Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCarl Palmer in Montréal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carl Palmer in Montréal?
    Posted: April 28 2006 at 13:32
 Carl Palmer and his band willbe playing in Montréal next month. Anybody out there know anything about the lineup or set lists?
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2006 at 16:01
Assumming nothing has changed then its a three peice band ,no keyboard player and the set list is mainly ELP tracks.I've seen Carl + band 3 times in recent years and they've been great every time.

Bern View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2006 at 17:24
Originally posted by Vibrationbaby Vibrationbaby wrote:

Carl Palmer and his band willbe playing in Montréal next month. Anybody out there know anything about the lineup or set lists?

I know that there will be no singer and that they will play Tarkus, Fanfare for the common man and Hoedown.

RIP in bossa nova heaven.
The Rock View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2006 at 19:07
They'll probably play some Crazy World of Arthur Brown and Atomic Rooster.
And for the encore a couple of Asia tracks!LOL
What's gonna come out of my mouth is gonna come out of my soul."Skip Prokop"
Progfans View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 00:12
Ok, i know the promoter for the show and they are only the band and no first parts ( the reason are this drum are too BIGGER on the stage... LOL)
Seriously that will be an incredible show and generally, the musicians are very opens for signs autographs.

If you want save money on the tickets call directly Robert Dansereau from Progmontreal or you can go to the unicorn digital website.

From www.progmontreal.com

it is with great honor and pleasure that we invite you to celebrate 35 years of Emerson, Lake & Palmer with
The Carl Palmer Band, on Saturday, May 27 2006 at the Medley (1170 St-Denis Street, Montreal).

Carl Palmer, the rhythmic backbone of progressive rock's first supergroup, has been hailed as one of the world's greatest drummers, thrilling rock fans worldwide with his dazzling speed and technical virtuosity.
The Carl Palmer Band features Carl Palmer on drums and percussion, Paul Bielatowicz on guitar and Stuart Clayton on bass. The power trio will serve up an all-instrumental show, entitled "Carl Palmer Celebrates The Music of ELP".

The tour, which will begin in late May and continue through early July will cross Canada and the United States. Carl Palmer says: "I am very excited to be returning to North America to see and play for the many loyal fans I have come to know over the years", says Palmer, who announced his tour this week from Europe where Palmer has been touring since 2002. “This is a trio, which ELP also was, but we have replaced the keyboards with some very powerful guitar interpretations of that classic music. Although ELP had a lot of vocal hit songs, we were really about musicianship and conveying the spectrum of emotions through our instruments. Many of the classic elements of these songs remain, but they have been updated and reinterpreted through my new band". Among the songs featured in the show are: Tarkus, Fanfare For The Common Man, and Hoedown.

The show will begin at 9:00 PM and doors open at 7:30 PM. Tickets are available for $39.50
(plus taxes and service charges) through TicketPro at www.ticketpro.ca, or by calling 908-9090. A Unicorn Digital presentation.

La cuisine c,est comme l,amour, il faut y croire pour que ca marche
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 11:43
GOTTA SEE THIS. THE BASS PLAYER AND GUITAR PLAYER DON`T LOOK A DAY OVER 20.
 Post Reply Post Reply