FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Ranting Room

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 117>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2013 at 09:50
So sick of people who answer their mobile phones in public places and talk loudly with obnoxious attitude as if we need to hear their inane chatter. They act so high annd mighty and then do that asshat pacing back n forth as if the call is so important and the world revolves around them. 

I feel like grabbing their phone and yeling down the other end - Hey! are you deaf because this dude here is shouting at you!

Why do people shout at their phones - its called a mouth piece moron! You can whisper and he will hear you.

And save me from dumb cell phone tones - tho I laughed when the blonde driver answered her phone on Top Gear and it was "Im a Barbie girl..."  
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2013 at 10:29
How presumptuous is it of record companies to release albums with stickers on them that say "including the hit singles..." on the day that the album is released?  I realize that singles are generally released for radio consumption prior to the actual release of the album, but when the songs aren't hits (as far as I know) it seems silly to already have a sticker on the album that calls them hits.  Case in point, I bought the Alice In Chain album The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here and the sticker says "album includes the hit singles "Hollow", "Stone", and "Voices".  Granted I rarely listen to the radio, but I had not heard any of these 3 songs prior to the release of the album so what makes them "hit singles".  Also, The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here is the best song on the album and should really be the "hit single".
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2013 at 11:11
Originally posted by smartpatrol smartpatrol wrote:

This happens to me sometimes, a lot in the past couple of weeks. Some nights I can't fall asleep for hours, sometimes not at all. I'll be trying for two or three hours but I just can't, so then I just get up. I'll be tired all day, and sometimes I take a nap, but when I do, I usually feel all disoriented afterwords, and then when it's time to fall asleep again, I feel nice and awake, for some reason, and then I can't f**king get to sleep! It makes me so god damned mad! It makes me feel terrible and sick.

You've tried sleeping pills, right?

Edited by Dayvenkirq - June 16 2013 at 11:17
smartpatrol View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2013 at 11:48
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

This happens to me sometimes, a lot in the past couple of weeks. Some nights I can't fall asleep for hours, sometimes not at all. I'll be trying for two or three hours but I just can't, so then I just get up. I'll be tired all day, and sometimes I take a nap, but when I do, I usually feel all disoriented afterwords, and then when it's time to fall asleep again, I feel nice and awake, for some reason, and then I can't f**king get to sleep! It makes me so god damned mad! It makes me feel terrible and sick.

You've tried sleeping pills, right?

nope
smartpatrol View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2013 at 11:49
If I could, I'd like to not rely on drugs
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2013 at 12:46
You might want to do some walking, cycling whatevs during the day, so that your body is tired when night arrives. If I don't use my corpus during the day, I'll sleep like sh*t or not at all. 
I'm not talking work out - just something physical.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 02:17

Some nights I can't fall asleep for hours, sometimes not at all. I'll be trying for two or three hours but I just can't, so then I just get up. I'll be tired all day, and sometimes I take a nap, but when I do, I usually feel all disoriented afterwords, and then when it's time to fall asleep again, I feel nice and awake, for some reason, and then I can't f**king get to sleep! It makes me so god damned mad! It makes me feel terrible and sick.

Ladies & gentlemen, the hormone fairy has arrived

But seriously...

Quote If I could, I'd like to not rely on drugs

Exercise is a good way to tire your body but looks like it's your mind which is having trouble shutting down. Had this problem myself over a long period of time & eventually found the best way (for me, at least) was meditation. Specifically, at the time guided meditation CDs worked a treat - not sure if you can get them over there, but check out the CDs by Glenn Harrold... worth a try.

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 03:30
^ What works for one person may not necessarily work for another person, but then again, meditation sounds like it's worth a shot.

I personally just shove the buds in my ears and turn it on, but if my head is overloaded with sticky music anyway, then my work is done and I can just wait for my head to crash into the state of hypnagogia.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 03:36

^ What works for one person may not necessarily work for another person, but then again, meditation sounds like it's worth a shot.

I personally just shove the buds in my ears and turn it on, but if my head is overloaded with sticky music anyway, then my work is done and I can just wait for my head to crash into the state of hypnagogia.
ErmmEither sounds like a more responsible answer than suggesting sleeping pills to a 13 yo. Stern Smile

Edited by Dean - June 17 2013 at 05:32
What?
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 04:49
^ 13 huh? Good grief
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 12:21
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

ErmmEither sounds like a more responsible answer than suggesting sleeping pills to a 13 yo. Stern Smile

Oh, sorry, I did not know there was something wrong with suggesting sleeping pills.
Chris S View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 17:41
I hate assumptions ( myself included ) - extremely dangerous and often misinterpreted by the person assuming.
<font color=Brown>Music - The Sound Librarian

...As I venture through the slipstream, between the viaducts in your dreams...[/COLOR]
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2013 at 18:05
Didn't know they were considered drugs.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - June 17 2013 at 18:55
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 10:36
Where I live...everybody wants to be a cowboy. Everybody wants to ride the bull. Not a real cowboy from Montana though. One that has acceptable morals and has lived the true life of a cowboy. I hate this place with a passion. I play in a cover band to make extra money and it turns into a circus. Just because I'm able to play a variety of guitar styles...that means I must put up with drunks pulling out cell phones, taking vids of me and later posting them on F.B. and Y.T. for display ..and God only knows for what pathetic reason that may be. Guys at the gigs calling each other sweetheart and honey is a sarcastic way of pretending they are gay. They think it's cool to be ignorant and I don't. My wife is the singer and they approach me with these stupied comments which fuels my wife. I stop and say.."what is up with you guys?" "Where is the humour in pretending to be gay when you are not?" They remark..."Where have you been Jon?" "It's the "in-thing" to do today!" "Just because we flirt with each other, that doesn't mean we are gay." "It's the people who get offended that have gay feelings". That is just complete garbage. Everyone is an individual, unless they are influenced by the media. Could you imagine what would happen if I started flirting with their wives at gigs?  Then it would be a different situation justified in their pea brain concepts.

I don't care much for the humour in the 21st century. Everyone seems to desire to be outragous or weird. In 1974 I was considered weird by allof them because I listened to Daevid Allen. I'm sorry but that is a entire different concept. Daevid Allen was weird because he was artistic and not showboating something 24/7 within his personality just to be impressive. What happened to real people? Everyone wants to film you on stage and spread it like a cow flop across the internet. What's up with that? Am I suppose to be impressed with that? It's a joke really. Everyone wants to listen to modern Country music. It's actually a total reflection of "Southern Rock" in the 70's and not truly real Country music. I am not a fan of the music, but at least be a little more authentic. It's not practical for me to play in a prog band and live off bread and water for weeks on end. So...I'm ranting because I can't take it anymore. I hired 2 female vocalists to front the band because I felt...with the right material...people would single us out as different than many other's who depend on drum machines and sequencing. So far...that has worked and a majority of clubs ask us to play an extra hour and we make an extra 200 hundred dollars as a result of it. We end up packing places due to our diversity. I have a drummer who plays the music of Zappa and a fine Jazz fusion bassist. but the environment is like taking out the smelly garbage. Spitting on the floor and wiping it up with your hand instead of a paper towel is how I feel when these people film me, shake my hand, and talk their talk. A bunch of flipping retards or mental patients beyond help. Drunk women slobbering allover me in front of my wife is disrespectful to her and annoying to me.
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 14:13
People from the past who are very questionable seem to be justified by those around me and that is when I exit the club. A musician I knew years ago climbed up a tree and shot his girl friend in front of her kids. He then raced to the hospital to check if she died....which she most certainly did. He was on "America's Most Wanted" and managed to elude the FBI for 6 months . He was captured and now today...musicians at gigs tend to credit him for his sense of humour. I exit the room because realistically...what is the flippin' point? You're going to give this individual credit after he took a life? What kind of background did these people have in their youth? I don't forgive too much and I especially don't forget life-takers. They are like a bunch of old unpleasant ladies. If you're hair is not styled to their taste , ..they gawk at you. They seem confederate and redneck. You are not suppose to worry about what other people think because as a person you will always remain inside your own world anyway. So....that's not the issue. It's just annoying. I finally had a drink at one of the gigs and when hearing the babble from a degenerate next to me...I simply turned and said...."You can just do whatever you want!"....Pee on a tree, accuse people who just happen to not be gay of being confused about their sexuality, flirt with my wife..which goes nowhere and with all of your modern back in the woods brothers + sisters... , form your own cult...but I am not a member. Flatter your buns on FACEBOOK telling the shallow world about your garden , your depression, whatever? It's all poison to me.  
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 14:46
I play a show , the place is packed, we get a standing ovation....and then I am approached by several people who make it clear to me that my drummer is the only Black person in the venue. That offends me deeply. The answer for my sanity is listening to Billy Cobham's Crosswinds on breaks

Edited by TODDLER - July 04 2013 at 14:48
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 15:18

Didn't know they were considered drugs.

Well they don't work by magic.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 05:22

Exercise is a good one. I always sleep better on a gym day.

I've had awful insomnia throughout my adult life and whle there may be some physilogical factors at play here, most insomnia is simply caused by having a lot on your mind and not being able to switch off when you need to. A while ago it got so bad I actually considered getting rid of my bed because it wasn't serving any function anymore. I considered turning my bedroom into another living room or even a studio, and just getting a sofa bed for the lounge so I could crash every now and then when I could no longer stand up! Seriously..

Best to address the things that keep playing over in your mind and are keeping you awake, if thats applicable for you. Speak to your doctor and arrange some talking therapy.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 06:45
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Exercise is a good one. I always sleep better on a gym day.

I've had awful insomnia throughout my adult life and whle there may be some physilogical factors at play here, most insomnia is simply caused by having a lot on your mind and not being able to switch off when you need to. A while ago it got so bad I actually considered getting rid of my bed because it wasn't serving any function anymore. I considered turning my bedroom into another living room or even a studio, and just getting a sofa bed for the lounge so I could crash every now and then when I could no longer stand up! Seriously..

Best to address the things that keep playing over in your mind and are keeping you awake, if thats applicable for you. Speak to your doctor and arrange some talking therapy.

Have you tried listening to Pink Floyd Andy?

Seriously DSOTM normally has me gone somewhere on side 1.
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 08:35

I hate a little man containing an ego larger than his own size. I dislike a little man with money and power who decides to snoop around contacting everyone in my past , placing value on their insight before hiring me as a guitarist. I hate making direct eye contact with any human being who is using that method to figure me out. What is expressed upon my face is hardly ever connected with what is either on my mind or my mood swing. Bullcrap man...we are not in the military or the police academy you know? It's only life! People out on their lawn chairs whatever?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 117>