Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Alert !  Bogus reviewer  still at large !
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAlert ! Bogus reviewer still at large !

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message
dalt99 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: April 23 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 454
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 04:09
Originally posted by Ricochet Ricochet wrote:

Originally posted by dalt99 dalt99 wrote:

Originally posted by Ricochet Ricochet wrote:

In all fairness Ricochet, do we know for sure that Mandrakeroot is doing this or is this person just USING one of his ratings to copy on others. This person may have just picked Mandrakeroots review to use for his own as spam.



on some of them,he has signed as usual "for ever yours,Mandrakeroot" (or something like that)

yes,they have been removed.

Good work devs!! As far as Mandrakeroot, I found the original review he made of King Crimson's ITCOTCK. Here is the original review:

KING CRIMSON In The Court Of The Crimson King
5 stars
by MANDRAKEROOT (Andrea Salvador)

FOREVER CLASSIC MUSIC OF THE XX CENTURY!!!

This is another album that a time listened to... It will do it enchant yourselves some Classic Music of XX Century! It is not of evening an album Symphonic, because has a lot pf sub genre inclusive in this eternal Masterpiece. That genius Robert Fripp!

"21st Century Schizoid Man including Mirrors" is a piece of Prog Metal (like a lot make note me), even if is too Prog! Large everything, but above all Fripp and Lake (listened to attentive the test of Giles at the drum, also), "I Talk To The Wind" is a sweet example of Pure Symphonic Prog, really immortal (is an of the better songs of the Crimson), "Epitaph including March For No Reason and Tomorrow And Tomorrow" is a piece to the VDGG that nevertheless can be put next to the pieces of Genesis (Gabriel Era), Gentle Giant without disfigure. And yet it is a song with a large personality! Besides it is totally different from "21st Century..." showing that the Prog has a lot (too much?) sub genre that often are alone variations of a same sub genre also to the inside of a same sub genre (hope to have expressed well the concept...). "Moonchild including The Dream and The Illusion" begins with a Jazz that in reality is not Jazz but Classic Music with a large work of Giles. Nevertheless then it it becomes too Psychedelic, improvvisation, Jazz free form, Futurism and Japanese music. Well, a sole many piece of Canterbury Scene! It Closes "The Court Of The Crimson king including The Return Of The Fire Witch and The Dance Of The Puppets" that return to the Hard Rock but if with enormous amounts of the Uriah Heep more Prog and an atmosphere a little one (but very little) more (and this is weird) cheerful.

That album, mister, that album! It does not seem not even carved in 1969!

For always yours, Mandrakeroot.

Posted Monday, April 10, 2006, 05:35 EST | Permanent link

 

^^^ Notice the date on it. Obviously someone copied this review. I sure hope it was NOT Mandrakeroot!

 



Edited by Atkingani
Best of 2006 that I've heard:
PFM-Stati Di Immaginazione
Zenit-Surrender (Best "unknown" album)
Oaksenham - Conquest of Pacific
2007:
Phideaux - Doomsday Afternoon
La Torre Del Alchimista - Neo
Back to Top
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Joined: February 21 2004
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 15565
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 04:15

MANDRAKEROOT is entirely innocent here. Someone is copying his reviews, along with others, and posting them with ratings which clearly do mot match the text. While the reviews bear different names, they are from the same IP address.

I have removed the offending reviews, and will watch for any new ones.Wink

Back to Top
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator

Joined: February 27 2005
Location: Nauru
Status: Offline
Points: 46279
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 04:51
sorry Mandrakeroot 
Back to Top
Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator

Joined: September 05 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 4193
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 04:51
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

MANDRAKEROOT is entirely innocent here. Someone is copying his reviews, along with others, and posting them with ratings which clearly do mot match the text. While the reviews bear different names, they are from the same IP address.

I have removed the offending reviews, and will watch for any new ones.Wink

Thanks God!

I could not believe Mandrakeroot suddenly went crazy!!

Back to Top
Masque View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: April 01 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 808
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 08:44
Well I PM`d  (removed) yesterday and I found him very nice  and pleasant to talk to .. I have a hard time believing he is capable of doing this infact I don`t think its him  .. hes a nice guy

Edited by Masque - April 26 2006 at 03:52
Back to Top
Masque View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: April 01 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 808
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 08:46
Perhaps you should delete this thread ASAP because its hurtful  to the innocent
Back to Top
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Joined: February 21 2004
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 15565
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 11:00

Originally posted by Masque Masque wrote:

Perhaps you should delete this thread ASAP because its hurtful  to the innocent

Everyone has the facility to edit their posts.Wink

Back to Top
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator

Joined: February 27 2005
Location: Nauru
Status: Offline
Points: 46279
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 15:06
Originally posted by Easy Livin Easy Livin wrote:

Originally posted by Masque Masque wrote:

Perhaps you should delete this thread ASAP because its hurtful  to the innocent

Everyone has the facility to edit their posts.Wink



like I did with some small insults to M.
Back to Top
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Joined: October 21 2005
Location: Brasil
Status: Offline
Points: 9937
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 16:05

I had also to edit the quotes, Ricco...

Guigo
~~~~~~
Back to Top
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Joined: July 16 2004
Location: Bolton, Lancs
Status: Offline
Points: 1001942
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 18:12
Originally posted by Masque Masque wrote:

I just noticed a string or newly posted reviews that need some investigation heres a snippet of what I noticed >>> 
RUSH Moving Pictures progressive rock album and reviews Art Rock
(Studio Album, 1981)
Avg: 4.50/5
from --- ratings
RUSH "Moving Pictures"
1 stars by frank
While this is not my favorite Rush album,and it certainly dosn't deserves the overall rating of masterpiece that it has recieved on this site, its ok. When I started working through the top 25 reviews on this site, this album was barely in the top 20. Now, it has jumped to number 8. Well deserved. Besides the radio hits (Tom Sawyer and Limelight) this album is conprized of bad songs. In fact, the only one I like is Tom Sawyer, and that is mostly due to having heard it WAY too many times. Side 2 is where the really interesting material is, that most people are not really familiar with. The Camera Eye is one of the best Rush songs ever, butthe songs Witch Hunt and Vital Signs are not well worth hearing. An overall crap album. A solid 0, but I'll have to round to 1.

Posted Wednesday, April 19, 2006, 01:02 EST | Permanent link

RUSH Moving Pictures progressive rock album and reviews Art Rock
(Studio Album, 1981)
Avg: 4.50/5
from --- ratings
RUSH "Moving Pictures"
1 stars by James
While this is not my favorite Rush album,and it certainly dosn't deserves the overall rating of masterpiece that it has recieved on this site, its ok. When I started working through the top 25 reviews on this site, this album was barely in the top 20. Now, it has jumped to number 8. Well deserved. Besides the radio hits (Tom Sawyer and Limelight) this album is conprized of bad songs. In fact, the only one I like is Tom Sawyer, and that is mostly due to having heard it WAY too many times. Side 2 is where the really interesting material is, that most people are not really familiar with. The Camera Eye is one of the best Rush songs ever, butthe songs Witch Hunt and Vital Signs are not well worth hearing. An overall crap album. A solid 0, but I'll have to round to 1.

The only differance is the name thats all ! these are not the only ones there.

This sort of antic surely must ruin the validity of what you try so hard to keep fair and accurate

This is a blatant attempt to manipulate the ratings and both should be deleted!

Back to Top
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Avatar
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Joined: October 21 2005
Location: Brasil
Status: Offline
Points: 9937
Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 19:32
They were, Tony... Bob worked hard on these and several others this morning.
Guigo
~~~~~~
Back to Top
Barla View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member


Joined: April 13 2006
Location: Argentina
Status: Offline
Points: 4309
Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2006 at 00:47
Originally posted by The Miracle The Miracle wrote:

The reviews themselves are not abuse, except one needs to go. Also the rating is unjustified - he describes it as a 3-star album, not 1 at all
 
True. If I just read the review, I can imagine he gives it 2 or 3 stars, but not 1.
 
Back to Top
Mandrakeroot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Italian Prog Specialist

Joined: March 01 2006
Location: San Foca, FriŻl
Status: Offline
Points: 5851
Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 08:59
Only today I read this topic and I should say what happened at my review of ITCOTCK is really a case that does to ponder on what it is found in Internet. Also I, previously, I used other Nick Name (I admit it) but I had serious personal problems (not still of everything resolved) that carried to make those moved me. I admit it. I believe that a review, to the of it of the vow, should serve to understand how a disc is done. We take the case of "Deep Purple Live". I do not kinow if this is a bootleg or if is true how much explained myself about the copyright that expire and other things but believe that also an album with awful records should be appraised in artistic or historical sense. And it it is able to be a masterpiece. Like this is. Then I appraised it 4 stars for the quality of the records... It is not a problem. But that an arrivals to hate a person and used of the album that hates to descredit this person (beyond to the album) does not go me well. Besides the Porcupine Tree (of which I have alone "In Absentia") I is not favorite ny group, I do not understand until in fund the their Prog (that myself is not Prog) but I respect them and I admit that produce excellent music.
 
I respect the opinions of PA and understood when were removed album that I had introduced because the justifications were just. Nevertheless also I should admit that there are persons that do not think it so and ruin how much of voucher comes done. I is not between those. I consider myself a serious person and in a position of to admit that also in Rap/ Hip-Hop there are interesting album so like in other musical genre. And it is with this sincerity that I will continue to review Prog album and the Prog World.
Back to Top
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Joined: April 29 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 11752
Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 09:25
Originally posted by Tony R Tony R wrote:

Originally posted by Masque Masque wrote:

I just noticed a string or newly posted reviews that need some investigation heres a snippet of what I noticed >>> 
RUSH Moving Pictures progressive rock album and reviews Art Rock
(Studio Album, 1981)
Avg: 4.50/5
from --- ratings
RUSH "Moving Pictures"
1 stars by frank
While this is not my favorite Rush album,and it certainly dosn't deserves the overall rating of masterpiece that it has recieved on this site, its ok. When I started working through the top 25 reviews on this site, this album was barely in the top 20. Now, it has jumped to number 8. Well deserved. Besides the radio hits (Tom Sawyer and Limelight) this album is conprized of bad songs. In fact, the only one I like is Tom Sawyer, and that is mostly due to having heard it WAY too many times. Side 2 is where the really interesting material is, that most people are not really familiar with. The Camera Eye is one of the best Rush songs ever, butthe songs Witch Hunt and Vital Signs are not well worth hearing. An overall crap album. A solid 0, but I'll have to round to 1.

Posted Wednesday, April 19, 2006, 01:02 EST | Permanent link

RUSH Moving Pictures progressive rock album and reviews Art Rock
(Studio Album, 1981)
Avg: 4.50/5
from --- ratings
RUSH "Moving Pictures"
1 stars by James
While this is not my favorite Rush album,and it certainly dosn't deserves the overall rating of masterpiece that it has recieved on this site, its ok. When I started working through the top 25 reviews on this site, this album was barely in the top 20. Now, it has jumped to number 8. Well deserved. Besides the radio hits (Tom Sawyer and Limelight) this album is conprized of bad songs. In fact, the only one I like is Tom Sawyer, and that is mostly due to having heard it WAY too many times. Side 2 is where the really interesting material is, that most people are not really familiar with. The Camera Eye is one of the best Rush songs ever, butthe songs Witch Hunt and Vital Signs are not well worth hearing. An overall crap album. A solid 0, but I'll have to round to 1.

The only differance is the name thats all ! these are not the only ones there.

This sort of antic surely must ruin the validity of what you try so hard to keep fair and accurate

This is a blatant attempt to manipulate the ratings and both should be deleted!

 
 
I think the first thing Tony does in the morning (probably even before relieving his bladder) is check up on Rush reviews. He does once more before leaving the house, once more at morning coffee break, twice during lunch time, once in the afternoon coffee break and at least three times in the evening , the last just as he is about to hit the sack. Depending on the number of fake Rush reviews he found, he will be able to honour his wife. And if he does honour her, before diving to sleep , he will check the Archives once more.Wink
 
 
 
 
 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.