Topic ClosedHellsing OST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hellsing OST
    Posted: May 27 2006 at 19:44
Hello guys I'd like your help.
There is as anime "Hellsing" and I like its original soundtrack very mutch. That music is great. It's a little bit hard for me to  deside to whitch style that music belongs, in general it's prog, but what is it in detail?
Now the main thing: does anyone know and could recommend me something very very similar?
dagrush View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 19:52
Yasushi Ishii is the artist. I agree that the CDs are great, but I don't really think they're quite prog.

As for similar... I've never been able to find anything, so I'm curious as well.
penguindf12 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2006 at 02:15
I have the "Cowboy Bebop", "Trigun", "dot Hack", "FLCL", and "Neon Genesis Evangelion" (the latter a very 'progressive' show, by the way) OST's. The most 'professional' of them is definitely the first, mainly traditional jazz and other "ethnic" influences, you can really tell there was a lot of effort and though put into the arrangements. It's done by Yoko Kanno I think, a fairly well-known Japanese composer.

The Trigun soundtrack is western, with sort of a desert, jazz, and blues feel, although a bit more rock and electronic than the Cowboby Bebop OST.

The FLCL soundtrack also stands out, as most of it is recorded by the Japanese power trio "The Pillows". They seem to have a slight King Crimson influence, but they're mainly J-rock. The song "Pain" is in 7/8 time!

The other two are less noteable, really. Especially the Evangelion soundtrack is lacking, souding mechanical and unoriginal a lot of the time. A shame, because the show is so good.

I guess this concludes your glimpse into my "other" interest...
Varnas View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2006 at 07:14
Thanks penguindf12. Now I think I'll try to have a glimpse on The Pillows.
 Post Reply Post Reply