Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Band website links -we need YOUR help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 79>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 11:40
Originally posted by Joolz Joolz wrote:

BE BOP DELUXE

The link goes to a tribute page on a fan site. There does not appear to be an official site ... ?

This is something we have to do sometimes, when I added Petrus Castrus (An excellent Symphonic band from Portugal), there was no official page or similar because the Portuguese Dictatorship of the 70's placed Petrus Castrus in the Politically Incorrect list, so there's very little info.

After searching hours I found a site devouted to Portuguese bands with a whole page about them, so I had to use it as it was the only availlable website.

I hope some bands had something similar, because when you are checking rare bands, any info is better than none and believe us (HT, Bob and Me) we have some very rare bands.

We even have two without any album ever relesased. LOL

Iván

Joolz View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 12:01
^^^^

..... I agree that something is probably better than nothing, but that link says "official website"

Perhaps the word 'official' should be removed?

Just a thought
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 13:11
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

The official site of COLLAGE: http://www.collage.art.pl/. The current link in the archives directs you to a site about satellites, cable TV, etc. The same thing happens if you click the link to SATELLITE's site - you end redirected to the same site as in the case of COLLAGE. But I haven't find an appropriate site yet.

Still nobody has fixed it yet...

Edited by Tuzvihar - November 05 2006 at 13:13
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 13:15

The official site of COLLAGE: http://www.collage.art.pl/. The current link in the archives directs you to a site about satellites, cable TV, etc. The same thing happens if you click the link to SATELLITE's site - you end redirected to the same site as in the case of COLLAGE. But I haven't find an appropriate site yet.

Still nobody has fixed it yet...

There there now, it's fixed.

Joolz View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 13:18
^^^

Tuzvihar

Collage updated now

Edited by Joolz - November 05 2006 at 13:18
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 13:50
And the official site of SKALDOWIE (but only in Polish): http://www.skaldowie.pl/.

BTW, can you do me a favour? If so then please fix my surname under the bio: it's Ślązak and not Ślaząk. Futhermore, A. Zieliński plays keyboards on "Harmonia Świata" (no Hammond or piano in there - my mistake). Oh, and replace  with ż in the discography listed under the bio. Ok, that's all, I think.

"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 13:58
Done, except :
"Oh, and replace  with ż in the discography listed under the bio"

What do you mean?

Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 14:14
Originally posted by avestin avestin wrote:

Done, except :
"Oh, and replace  with ż in the discography listed under the bio"

What do you mean?

Discography now:

Skaldowie (1967, studio album)
Wszystko mi mówi, e mnie ktos pokochał (1968, studio album)
Cała jestes w skowronkach (1969, studio album)
Od wschodu do zachodu słonca (1970, studio album)
Ty (1971, studio album)
Wszystkim zakochanym (1973, studio album)
Krywan, Krywan (1973, studio album)
Szanujmy wspomnienia (1977, studio album)
Stworzenia swiata czesc druga (1977, studio album)
Rezerwat miłosci (197, studio album)
Droga ludzi (1980, studio album)
Nie domykajmy drzwi (1989, studio album)
Podró magiczna (1996, boxset/compilation)
Antologia (2000, boxset/compilation)
Harmonia swiata (2006, studio album)

How it should look like:

Skaldowie (1967, studio album)
Wszystko mi mówi, że mnie ktos pokochał (1968, studio album)
Cała jestes w skowronkach (1969, studio album)
Od wschodu do zachodu słonca (1970, studio album)
Ty (1971, studio album)
Wszystkim zakochanym (1973, studio album)
Krywan, Krywan (1973, studio album)
Szanujmy wspomnienia (1977, studio album)
Stworzenia swiata czesc druga (1977, studio album)
Rezerwat miłosci (197, studio album)
Droga ludzi (1980, studio album)
Nie domykajmy drzwi (1989, studio album)
Podróż magiczna (1996, boxset/compilation)
Antologia (2000, boxset/compilation)
Harmonia swiata (2006, studio album)

And there are also some  in the bio. They sould also be replaced with ż.

Do you get it now?

Charles Bukowski
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2006 at 14:16
All the Polish diacritics disappeared from "Harmonia Świata" album info!

Edited by Tuzvihar - November 05 2006 at 14:16

Charles Bukowski
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2006 at 14:36
Can anyone fix it?
Avestin, what happened? You didn't reply to my last posts. Have I offended you somehow?

Edited by Tuzvihar - November 06 2006 at 14:37

Charles Bukowski
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2006 at 14:45
Patience Tizvihar, it's only one day since your last post.Wink
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2006 at 14:46

^^^^

..... I agree that something is probably better than nothing, but that link says "official website"

Perhaps the word 'official' should be removed?

Just a thought

I agree.

Due to the fact we're dealing with bands of the 60's, 70's and 80's when there was no internet or web sites, only the surviving bands and the most famous have an offivcial web site, in most cases the musicians are already retired or wotking in other activities and some of the lesser known bands don't have a fanbase big enough to justify an official website, much less when there are bands that released a single album.

Maybe a small addition would work:

OFFICIAL WEBSITE OR LINK

Iván

Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2006 at 15:35
Or just "Website" perhaps?
avestin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avestin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2006 at 20:43

Can anyone fix it?
Avestin, what happened? You didn't reply to my last posts. Have I offended you somehow?

No, no. I just did not follow up on that thread and did not have time to do so today.

I did the changes but it seems that when I do so, the Polish accents are not well taken and appear as something else.
I think I might need to install Polish fonts (or any fonts with those accents).
Anyone from the Errors team have them, perhaps?

Joolz View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2006 at 01:08
Most of these characters seem to be on the standard Windows character set ..... Ślązak ..... ż ..... but you need to access them from the 'Character Map'.

These changes have been made now, yes ... ?

Joolz View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2006 at 01:27
Bob, Iván

'Official Website Or Link'

The word 'official' qualifies both 'website' and 'link', thus it appears the link would also be 'official'.

'Official Website Or Other Link'

Would get around the above problem, is explicit but is perhaps a bit cumbersome.

'Website'

Attractively simple but undefined, less clear and not entirely accurate [the Be Bop Deluxe link went to a single page on a site devoted to many other things]

On balance - I vote for the middle option 'Official Website Or Other Link'

Joolz
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2006 at 11:00
Or maybe: Related Website(s) ?

Charles Bukowski
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2006 at 16:04
What about this?

Charles Bukowski
Joolz View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2006 at 16:13

What about this?

Where exactly in the bio is there a problem?
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2006 at 16:33

What about this?

Where exactly in the bio is there a problem?

SKALDOWIE came into existence in the summer of 1965. Officially, the band made their debut
on a contest called II Krakowska Giełda Piosenki in October of the same year. They won that year's contest as well as the next two. From this time on a series of successes began for the band. They won some major contests in Poland (in Opole, Gdansk),and participated in two films.
In 1967 they released their first, self-titled LP. In the same year they appeared on TV, and finally
their lineup was established as follows: Andrzej Zielinski ( org, pno, voc ), his younger brother
Jacek Zielinski ( voc, tp, viol ), Jan Budziaszek ( dr ), Jerzy Tarsinski ( g ), and Konrad
Ratynski ( bg, voc ). The next year the band began with participating in another film, and in
March they recorded their second album, “Wszystko mi mówi, e mnie ktos pokochał”. Then
they left for their first tour outside Poland, in the USSR. >p> (this should be removed too)
In 1969 they released “Cała jestes w skowronkach”. Almost all the songs from this album became
hits. In August and September of that same year SKALDOWIE toured in the USA and Canada. They came back with Hammond organs, and in January 1970 they began recording a very good album, "Od wschodu do zachodu słonca", their first album with a proggy feel, or so I believe. Three months later they recorded their next abum, “Ty”. In 1971 and 1972 the band toured the UK and both parts of Germany (they were also in Munich during the 20th Summer Olympic Games), then recorded their next two albums: mainstream, successful "Wszystkim zakochanym" and their first truly prog album, worshipped by Polish prog fans,“Krywan, Krywan”. It contains a nearly 18 minutes long suite, “Krywaniu, Krywaniu”, in which they blended all their current inspirations: from Polish highlander folk music to forms taken from classical music and even citations from the works of such composers as Bach,Mussorgski, Borodin and Rossini.

In 1976 SKALDOWIE recorded another pair of albums, "Szanujmy wspomnienia" and "Stworzenia
swiata czesc druga", the latter in the vein of “Krywan, Krywan” – also containing an even
longer suite. Unfortunately, after that one Skaldowie didn’t record any more prog albums.
The next albums from the band were "Rezerwat miłosci" (1979) and "Droga ludzi" (1980). The latter was recorded on the occasion of the 1980 Olympic Games in Moscow; that’s
why they went on a tour of the USSR. After coming back to Poland the band started recording a
double LP, "Zostaw to młodszym", which would never be released (some of the songs from
this album would be released later in 1996 on a compilation CD entitled “Podró magiczna” ).

At the end of the year Skaldowie went to tour in the USA. When in Poland martial law
was enforced in December, Andrzej Zielinski decided to stay in the States, while the other members of the band succesively come back to Poland. The band disbanded soon afterwards.

In 1987 Jacek Zielinski resurrected the band, though without Andrzej Zielinski and Jan Budziaszek,
and in 1989 they released “Nie domykajmy drzwi”. However, in 2004 they toured with their classic lineup again, and in May 2006 they also released a new album, “Harmonia swiata”.

Charles Bukowski
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 79>