Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLeviathan Demo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leviathan Demo
    Posted: May 16 2006 at 05:40
Hey, here's a link to our live demo.

www.leviathanmusic.tk

Opinions/criticisms wanted!

R.
Soulman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2006 at 19:42
That took a bit of time for me to download your demo. It'd be cool if you guys just streamed it off of MySpace or Soundclick, but that's okay.

Anyhow, the music wasn't really my style to be honest. Albeit you guys have a strong very indentifiable sound. I don't listen to a lot of U2, but most of it seemed to remind me of that band.

The songs were a bit hard for me to listen to because I didn't quite feel involved with the songs really. It just seemed like you were filling in a lot of empty space with effects, and I didn't quite get the feel of a tight band. Although I admire the experimentation the guitarists uses with the effects, but none of it really felt progressive but more like w**kery, like he wasn't really trying to make his part solid.

I admire a lot of different styles of vocalists, but your vocalist seemed lack anything melodic or atleast varying. Alot of it just seemed like an african preacher preaching the gospel over and over quite monotonously.

Although I did like the bass and drums. They were able to add some energy to the sound. The bass kept it funky and straight on the beat. The drums were also good, and I like the busy drum beats, but you guys seriously shouldn't hide him in the editing process with all that compression, reverb and delay.

I understand you guys are most likely going for a sound that I can't quite relate to. But still feel like you guys need to something that really tries to attack the listener, rather than lull the listener into a trance with your mystical music...that'd be truly progressive, as it would challenge the listener to listen to it.

Anyhow, sorry if I seemed like a jerk, but I thought I'd give my two cents.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't Kill the Whale, Dig it Dig it" - Jon Anderson

I shall live by those words all my life Jon
Leviathan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 16:27
Fair enough, thanks for taking the time.

Interesting the U2 reference, we don't listen to much U2 but we do come from the same part of Dublin as them, must be something in the water!

More crits welcome!
BePinkTheater View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2006 at 17:42
Aren't there already three band's called Laviathan??

What does it mean. Why is it so popular...
I can strangle a canary in a tin can and it would be really original, but that wouldn't save it from sounding like utter sh*t.
-Stone Beard
 Post Reply Post Reply