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 08:35
Are there any good sites that explain the stories of UduWudu and Attahk? And also a site of bass and guitar tabs for Magma would be nice.

http://xanga.com/ack44
Shakespeare View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 08:52
I know sites that explain the stories of the first few releases, but I'm afraid Üdü Wüdü and Attahk are really hard to decode and, correct me if I'm wrong, but Vander is probably the only person who knows the concept in full.

I found one site that suggests most of Üdü Wüdü's songs are in the same concept as Köhntarkösz. I know for certain it has something to do with the PEOPLE OF ORK, who first came up in Köhntark. But it's not really clear who they are. Read my review of Köhntark if you want.

Also, De Futura is definitely a song about time travel. That's as much as I know.

That site also suggests that Attahk has a concept, but that it is not connected to the other albums. I sort of guessed that the people on the front were the PEOPLE OF ORK, but I was probably wrong...
ack44 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 20:28
 Thanks. Also just a thing I've noticed..... the track Weidorje starts out with the word "Eloi". I'm pretty sure this is Hebrew for God (Elohim). Then when we get to the Weidorje album, the first track is "The Voyage of Elohim"... I have no idea what this means, but it must play into the story somehow...

http://xanga.com/ack44
oracus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2007 at 10:36
Originally posted by Faaip_De_Oiad Faaip_De_Oiad wrote:

I've been having dreams about making a nice 2 disc Grindcore Doom Metal Zeuhl Album over the last few months. I think Doom and Zeuhl could go hand in hand very nicely! Maybe add in some noise for good measure. within the next 5 years i'll make sure an album like that exists.

Marry Christmas zeuhlies !!

That sounds really interesting, especially for the x-mas period!

rileydog22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 19:00
Originally posted by Shakespeare Shakespeare wrote:

I know sites that explain the stories of the first few releases, but I'm afraid �d� W�d� and Attahk are really hard to decode and, correct me if I'm wrong, but Vander is probably the only person who knows the concept in full.

I found one site that suggests most of �d� W�d�'s songs are in the same concept as K�hntark�sz. I know for certain it has something to do with the PEOPLE OF ORK, who first came up in K�hntark. But it's not really clear who they are. Read my review of K�hntark if you want.

Also, De Futura is definitely a song about time travel. That's as much as I know.

That site also suggests that Attahk has a concept, but that it is not connected to the other albums. I sort of guessed that the people on the front were the PEOPLE OF ORK, but I was probably wrong...

I doubt that Udu Wudu has a story; the impression that I get is that it was loosely thrown together. 

And De Futura is about Top's bleak prediction of a nuclear holocaust; it was originally called De Futura Hiroshima. 

chamberry View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 19:26
Here's one for Magma fans,

Founding member of The Flying Luttenbachers, Weasel Walter, is a huge fan of Magma. In the album Infection and Decline the band does a cover version of Magma's De Futura. It stays true to the original, but they add their own unique touch to their music making it sound more daring and less groovy. Still a nice recommendation for Magma fans. There's also a shorter version of the song on their "...The Truth Is A f**king Lie..." album, but I haven't heard it yet.

One can also see he's affection of Magma by looking at the name of the band's compilations.

Faaip_De_Oiad View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 05:11
Whoa, i've been a Flying Luttenbachers fan for quite some time now and i've never heard of that, amazing!

also, Zack Hill's (Hella) favorite drummer of all time is none other then the master of Zeuhl himself
, hehe

chamberry View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 13:33
^^^^  I just saw that in Zach Hill's  wikipedia page. That's awesome!

Guess who's an avid Flying Luttenbacher fans:
http://www.skingraftrecords.com/graphics/photogalleries/aidswolf_pics/aw_14.jpg

Nice.

Edited by chamberry - January 03 2008 at 13:34

VanderGraafKommandöh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2008 at 21:44
I've no idea who Aids Wolf are, but they have a lot of balls (excuse the pun) within the photo department!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2008 at 17:28
This thread is one of the slowest moving, yet one of the longest lasting. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 14:34
Originally posted by rileydog22 rileydog22 wrote:

I know sites that explain the stories of the first few releases, but I'm afraid �d� W�d� and Attahk are really hard to decode and, correct me if I'm wrong, but Vander is probably the only person who knows the concept in full.

I found one site that suggests most of �d� W�d�'s songs are in the same concept as K�hntark�sz. I know for certain it has something to do with the PEOPLE OF ORK, who first came up in K�hntark. But it's not really clear who they are. Read my review of K�hntark if you want.

I doubt that Udu Wudu has a story; the impression that I get is that it was loosely thrown together. 

And De Futura is about Top's bleak prediction of a nuclear holocaust; it was originally called De Futura Hiroshima. 

On the version of MDK from Retrospektiw I-II, when the bassline from De Futura comes in, I got the impression that that was a sign of looking to the future, or traveling to the future to see what it will be like if the humans don't change their ways and follow Nebëhr Gudahtt. The sounds that come after the bassline sound like WWIII, so maybe it's a bit of both. Or maybe I'm just completely wrong.

The inside of Udu Wudu's booklet says this in french:
"De Futura is the story of a voyage across time. A voyage that will show us how to stop the illusion of the movement of time: movement that keeps us from seeing. This voyage is enchanting and magical, given we .... - some stuff I can't translate cause I don't fully understand-... behind the apparent length of this music, all is silence."

Sounds like a trippy trip through time to me.
allan Duul II View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 22:49
I have only ever listened to Magma, whom I think are brilliant I have like most of Magma's albums (thankyou torrent sites!) . I will have to explore this genre more in depth I think.

Also congrats on Progs most obscure genre having 93 pages of replies! lol
rileydog22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 23:26

Originally posted by rileydog22 rileydog22 wrote:

On the version of MDK from Retrospektiw I-II, when the bassline from De Futura comes in, I got the impression that that was a sign of looking to the future, or traveling to the future to see what it will be like if the humans don't change their ways and follow Neb�hr Gudahtt. The sounds that come after the bassline sound like WWIII, so maybe it's a bit of both. Or maybe I'm just completely wrong.

The inside of Udu Wudu's booklet says this in french:
"De Futura is the story of a voyage across time. A voyage that will show us how to stop the illusion of the movement of time: movement that keeps us from seeing. This voyage is enchanting and magical, given we .... - some stuff I can't translate cause I don't fully understand-... behind the apparent length of this music, all is silence."

Sounds like a trippy trip through time to me.

That's just Pags (that's right I have a pet name for him) taking a bass solo. 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 23:43
But why eez it so SHORT?!?!
fiveknuckle View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 10:57
Hi all!
I'm a new member ... been a zeuhl fan ever since 70's (1st time round) Saw Magma perform at Chalk Farm Roundhouse - London 1975 ish!
I now do a weekly radio show on my local community radio station. also able to listen via the internet:

Check out my playlists ... I play loads of Zeuhl, Rio, Canterbury etc
Cheers! Steve
Yukorin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2008 at 05:36

Hi Steve and welcome. A pleasant shock to see you on here! Cueing tips wo kudasai!

To all, haven't been around for donkeys...computer problems, visa problems, oh, and I got married (again...).
Yukorin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2008 at 05:42

Incidentally, I picked up another vinyl copy of Teddy Lasry's "Seven Stones" at the weekend for 252 yen. Check your money converters. That is a stunning zeuhl freakout beauty for the price of cotton buds. Has anyone else heard this peach?
A B Negative View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2008 at 05:51
Originally posted by Yukorin Yukorin wrote:

oh, and I got married (again...).

Congratulations! Clap
"The disgusting stink of a too-loud electric guitar.... Now, that's my idea of a good time."
Yukorin View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2008 at 08:18

Thanks A B Negative!

(from B Positive)
Apsalar View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2008 at 08:21
Originally posted by Yukorin Yukorin wrote:

oh, and I got married (again...).

Wow, Yuko, Congrats! Tis an apt reason for not being 'round much.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495>