Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Ranting Room

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2015 at 08:16
my facebook sidebar of what's trending today is all garbage concerning that parade of mediocrity - The Grammys.
Sam Smith and Kayne West and their ilk

Makes me want to go live on an island with my records

"I know one thing: that I know nothing"

- SpongeBob Socrates
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2015 at 08:25
^ I've always ignored it ... as though I've never noticed it.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2015 at 21:06
Well this is annoying.

My wife and daughter went away for the weekend on a Girl Scout camping trip - they are out of cell phone range, but while she was traveling there, while she was still in cell phone range, she called me urgently saying that she forgot our daughter's inhaler.  She asked me to try and reach one of the Girl Scout moms on Facebook (whom I've never met) because she is driving up early tomorrow morning, and maybe I could drop the inhaler off at her house tonight.  That was at about 6:30 pm.   I posted on Facebook with my contact info.  At 9:30 (bear in mind I like to go to bed early) I get a text from her saying she's at a work event, but her husband is home, and I can coordinate with him.  She cc'd him on the message too.  So I texted him.  30 minutes later, nothing.   I was looking forward to relaxing tonight but instead I'm checking my phone ever 5 minutes.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
sublime220 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2015 at 22:27
^Hope all that nonsense gets sorted out. I've had many experiences with this sort of thing (actually,way too many) due to my extremely high anxiety and OCD symptoms. I totally get it.
There is no dark side in the moon, really... Matter of fact, it's all dark...
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2015 at 23:44
Wow that sucks Steve, sorry to hear it

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2015 at 23:48
Eventually I got to drop it off - around 11 pm.  It's over now.  All is well.  Ahm ova it.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2015 at 00:01
Get some sleep man....I'm about to nod off as well

stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2015 at 00:06
Along those same lines, it really does annoy me when I have a task to do, simple or complex, and it all hinges on another person having their sh*t together...and they don't. And they don't follow through for one reason or another. Lately it's been with trying to schedule a tattoo. But, seems like some people just say "f**k it" with common courtesy and the very basics of interacting with human beings and just free-ball it around their stupid sphere of influence.

Also, drunk now so...whatever.
*frinspar* View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2015 at 18:14
Plumbing is mankind's worst idea ever.

I loathe working with water and pipes. Yet it seems that's what I'm always doing. I'd love to be able to afford to have someone repipe the entire house, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

The latest battle with that insidious liquid and the channels to bring it into my home started last night when we got back from a walk. I noticed some water trailing along the grout lines in the kitchen tiles. I thought maybe I had dropped a couple of ice cubes I didn't notice and they melted. I wiped it up and went to the store. Came back and there was more water.

Great.

Checked the washing machine and the new water heater, which are on the other side of a wall to the kitchen, and everything looked fine. Then it dawned on me: the damn fridge.

Pulled it out and saw water pooled underneath. Not horrible, it is hopefully just a cracked or burst line feeding the water dispenser and ice maker. I can do that easily enough. It was too late to bother with anything then, so I cut off the water at the valve in the wall and left it for today.

Good news! The valve leaks from the handle when it's shut off. Lovely! That means not only do I have to find and replace a line in the fridge, perhaps even the solenoid, but I have to replace the valve, which is in a tricky spot.
Even better, after an hour of trying to budge the nut, it hasn't moved at all.
Before I head out to get some penetrating spray I figured I'd vent a little somewhere, since I was looking something up anyway.

I've had enough run-ins with it as a homeowner to confidently say, I hate water. LOL It always finds its way to where it wants to go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117