Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIZZ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: IZZ
    Posted: May 24 2006 at 09:25
What a fantastic band this is.  I have been playing the two albums I have from them ("I Move" and "My River Flows") nonstop for the past few weeks.  I've written a review on "I Move", but I still need to write one for "My River Flows", which I think is a huge step forward musically for IZZ.  I've listened to some of the other newer symphonic artists such as Salem Hill and Magic Pie, but IZZ really seemed to grab me, and now I count their discs as among the best in my prog collection.  Anyway, highly recommended, and I just wanted to hear from their other fans out there to have a sort of general discussion or love-in or whatever.

Tongue
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 09:54
IZZ are brilliant. I've had "My River Flows" for a few months and have played it a lot. Only just got "I Move" but it seems just as good. There are a lot of different influences in this band but it all seems to mix together well.
I also love Salem Hill, you might want to check out Little Atlas as they're similiar.
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 10:20
The female vocal harmonies on the new album are really wonderful.  I hope they make even more use of them on future efforts.  Indeed, I hope there are future efforts!

Oh, by the way, find out more (including listening samples) at http://izznet.com.
Empathy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 10:53
I only recently got "I Move", and I've only heard it once thus far, but I was duly impressed. I have a soft spot for genre-bending bands. Cool

Looking forward to exploring them more!
Pure Brilliance:
earlyprog View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Neo / PSIKE / Heavy Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 10:58
"Deafening Silence" !!!!!!!! Need I say more. It sends shivers down my back. Best prog tune for years.Thumbs Up
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 11:01
Originally posted by Empathy Empathy wrote:

I only recently got "I Move", and I've only heard it once thus far, but I was duly impressed. I have a soft spot for genre-bending bands. Cool

Looking forward to exploring them more!

That was the album I bought first, and "duly impressed" summed up my feeling.  Then I got "My River Flows" and was blown away, it was that much better.  Definitely do look into picking that up. Thumbs Up
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 11:02
Originally posted by earlyprog earlyprog wrote:

"Deafening Silence" !!!!!!!! Need I say more. It sends shivers down my back. Best prog tune for years.Thumbs Up

ClapClapClap

I couldn't agree more, what a stunning track!

Edited by NaturalScience - May 24 2006 at 11:02
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 02:07

I doubt either of you post here anymore but just saw this thread.  This band is fantastic.  Had the pleasure of seeing them live at CalProg 2005 and three of them came and did an acoustic set called Izz Lite at Calprog 2006.  Great music and harmonies.  Hmm maybe some people might say too poppy in the vocals but I don't care about people like you anyway. This band should be getting a lot more attention than they do here.  But we are really Prog Metal archives or Prog rock classic archives so they won't.Dead

"What are you going to do when that damn thing rusts?"
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 19:45
I have IZZ I Move, its an OK album but nothing on it has really grabed me, I dont think I would give it more than 3 stars in a review. However Salem Hill's Robbery Of Murder and Not Everybody's Gold I find to be really good albums, well worth cheacking out.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Mikerinos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 19:49
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

I have IZZ I Move, its an OK album but nothing on it has really grabed me, I dont think I would give it more than 3 stars in a review. However Salem Hill's Robbery Of Murder and Not Everybody's Gold I find to be really good albums, well worth cheacking out.

That's kind of the opposite of me, I really enjoy I Move (and My River Flows), but the Salem Hill I've heard hasn't really impressed me at all.
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 13:04
You should check out Late Night Salvation and Deception also from MRF as well as Deafening Silence!  I like I Move a lot but I think MRF is more complete however I also think they still have yet to put out "THE" CD for them. 

I like Salem Hill as well and I have their last two Be and Mimi's but I like IZZ more right now but I will keep listening.

Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 13:12
Garion, I mean this without any sense of hyperbole:  I rank "My River Flows" right up with any of the best prog from Yes, Genesis, et. al. in my collection, it is one of the finest prog albums I've come across in a long time.  I'd love to see this band get more attention around here, which is why I started this thread!  Unfortunately, it died a relatively quick death Cry thanks for resurrecting it!  Clap
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 13:15
Slightly OT:  I have Salem Hill "Be" and find it to be good, not great - 3 stars.  I'll have to see if Mimi's Magic Moment can impress me more.
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 13:20
Originally posted by NaturalScience NaturalScience wrote:

Slightly OT:  I have Salem Hill "Be" and find it to be good, not great - 3 stars.  I'll have to see if Mimi's Magic Moment can impress me more.

I love Salem Hill and have all of their releases and have to say that Mimi's Magic Moment is their best album so far.

Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 13:23
^^^ Thanks, think I'll grab it from mindawn sometime soon.
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 15:18
Originally posted by NaturalScience NaturalScience wrote:

Garion, I mean this without any sense of hyperbole:  I rank "My River Flows" right up with any of the best prog from Yes, Genesis, et. al. in my collection, it is one of the finest prog albums I've come across in a long time.  I'd love to see this band get more attention around here, which is why I started this thread!  Unfortunately, it died a relatively quick death Cry thanks for resurrecting it!  Clap

Hey, there are a lot of bands that just get swept under the rug in favor of the "least favorite band threads"Dead Really upsets me. Angry

IZZ is a great band playing some great music all done part time. Fronted  by the brothers Galgano Tom (keyboards and Vocals) and John(Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals) Greg DiMiceli and Brian Coralian on Drums Scotsman Paul Bremner on Lead Guitar and Anmarie Byrnes and Laura Meade on vocals this group explores many territories.
 On top of that they are all bright, friendly people who love what they do and love prog music in general. I have the pleasure of being in their company twice and look forward to seeing them again. It scares me to think what kind of music they could come up with full time. Late Night Salvation I think could be prog rock track of the year.
I hope you get to see them live sometime although they don't play much out of the Northeast of the US. 

I also think Salem Hill, Cryptic Vision and other bands don't get any respect or love here either.

Greg W View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 23:50
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

Salem Hill's Be is even better.

I like IZZ as well, but the vocals are too poppy(eh Garion?Wink)
Garion81 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 01:11
^ At least they are not hick. Wink

Long time no see. How are you?

Post Reply Post Reply